It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver Stone Exposes Horrific Military Training Video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Anything in a tactical environment could prompt this. I'm not saying I like it. I'm saying that it may be the purpose. 2 things, I too hunt and know how to field dress game, I'm also a soldier and we are taught unorthodox ways of keeping on the move and surviving.

I could be mistaken, but this looks like SF survival training.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Bixxi3

Anything in a tactical environment could prompt this. I'm not saying I like it. I'm saying that it may be the purpose. 2 things, I too hunt and know how to field dress game, I'm also a soldier and we are taught unorthodox ways of keeping on the move and surviving.

I could be mistaken, but this looks like SF survival training.

So the enemy is hot on your tail and you still have time to hunt and cut an animal but can't put it out of its misery first. I see ok yeah

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

It could also be trauma training. Seeing someone getting blown up and having to treat that person can be a pretty awful thing. This could very well be desensitization training.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well unfortunately the army is not looking to train little girls

I know this may sound harsh to some sensitive people, all i can say to you is.. well then don't go in the army, chances are you wont make it out of training if you're a little sensitive and lack the minerals anyway,

The truth is... The Army do not want weaklings and mentally unstable people who would run at the first sign of trouble, they want to train young health mentally & physically tough people to do the fighting, and be able to rely on them when it counts

And so the training must be "as physically & mentally demanding as is can be" to weed out the weak, the OP goes on to say look how terrible this is while he eats meat for dinner that went through the same process, oh boo hoo thats a little hypercritical wouldn't you say, i wonder if you would be more upset that soldier during training was learning to nit sweater & socks instead?

Please don't red tape anymore necessity's before we end up a bunch of pussies good for nothing,

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
THIS IS NOT SURVIVAL TRAINING.

This is "goat lab". They use the goats for Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen and Coasties who are being trained at an advanced medical stage. Most people who go through goat lab will, at the end of their training course's entirety, qualify for either a PA certification or be at a minimum certified as paramedics; and often will have actual training to the level of doing minor surgery and other procedures such as sewing ripped or torn arteries, the treatment of protruding organs (such as intestines), trauma stabilization, etc, etc, etc.

The simulators which Oliver Stone addresses are beau coup dolla, are a real PITA to set up and take down, and if they don't work that training is wasted on what amounts to a rubber dummy.

Goat lab is mainly conducted for special operations personnel and others who might not be close to land, such as the Coast Guard.

The average military medic does not go through goat lab. This is a very specialized course. Yeah, they're joking around. So what?

These goats are not fit to be sold or eaten. They're anesthetized.

I bet Oliver Stone would flip his lid if he found out what shepherds do to a lamb/sheep/goat if it runs away: they hobble it. Essentially, a shepherd will break one of their legs and keep it in an enclosure while it heals. The loss of ability to be with the flock inculcates a desire to not run away again. And shepherds don't even use Ketamine every 5 to 10 minutes.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well I am seeing no context for what the training is actually for, but I would not be so quick to jump the gun. Sometimes things are not as they seem.

I can tell you what this video reminds me of....

I have a casual type friend who is a medic in the Military. He has been serving for years and he does advanced training. One day over a couple of beers and some wings, he was telling me how he had to go away for training for a few weeks. He was looking forward to it because of what they did during training. Hearing him describe it, it sounded completely barbaric to me, but I was able to see how it could be needed.

He told me they trained using goats. They would inflict injury to the goats to simulate combat type of injuries. His favorite part is when they would kill the goat and the medic would have to bring it back to life. I do not remember all the specifics he shared, this was years ago, but I remember thinking it was just horrible, but I could understand why it would be done.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So the poster knows just how much people don't like him

It's not facebook y know
It is military training yes it is brutal and some people will find it unpleasant
Maybe if they gave the goat a cuddle first people would find it more acceptable
When your in a warzone you are not worrying about billy the goat
You will thinking about your mates and hopeing that you finish the skirmish with all your limbs still attached and no extra holes
Training exercises like this save lives

Cran

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Bixxi3

It could also be trauma training. Seeing someone getting blown up and having to treat that person can be a pretty awful thing. This could very well be desensitization training.

Looks to me like they're training them into being psycho butchers/killers then anything...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If the Military wants to submit their soldiers to trauma training then, instead of using goats they should get a list of every inmate that is on death row and use them for these kinds of exercises.

Can't get any more real!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Ok, I have taken part in this type of training. I would like to make a few points.

1. Unless you have put a tourniquet on someones mangled bloody stump because their leg just got blown off, or you have had to pinch an artery shut while someone else is packing gauze into a groin cavity, you can go right ahead and shut the hell up (i.e. Mr. Stone).

Ask anyone who has been to Afghanistan the last few years, and they will tell you that was the best training they had prior to deployment.

