It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I'm not sure. I'd like to hear from some people who've tried this and let us know what the results are after trying it for a while.

I think with most things your body is self regulating. It doesn't make Vit-c. But you only need below about 10 mg per day to maintain yourself. That's like a glass of fruit juice, or 1 peice of fruit, or a salad, etc etc. it's nothing. You'd get that in the course of eating a 2000 calory a day diet.

Remember sailors were given each a few drops of lemon juice to cure or prevent scurvey while they were out at sea. It doesn't take much at all.

So to give yourself what's like nitrous oxide might run the engine too hard and cause other problems. It's hard to say. I'd be open to trying it. But I'm pretty skeptical.

Like for example, one way to have a lot of energy in a day is just to get lots of rest the night before, and eat very small meals during the day, or just not eat much at all. I think a balanced life could just be as good for having more energy.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What you mean is your body is just fine without it. Plenty of bodies are not just fine. Or are open to being better. Most people looking to megadose vitamins are looking for ways to become fine or be better. None of us are worried about scurvy probably. Most of us are concerned about the effects on our body of a modern diet that has vastly, vastly exceeded what our evolutionary food and toxin supply ever asked the body to handle before.

Like most things, younger people and ectomorphs tend to feel invincible; everyone else eventually realizes there is probably more importance to Lecithin (as important as the ascorbic) and C than eating an egg and an orange once in awhile.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

nightlight7
Here is the working link for the paper.
Note also that this paper did not cover nano-spherical encapsulation (~150 nano-meters spheres) but spheres of 5 micrometer or larger, which is 33 times larger. The difference is that latter form is not transported into cells directly but needs to get unpacked and repackaged into vesicles (our internal nano-spheres) in the liver, which results in additional loss of efficiency.

My understanding was that anything greater-than 200nm would be disassembled by the liver. While getting lots of lecithin and ascorbic to my liver is all very lovely, I don't need to hassle with blenders and sonicators for that. Getting a decent chunk of it in small enough liposomes to be distributed directly to the tissues without disassembly is IMO the whole point of all this. It won't be all of it, or even all of the part that's genuinely encapsulated, but hopefully it'll be "some" and the rest is still useful. Thanks for correcting the link, didn't realize -- but you're right, without an attempt to reduce the lipsomal encapsulation to a less-than 200nm particle size, I don't think we can really compare body handling of the two formulations.

PS Darn, I was going to edit my previous post to change the info to HEAPING Tablespoons and add a pic, but it's after 4 hours. Well I'll add the pic here.

edit on 17-11-2013 by RedCairo because: using the lesser-than left-carat sign killed the text

edit on 17-11-2013 by RedCairo because: added PS and pic

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is a great quote(s) I thought you guys might like. The second one is a very famous quote, I just didn't realize he was the guy who first said it.

The medical profession itself took a very narrow and wrong view. Lack of ascorbic acid caused scurvy, so if there was no scurvy there was no lack of ascorbic acid. Nothing could be clearer than this. The only trouble was that scurvy is not a first symptom of lack but a final collapse, a premortal syndrome, and there is a very wide gap between scurvy and full health. But nobody knows what full health is!

... Full health, in my opinion, is the condition in which we feel best and show the greatest resistance to disease. This leads us into statistics which demand organization. But there is another, more individual difficulty. If you do not have sufficient vitamins and get a cold, and as a sequence pneumonia, your diagnosis will not be "lack of ascorbic acid" but "pneumonia." So you are waylaid immediately.

-- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

from a foreword to
The Healing Factor: Vitamin C Against Disease, By Irwin Stone
With forewords by Nobel Prizewinners Dr. Linus Pauling and Dr. Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
This book is now online free at www.vitamincfoundation.org...

Discovery consists in seeing what everybody else has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.
-- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

edit on 17-11-2013 by RedCairo because: messed up the italics

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

spartacus699
I'm not sure. I'd like to hear from some people who've tried this and let us know what the results are after trying it for a while.

I think with most things your body is self regulating. It doesn't make Vit-c. But you only need below about 10 mg per day to maintain yourself. That's like a glass of fruit juice, or 1 peice of fruit, or a salad, etc etc. it's nothing. You'd get that in the course of eating a 2000 calory a day diet.

Remember sailors were given each a few drops of lemon juice to cure or prevent scurvey while they were out at sea. It doesn't take much at all.

