It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So They Won’t Let You Marry Your Same Sex Lover …

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
C’mon people, get creative.

INCORPORATE and write bylaws to suit the particular needs of your “union”.

You could name your new partnership “Wedded Bliss, LLC”, or if you’re planning to adopt, you could go for something like “HIMHIM and associates” or maybe “SHE&SHE Group”.

Instead of exchanging vows, exchange powers of attorney.

I think you’d find that you would have far more rights and benefits than are provided for by standard marriage laws. Heck, doing this would probably even be an improvement over marriage for heterosexual partnerships.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Im for civil unions all around, for gays and straights alike, the state should stay out of it in the first place.

its not about the rights but having the Title of Marriage... because there are several legal alternatives like you suggest that would accomplish the same if not be more beneficial.

Also just for myself, When I met my wife, and we dated, I knew at some point she was the "one" I didn't need the state, I didn't need a Church, I didn't need anyone to "tell" me we where married.

In my heart we where, and the state getting involved was an after thought... and thats about as sappy as i get.
edit on 2-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Not sappy at all

Excellent points. The state mucks up more friendships than they'll ever support.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Marriages are so out dated . In some cases it has even turned into a sport to see who can have the most . I been with my girlfriend for 7 years ( longer than a lot of people have been married for) There is no need for it . I understand there are people who are religious and that is part of their faith. Funny how some people cry for individualism and quickly run off to be part of conformity.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Marriages are so out dated . In some cases it has even turned into a sport to see who can have the most . I been with my girlfriend for 7 years ( longer than a lot of people have been married for) There is no need for it . I understand there are people who are religious and that is part of their faith. Funny how some people cry for individualism and quickly run off to be part of conformity.

There is still no reason NOT to buy a her a lil piece of shiny rock though.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

My Girlfriend said that is a very materialistic point of view. lol

(edit) Why do people feel buying things is a sign of affection. If I didn't care for her I would of left a long time ago. Also if she was a woman who materialistic and wanting proof of love threw proof of purchase I would of left along time ago.

edit on 2/6/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/6/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Marriage is a contract between two people, that is arbitrated by the government.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who is gullible enough to want the government as party to a legal contract, deserves any and all of the horrible things that are predictably going to happen to them as a result.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Marriage is a contract between two people, that is arbitrated by the government.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who is gullible enough to want the government as party to a legal contract, deserves any and all of the horrible things that are predictably going to happen to them as a result.

^^ this.

jk, I feel pity for the gullible because learning how manipulated they've been is never a picnic. Its when either party begins flinging hatred and blame and using innocent children as battering rams during the court battles that my sympathy dries up because that always leads to more dysfunctional kids and bigger government and bigger laws.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Marriage is the #1 cause of divorce.
That's all I have to say.

new topics

top topics

join