It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teresa vs. Laura

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
In all fairness, Laura is most fit for the job. Teresa's no match.

Presidents arent elected on whos wife looks more fitting for the White house role. Kerry is by far the best choice for president though.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Laura Bush looks like a stepford wife. No originality there. Not much personality showing through. Rather boreing.
Teresa has more personality. At least she gets your attention and seems to have a mind of her own. She expresses her opinions more openly. I don't see anything wrong with her.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I don't mean to be simplistic and have a short post, but why do people think she's a Stepford-Wife? Barring the recent movie, how many even know what the hell that even means?

Other then the funny pics Nerdling posted a few days ago, what about Laura Bush makes someone think she's a Stepford Wife?

She's disagreed with her man more then Teresa has. And hell, Teresa's leading in marrying powerful men 2 to 1.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
While this should be a ludicrous topic, unfortunately it isn't. The first lady should not be a factor in the decision of who becomes president but unfortunately in ths post hillary world it is. While some may label me a sexist for sayng this the first lady should have NO place in forming, implementing, or deciding national policy. Not because the first lady is a woman but because we do not elect the first lady. While Hllary viewed herself as Co-president (and apparently with good reason) when viewed in the context of any other job it is revealed hw ridiculous this idea is. Do the wives of CEO's regard themselves as co-ceos? Do the wives of engineers at nasa weigh in on rover design? The role of the first lady (or first man if we elected a female president) is primarily a PR role. To support thier spouse in thier difficult and stressful job both publicly and privately.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Teresa hands down. Any first lady who cares about the environment is good in my books

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
One thing is for sure, Teresa and Laura are like night and day which makes it easier to pick one that you can more easily relate to.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
How many of you will consider the wives when you cast your vote?

I most certainly do not. The first lady is possibly the most irrelevant aspect of any president.

Who would you prefer as our next First Lady? Laura Bush or Teresa Kerry?

I really wouldn't care if gwb divorced laura and shared T. Kerry with John Kerry, or swapped the twins for cheney's lesbian daughter, or anything like that. Anyone actually considering who to vote for and in anyway bringing the first lady into it should probably not be allowed to vote in the first place.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hmm...Bitch or Stepford Wife (and yes, I'm familiar with the term, and prior to the recent movie, which was a remake of the older one anyhoo)....

Choices are about the same as those for the Office, hehe...evil or lesser evil.

At least Laura can stay out of the news, and not shoot her husband's campaign in the foot every week by throwing a temper tantrum or making a snooty remark...I'll give her that much...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join