So to give yourself what's like nitrous oxide might run the engine too hard and cause other problems. It's hard to say. I'd be open to trying it. But I'm pretty skeptical.

Like for example, one way to have a lot of energy in a day is just to get lots of rest the night before, and eat very small meals during the day, or just not eat much at all. I think a balanced life could just be as good for having more energy.

10mg per day?

Where are you getting your information?

Your entire comment is wrong on so many levels... I don't even know what to say.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Julie Washington replying to spartacus699
10mg per day?
Your entire comment is wrong on so many levels... I don't even know what to say.

The previous few posts I saw from spartacus699 on this thread suggested that, as I fuzzily recall, a) it was [insert derogatory opinion here] so just eat an orange, b) a raw lemon is better [than all this], and c) ascorbic acid is 'garbage' and 'bad for you' just get some Chaga tea powder.

He has other posts around the forum that tend to be drive-by 1-2 line negative trolls. At least the post above was complete sentences and possibly the longest thing I've seen him write so far. It's almost inspired and sounds like actual thought was involved. Bit diff than most posts I've seen with his avatar. I think it's safe to say he knows nothing of Liposomal-C but is not fond of the 'idea.'

Editing this to add something which specifically addresses the thread (oops, sorry ATS): I have found it interesting that many people in the culture around us seem resistant to lipsomal-C. Now it used to be, they were resistant I noticed to alternative treatments for a variety of things or ways (e.g. colloidal silver, or frequency technologies). I figured it was because to them, those approaches far-out. But how far out is "Vitamin C?!" I think this makes it clearer that it's probably not about how simple or complex, familiar or unfamiliar any given treatment idea is. I'm not sure if it's a matter of just not wanting anyone else to be happy if someone onlooking isn't (pretty common psychology), or if it's just wanting to be 'right' (so others must be wrong), or that maybe "hope hurts" sometimes so anything that seems easy and good presents a threat.

edit on 19-11-2013 by RedCairo because: being a more useful forum member... the topic, the topic

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Julie Washington

spartacus699

10mg per day?

There's so much bogus info out there in terms of our bodies needing tons and tons of vitimines and minerals in order to survive. I don't think so! It's all a scam. You don't need any of that. The body creates most all vitimines execpt vit c which you need tiny amounts of, yes 10 mg per day. And vit d which you get from being in the sun.

The body infact can survive on so little. Like 1000 calaries per day easy.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
And since ascorbic is one of the most non-toxic substances in the world to humans even in immense dose, and since there are 80 years of research evidencing its astounding applicability to nearly everything under the sun in the human body -- during health, never mind during challenge -- then precisely what would be the cause of trying to discourage people from taking it? It won't hurt them and it very well might help them even 'under the hood.' Do you just have a great desire to make sure nobody is accidentally helped by it in any way? What motivates this behavior?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Ookie dokie, believe what you want.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

RedCairo
And since ascorbic is one of the most non-toxic substances in the world to humans even in immense dose, and since there are 80 years of research evidencing its astounding applicability to nearly everything under the sun in the human body -- during health, never mind during challenge -- then precisely what would be the cause of trying to discourage people from taking it? It won't hurt them and it very well might help them even 'under the hood.' Do you just have a great desire to make sure nobody is accidentally helped by it in any way? What motivates this behavior?

I'm trying to stop them from making the biggest mistake of there whole life, plus tptb directly instructed me to diswade people from trying in as it might make them well.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

spartacus699

RedCairo

I'm trying to stop them from making the biggest mistake of there whole life, plus tptb directly instructed me to diswade people from trying in as it might make them well.

Wow! The powers that be gave you a directive?

Can you explain to us who "they" are. And what is your association with "TPTB" ?

You are obviously close to the source.

Oh and I appreciate your life saving advice, just need a little extra info.

Like you know, sources and stuff... ( you have been here long enough to know that BS walks etc. )

You are coming across in a very negative way. Time to back yourself.

edit on 21-11-2013 by Timely because: deleted surperfluous "the" this is not going to end well ...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
One of the landmark papers in ascorbic dosing is Robert Cathcart's 1981 paper on bowel tolerance of different conditions. This was his succinct summary of about 9 years and over 9000 patients. It seems like a no-brainer now that the more 'stuff' in your system that ascorbic can 'deal with' the more of it you can take before a bowel flush result. But it wasn't always a known, not at all. Realizing that this clearly indicated something about what goes on in the body was kind of a big deal.

