It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I posted this a few pages back, but I think it got lost in the shuffle. I had trouble taking mine because of the vile taste. My solution was to mix a small amount of skim milk and a half a spoon of local raw honey. The honey completely overpowers the bad taste and makes it much easier to take. I hope that helps someone out there who is thinking of not taking this because of the taste.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by goldylocks

I find the taste is bad, but tolerable. I just hold my nose, swallow, and chase it with some water. The aftertaste for me is not too bad, either.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I've been reading this since the OP posted it. I also did more research online about this process. Last week I ordered the ingredients and received them this past Monday. Tuesday evening made the first batch! I'm on the 3rd day of taking it and am very pleased with the results. Even though the taste is yuck. I am loving the results!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Update:

4 days in

Could be placebo effect but this is what I'm experiencing

Energy level has increased especially within the first hours of taking a dose.
Appetite has definitely seemed to decrease. Not craving as many sweets as usual ( not that I eat that much candy to begin with)
Not really noticing a mental effect.
Mood seems normal, but I'm a pretty upbeat person to begin with.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mtiger92

Know you'd like to help your dad, but as you said, it's ultimately his decision. Should he choose not to continue that lipo C, you've done all you can. We just found out a friend's husband was given about three weeks (cancer) and I told her all about the lipo c, links, information, and offered to provide the lipo c myself. But, ultimately it is in their hands. One just can't push. I'm sure it is frustrating to feel you have something so valuable and not be able to help. Feel free to vent your frustrations here, I'm sure no one minds. Just take a peaceful approach when you are with your dad. Don't want to hurt the relationship at this tender time in his/your life.
be strong, be gentle.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

I see what you're saying, but actually when you electrolyse water you get H+ and OH- ions, so it does have the possibility of playing with pH. Obviously, the ions should recombine as quickly as they are split, however, this is the way a lot of the alkaline water machines do their job. They use a semi-permeable membrane that keeps the alkaline and acid water seperated, the acid forming at the positive cathode and the alkali and the negative (or the other way around!)

Yes, but that won't matter, even if sonication did somehow do something similar to that. I mentioned that pH = log[H+], what I didn't mention is that pH also = 14 - pOH, where pOH = log[-OH]. If your solution is thoroughly mixed, you won't see a change in pH if the water is undergoing a process similar to electrolysis as you have described it. Additionally, the net production of the electrolysis of water gives you H2 and O2 gas, not H+ and -OH.

I tested the pH of the mix before and after sonification, nothing else was done to it, no additions of water or anything else. The only change would be a slight increase in temperature I noticed, presumably from the US energy input. Before starting, pH was 3.5 after 40 mins of 70W 42khz bombardment the pH had dropped to 3.2. Not a lot, but it's about a 10% drop!

A difference of 0.3 pH units says to me that it's fluctuation in whatever equipment you're using. Also, you have to realise that vitamin C is a weak acid, not a strong acid. It doesn't fully dissociate the acidic H+ in solution, but instead exists in equilibrium between it's protonated (acidic) and deprotonated (conjugate base) form. If it's not variation in your equipment, what it might be is simply the sonication pushing the equilibrium to the right, which would cause for there to be more H+ in solution, giving it a lower pH. Did you observe the same change using your lower power machine?

The bicarb test is supposed to assess the amount of encapsulation by the amount of foam that is formed when the bicarb solution meets the acidic lipo-C. Megamind got almost no reaction and about 1/16th inch of foam. Mine fizzed up and almost out the top of the glass. We are using the same Lecithin, both using pure powdered AA and both have a very similar looking mix.

When you add bicarb to acid, you produce carbonic acid, which then breaks down to release CO2 gas and water. The CO2 is what's causing the bubbles you observe and how violent that reaction is depends on a bunch of things. The test seems a little pointless to me, though. Bicarb should react in the same way with plain old ascorbic acid as it would with the combination.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by goldylocks

Are you mixing the amounts of milk and honey you've mentioned to the whole preparation or just to the portion you are taking everytime?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Giovany

I am using the packets from LivOn Labs to start out. I am squeezing the package into the milk and then adding a few drops of honey to kill the taste. Works great. I assume the homemade version taste much the same and the milk and honey would work for that as well. If all goes well with the packets and I feel some improvement in my energy level, I plan on trying the homemade version for long term usage.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervalentiodine

A difference of 0.3 pH units says to me that it's fluctuation in whatever equipment you're using. Also, you have to realise that vitamin C is a weak acid, not a strong acid. It doesn't fully dissociate the acidic H+ in solution, but instead exists in equilibrium between it's protonated (acidic) and deprotonated (conjugate base) form. If it's not variation in your equipment, what it might be is simply the sonication pushing the equilibrium to the right, which would cause for there to be more H+ in solution, giving it a lower pH. Did you observe the same change using your lower power machine?

