It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both Candidates Possibly Cheated During the Presidential Debates??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
In all likelihood this is a hoax.

During the Presidential Debate Bush made what may be his most costly error- he exposed that he�s using an earpiece to help him answer debate questions. In the middle of an answer bush said, "now let me finish" as if someone was interrupting him - yet nobody did - he was talking to the person in his earpiece.

Listen to the mp3 yourself- or watch the video at c-span
rtsp://cspanrm.fplive.net/cspan/project/c04/c04093004_debate1.rm
ffwd to 40 min 30 sec

There is an mp3 with the audio at NYC indymedia

bellaciao.org...

I couldn't get the C-Span clip to work to see for myself. Can anyone verify that Bush said this?

Given how poor his answers were, I find it hard to believe that Rove (or anyone) was helping him...

Thoughts?

[edit on 2-10-2004 by loam]

[edit on 3-10-2004 by loam]

[edit on 3-10-2004 by loam]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I got the video to work, and yes, he did in the middle of his sentence stop, and say" now let me finish".....I could hear no one audibly interupt him...

Now, that doesn't mean he was wearing a wire. There could have been a movement off camera of someone making him think he was going to be disrupted.. Or, he could have been wired , and he's just stupid..

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What an @ss. An earpiece, damn if this is true, then he really is $tupid. Bush has proven his critics, there is such a thing as de-evolving.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Now Drudge is reporting that Kerry may have cheated....

DEBATE MYSTERY: DID KERRY HAVE CHEAT SHEET?

Section 5, pages 4-5 of the binding "Memorandum of Understanding" that was negotiated and agreed upon by both political campaigns states:

"No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by either candidate.... Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium..."

So what did Dem presidential contender John Kerry take out of his jacket as he approached the stage [with his back to the auditorium's audience]?

What did Kerry place on the podium?

Video replays of the Kerry maneuver played all weekend long on the internet.

[A tight zoom analysis of the Boston.Com feed shows Kerry pulling a mysterious item his jacket [14 seconds into video, after commerical]. Kerry appears to unfold some sort of paper seconds later, at his podium.]

A top Kerry campaign source explained to the DRUDGE REPORT late Sunday how Bush supporters were once again trying to distract.

"Kerry did not cheat," said the Kerry insider. "This is more lies from Republicans, who are hoping for a quick change of subject away from the president's performance, and the new polls."

When pressed on the fact that even brandishing a pen from his jacket would have violated debate rules, the Kerry staffer laughed, adding, "See you at the inauguration, Drudge".

Developing...

www.drudgereport.com...

To see the video....

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Lehrer was about to go on with the debate so Bush was looking directly at him and said ' let me finish'. No ear piece, it was a statement maid to Lehrer.

And for Kerry, it looked to me like he had a pen that he pulled out of his jacket pocket but other people are convinced that it's a folded up piece of paper. Either way, he was not supposed to bring anything with him ... anything he needed was to have been put on the podium before he arrived.

There are threads on each of these issues that you might want to read to get everyones opinions.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think I saw Kerry making notes while Bush was speaking. I did not watch the entire debate (I grew tired of the BS answers); but I think what I saw was between 9:30 and 10:00PM. I thought note-taking was allowed -- I certainly see no problem with taking notes since several points can be mentioned in 90 seconds that may need rebuttal; but a cheatsheet or earpiece is a different story.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I think I saw Kerry making notes while Bush was speaking

Note taking IS allowed. That is why Bush and Kerry were both provided with paper and pens which were waiting at the podium for them.

What is NOT allowed is bringing your OWN notes or paper or pens. Kerry brought SOMETHING in and he was not supposed to.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Bush wearing an ear peice is rather hard to belive, since no one saw it on tv. Kerry pulling out a pen is a minor technicality. They both broke the rules when they began talking to eachother about theri daughters. These two reports sound like unfounded political mud slingning stemming from the fact that both candidates are pretty much the same and they're running out of things to use to discredit eachother.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
What an . An earpiece, damn if this is true, then he really is $tupid. Bush has proven his critics, there is such a thing as de-evolving.

Hmm. What about Kerry? Seems he might have pulled out the cheat shhet, and there is more evidence of that than Bush's talking to someone because of maybe a gesture he saw that we didn't.
Any words of condemnation for him?

By the way, do not use symbols in the place of letters in order to use profanity around the censor. You'll get whacked for that. Try and be original and clever, that is more fun and is something that neither one of the candidates can do!

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I watched the whole debate and I didn't see any cheating I don't think any of the candidates would have allowed that.

Yes I remember bush saying "let me finish" but we cannot really tell what happened because the moderator had his back to the camera.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Maybe 'God' was talking to him again.

new topics

top topics

join