2. We used pigs, not goats. You have to give it a name or call it the patient, you are not permitted to call it a pig. The animals are sedated with ketamine every 5 to 10 minutes, to ensure they do not feel any pain.

it is the anaesthetic of choice when reliable ventilation equipment is not available. Ketamine tends to increase heart rate and blood pressure. Because ketamine tends to increase or maintain cardiac output, it is sometimes used in anesthesia for emergency surgery when the patient's fluid volume status is unknown (e.g., from traffic accidents).

The animals used are also riddled with tumors and unfit for food. How they got that way or where they came from, I don't know.

Just the other side of the story, before you start jumping to conclusions.

I don't have to do any jumping, you did. It's more like a hardening-up-the troops exercise, just because the boss says it's okay?
edit on 2-6-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is medical training. There is no need to keep the goat alive otherwise. They seemed concerned when the goat began to wake up, and wanted to hit it with more drugs to conk it out so it didn't suffer. I think it makes sense to work on an actual living thing, even if we do have very life like practice dummies as shown at the end of the video. I'm OK with it if the goats are actually knocked out.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Well I am seeing no context for what the training is actually for

Really? You're not? Did you watch the whole video? Do you have any sort of basic reasoning skills?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
If the Military wants to submit their soldiers to trauma training then, instead of using goats they should get a list of every inmate that is on death row and use them for these kinds of exercises.

Can't get any more real!

We say the same thing, I think we should just use rapists and child molesters.

Save taxpayers a bunch of money.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Clearly this was a medical training exercise to help them learn to treat "bleeders" in the field. It had nothing to do with preparing the goats for eating. And the goats were not properly anesthetized, if you had of watched the video properly you would have seen the part where the goat was waking up, moving and moaning. Imagine waking up to find your limbs being cut off with bolt cutter! That's completely sick! As mentioned in the video, there are plenty of much more humane ways this could have been done.

And now for a bit of humor to lighten the mood.

edit on 3-6-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Not even going to go there I guess, not worth listening to people tell me why foreign wars are a good thing, and I'm just an idiot...
edit on 3-6-2012 by maus80 because: self-sensoring

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
They cut up and drag a human foetus from the womb of a mother with absoloutely no remorse. Little humans with no anaesthetic... nobody, almost nobody cares.....but a goat.
What a joke, this stuff makes me laugh.
People more concerned and compassionate towards a goat than a baby.

Oliver Stone,what a sensationalist drama queen.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

They do not "cut up" the fetus whilst still alive. You are the sensationalist drama queen.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Its desensitivity training with one goal in mind. To make automatons of people who are then given guns and turned loose in foreign lands to kill without remorse.

Training people to kill is a step up process that begins with "sillouhettes" and "dummies" but progresses to animals and then people.

What did you think... they do this for fun?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Its called survival training. When's the last time you learned to butcher your own meat? There are going to be times in an operational environment that butchering an animal for food is going to be necessary. The process is not pretty, but knowing how to do it could mean the difference between life and death.

This is NOT survival training..

I have done survival training.. Escape and Evasion.. Etc...

None of them included the part where we hacked off goats legs with bolt cutters..

This course is how to be a sociopath..

Disgusting fkin freaks!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
How more plainly obvious can it be that there are too many people on this planet with holes in their souls where their hearts should be.
If it doesn't bother you that this is happening, that you can easily justify it as "necessary" training, please hurry up and start evolving, im sure you can't have a lot of hair left on the backs of your knuckles after dragging them for so long.

What is more disturbing is, someone comparing the life of a damned animal as though they were a human being. Many people in this world would rather see their own neighbor or family member die than their own dog or cat. How much more disturbing is that?

Its an animal.
Soldiers Train... Its what we do!
This is an effective way to give someone skills without having to cut off someones real leg to get the proper training.

I went through some of these "special training" and I even got the blue star pin from it. It's all based on 1st aid, survival and keeping your fellow man and or ranger buddy alive.

They're goats! Get over it! Tell me about it when you see people being used in stead. Then I'll have a diffrent opinion on the matter. Till then, animals are just animals that can NOT be compared to the mortality of a human being on ANY level, no matter what feelings, or tears an animal may "seem" to have, or any supposed human like capabilities.

Do you cry when you see a squirl run over? Why not? You drive.. You probably ran a few over without knowing.

I might have hit 5 birds in the last 2 years alone, and never trying to, of course. I'm as soft as anyone else when it comes to feelings for an animal... To an extent. When you start looking at an animal as you would any other human being... You need to reassess what life means to you and what exactly deserves one over the other. If you're still choosing your pets over people... Sorry, you're the portion of the people I would love to cut out of my country.

So I guess, in a way, our opinions are no better than the others. So, who claims the right way based on 2 diffrent opinions? Some other self rightouse person? Hardly.

Common sense tells you the one that speaks and reasons is the one you should concern yourself more with. Dont want to hear "but animals speak"... No.... Animals make noises. They mimic sounds.

Ever see a cat raised around dogs? Most that Ive known tend to bark and pant like a dog. Go figure. The same way monkeys mimic humans.

Almost the same way humans mimic one another, but with actual reason behind it. not just cause someone else is doing it and you have not done it before... Then, there are still some people like this... lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join