I did notice a slight increase in acidity with the other machine, but much less so I assumed it was meter error.

It's funny really, because in the first few pages of the thread I was frustrated at the attempt to isolate science and non-science by Muzzleflash and RockPuck and one or two others (amongst other conversations). To me, that was all irrelevant, just make the mix and if you get a benefit then great, no need to know how or why it works!

Because I am not noticing the dramatic changes of others, I got carried away with the hows and whys, and the bicarb test threw me into a bit of a loop.

The bicarb test is supposed to assess the amount of encapsulation by the amount of foam that is formed when the bicarb solution meets the acidic lipo-C. Megamind got almost no reaction and about 1/16th inch of foam. Mine fizzed up and almost out the top of the glass. We are using the same Lecithin, both using pure powdered AA and both have a very similar looking mix.

When you add bicarb to acid, you produce carbonic acid, which then breaks down to release CO2 gas and water. The CO2 is what's causing the bubbles you observe and how violent that reaction is depends on a bunch of things. The test seems a little pointless to me, though. Bicarb should react in the same way with plain old ascorbic acid as it would with the combination.

I tend to agree, but don't have enough knowlege to have any conviction. To me, if it tastes tart, then it is acidic and should fizz up with bicarb! The fact that MM and someone else reported differently, got me all excited.

I think the idea for the layman is that the lecithin is somehow molecularly coating the ascorbic acid, forming liposomes that pass through the intestinal wall without the need for digestion. MM posted a pdf a few pages back which is on my reading list, along with posting those pics and vids when I can.

I'll go look for the posts so you can take a look.
edit on 15-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

Here it is: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid
This may be a incredibly stupid suggestion, however it's worth the risk.

Has anyone thought of taking a look at this stuff through a microscope? Would you be able to see the bubbles and encapsulation?

Just a thought.

I guess that would depend on the size of liposomes and also how to view them (stain, dark field etc)
I have a microscope with a dark field filter, which allows me to see live blood (really cool) but I struggle to get any smaller than that as it's a cheapy from India and not that easy to get a clear pic with the 100x lens (tend to stay with the 60x and a 20x eyepiece). The scope also has a video recording gadget, so I could post pics and vids if I knew what to look for.

Isn't this all supposed to happen at the molecular level anyway? In which case I aint gonna see anything with my gear - wouldn't you need an electron scope for that?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Yes but I wouldn't expect the ph to change very much in a 16oz solution with an acid mixed with water in concentrations of 25% to 50%. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem to me that it would. I would have thought the strength of the acid would affect ph more - like battery acid vs lemon juice.

You obviously are more expert at this than I could you explain? Am I wrong in my assumption?

Also with the bicarb test. Wouldn't the amount of acid in the solution affect the reaction with the bicarb. The reaction would be biggest when the amount of acid and bicarb were equal in quantity (all of both reacting). And if there were less acid then less of an observed reaction - since not all the bicarb could react?

edit on 15-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by goldylocks
I posted this a few pages back, but I think it got lost in the shuffle. I had trouble taking mine because of the vile taste. My solution was to mix a small amount of skim milk and a half a spoon of local raw honey. The honey completely overpowers the bad taste and makes it much easier to take. I hope that helps someone out there who is thinking of not taking this because of the taste.

That's good to know - but I don't mind the taste at all. I think its actually kind of good. I could just sit around drinking it I think. My gf thinks I'm kind of nuts

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

This news really bummed me out ...

I don't really know what to say ...

I have family that reacts to things in a similar way ... always some excuse.

I can sympathize ...

I agree with what 2serious had to say ...

I'm very sorry

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Yes but I wouldn't expect the ph to change very much in a 16oz solution with an acid mixed with water in concentrations of 25% to 50%. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem to me that it would. I would have thought the strength of the acid would affect ph more - like battery acid vs lemon juice.

You obviously are more expert at this than I could you explain? Am I wrong in my assumption?

Also with the bicarb test. Wouldn't the amount of acid in the solution affect the reaction with the bicarb. The reaction would be biggest when the amount of acid and bicarb were equal in quantity (all of both reacting). And if there were less acid then less of an observed reaction - since not all the bicarb could react?

I eventually got the video up. so here is my bicarb test for you to compare with your own:

also some pix from the batch procedure:

Fit and Vital Lecithin vs. Now brand Lecithin (Now on right)

My new USC ;0)

It even has a lid (and a basket!)

After only 8 mins, all foam is gone (actually gone after about 5 mins or less):

Final batch compared to previous, new batch on left:

Bicarb test result after 10s:

After 30s with measure in cm:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

2 years ago my mum went through colon cancer. I had her come to my house for the summer for natural healing. She was a real trooper, doing all the routines and after 2 months she looked and felt better than she had in decades. She is 75 and also has 2 hip replacements and was on daily pain meds, plus chemo and other meds from breast cancer 5 years prior. I took her off ALL the meds and she found she nolonger had ANY pain during the latter part of the natural healing program.

Unfortuanately, I have an allopathic nurse for a sister and a science bod for a brother, and they both were against the natural route. Mum went for a second camera up the bum test and the tumor had apparently grown a bit, so everyone got on my case, she panicked and went for the surgery.

They promised it would be a 3 month start to finish procedure, doing an illeostomy, colon section and then 3 months later a rejoining of the colon. Mum thought she'd be back to fitness by xmas.
Well allopathic PR and marketing never fails to amaze me, and of course 2 years later she is still spending 4-6 hours per day on the toilet, even though they have now down the 'repair'. They are now saying it will be another 12 months or perhaps she will never recover full use of her bowel.

Of course, the family thinks the surgery saved her life. Personally, I think she would have been totally healed and not only that, but would have retained the incredible health she got back during the programs we did. Now she is back on several daily meds and steadily falling back into the allopathy quagmire.

Bottom line: allopathy sucks, but when people are scared for their life they will trust the doctor over their own judgement and any amount of private testimony. I nearly fell out with my siblings over this, and in the end I had to swallow my tongue and just back off and watch mum being butchered.

I am bitter of course, but in the end, everyone invovled was just doing the best they knew how. Allopathic conditioning is just too strong in the western world for most.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by goldylocks

That's good to know - but I don't mind the taste at all. I think its actually kind of good. I could just sit around drinking it I think. My gf thinks I'm kind of nuts

Nuts or just weird taste buds

I've found a teaspoon of blended ginger root, honey and lemon juice as a chaser does the job.
I don't like milk at all, so the milk and honey (sounds biblical) doesn't appeal

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
All my supplies arrived and I finally get to start this weekend.

With regard to the taste, would their be anything wrong with mixing your dose in a small glass of orange juice. I know I'm going to need a way to give it to my 80 year old mother. Or perhaps a glass of chocolate milk? I can barely get her to eat anything as it is and if she rejects the taste I won't be able to get her to take it at all. I will need to disguise it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

First my lipo C solution was cold - it was in the fridge ...

I stirred my bicarb in the same as you but got little to no foam. After it sat for a few seconds about a 1/16 of an inch of foam formed.

Could the temp have something to do with it?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You obviously are more expert at this than I could you explain? Am I wrong in my assumption

Firstly, I should note that I made a minor error in the formula I mentioned before. pH = -log[H+] and pOH = -log[OH-].

It can change enough to make a noticeable difference. If we assume you have a strong acid (for the sake of simplicity; weak acids, though more applicable to this context are a bit more complicated in terms of the math) with a pH of 3, then we have a concentration of H+ ions of 1 mmol per litre, or 0.001 moles in every litre. If you halve that concentration to 0.5 mmol/L, then the pH becomes 3.31. Obviously how strong an acid is has a big affect on the resulting pH, but the main contributor is really concentration (note: volume doesn't really matter too much except that the smaller the volume, the larger the variation in concentration).

For my own curiosity, I went and found some data on ascorbic acid to work out what the pH would be for your solutions. In the case of ascorbic acid, I calculate the pH of a 50% w/v solution to be ~ 2.5 and the pH of a 25% w/v solution to be ~ 2.2. So perhaps not big, but noticeable with med-low sensitivity equipment or narrow range pH strips.

Also with the bicarb test. Wouldn't the amount of acid in the solution affect the reaction with the bicarb.

It would affect whether it would go to completion or not and the rate at which it gets there.

The reaction would be biggest when the amount of acid and bicarb were equal in quantity (all of both reacting). And if there were less acid then less of an observed reaction - since not all the bicarb could react?

Not really. Rate kinetics and reaction equilibrium is a bit complicated and (for the most part) beyond my area of expertise as an organic chemist; I do know that reaction rates don't necessarily peak when your starting materials reach a 1:1 equivalency and that this particular reaction would not be reversible where the decomposition of the carbonic acid to CO2 and water is instantaneous or particularly expeditious (which, IIRC, it is). The rate of addition of your bicarb would probably create a more noticeable effect in the immediate sense. It would also be influenced by how much you agitate the solution during and directly after the bicarb is added (see: shaking a bottle of soft drink).

I hope I've made some sense here. I spend so much of my time speaking what can only be described as another language separate to English that it is sometimes hard for me to figure out if I've pitched things at the right level or spoken a bunch of jibberish.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Yes! I was going to ask that as my next question. The colder it is, the less violent the reaction, because the CO2 isn't released as fast and some of it will also remain in the solution. You might notice that if you agitate the solution in the cleaner, you get a bit of bubbling.

Edit: The reason I hadn't asked this earlier was because I (for no real reason) assumed you were both doing it at room temp and so didn't think it was relevant as the difference in ambient temperature would probably be quite negligible.
edit on 15-6-2012 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join