I created a summary of the table/figure/info of the white paper in this image. (Click the image to see the full size.)

Also for those who aren't familiar with the bowel-flush effect of 'enough' ascorbic/ascorbate, I have a little blog post explaining what it is, what causes it, when it does vs. doesn't happen, how to minimize it, etc. here:
hypernutrient.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Nice! Informative, verifiable and up to date.

Nothing but facts that beg to be checked !

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ha - yeah 1981 isn't too recent but nobody but a couple journals will publish orthomolecular stuff and it's hard to one-up 9 years of summarized research in another paper I suppose.

The thing about orthomolecular health approaches is that it is fundamentally based on the concept of "Biochemical Individuality." (BI) -- A good book about that from a few decades ago I got used a few years ago. There's really only one that is still the standard.

That is to say that humans vary radically. More radically than anyone would believe. Everyone requires radically different amounts of things, puts out radically different amounts of things, even organs and more are shaped and sized with a vast more variety than anyone realizes.

Medical studies mostly find an average in the middle, which could actually mean it sucked in both directions for the vast majority of people but when you average it into a norm it looks good LOL. The author of BI essentially suggested that the whole way we go about evaluating a lot of medical studies is inherently flawed and more harm than help as a result.

The use of Vitamin C (Ascorbic/Ascorbate) as a health treatment is very related to BI. Theory being that some people simply have an ongoing need for more or less of a given thing, that it is variable to the individual's distinct genetics, not just from family but their individual expression of course.

I have a ref on an ancient blog about this, hang on lemme dig it up.... alright here it is:

I loved his examples from the works of biochemist Dr. Roger Williams, who wrote Biochemical Individuality, and others in that field. Just the few examples Bowden gave were so impressive that I want to quote the little section of chapter 2 here for others to see and consider.

From the Atlas of Human Anatomy, he reproduces illustrations of nineteen different laboratory speciman human stomachs of dramatically different shape and size and does the same for seventeen different livers. He reports on differences--dramatic differences--among normal healthy infants in leukocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, lymphocytes and monocytes. He reports on huge differences in the musculature of the pectoralis minor muscle and on the variations in the amount of islet tissue in the pancrease.

He suggests that the potential rate of production for insulin alone probably varies throughout a ten-fold or greater range, and that the number of insulin-producing cells in the pancreas varies from 200,000 to 2.5 million. This, by the way, in normal people. The thyroid gland in normal people varies from a weight of 8 grams to 50 grams. Pepsin, a digestive enzyme produced by the stomach and one of the two most important functional constituents of gastric juice, varies in the normal stomach by a thousand-fold. [...]

"The particular insertion of a muscle in the back of a hand can make the difference between a concert pianist and a person who's all thumbs," stated Dr. Alexander Ballin, in a lecture about biochemical individuality and vitamin needs. Twenty-two percent of people have differences in the structure of this muscle; 13 percent don't have the muscle at all; 1 percent have two muscles.

...I'll ... sum it all up for you in two words: Everybody's different.

and

(quoting Bowden) When I taught personal training at New York's Equinox Fitness Clubs, we had an exercise physiology lab that contained an apparatus called a metabolic cart. You would get on a treadmill and put on a mask attached to a computer that would measure your oxygen intake and your carbon dioxide output at different levels of exercise intensity. Then the computer would calculate your caloric expenditure as you exercised. The individual variations were absolutely astonishing, and they would often vary enormously from what the standard equations would predict.

It's an N=1 experiment on everybody's part to figure out what works for them.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Good afternoon to all,

It's been a long time since i've posted anything back in this topic, but i made a new batch today and did something a little different!

anyway, the same measurments and everything the only thing i did diffeent was dry blend the lecithin granuels in my blender, it basically blasted it into a powder, AND once i added my liquid and blended it, the result was a totally lump free and very smooth mixture with little and eventually no foam in the final product.

the taste is slightly more palatable, or milder, so if you are still making your own LVC i suggest trying it!

P.S i have been making this and taking it since June last year when i first found the thread, and feel great!

cheers!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
A couple of notes I found when reading historical posts from Brooks Bradley, the guy who came up with the homemade liposomal vitamin C idea to begin with. (He is a former regional research director at Ely Lilly corp, and other sciencey things. He is quite old now and not so internet involved anymore.)

Actually, the sodium ascorbate form of vitamin C is greater than an order-of-magnitude more soluble for tissue incorporation... than is the ascorbic acid form.

So it sounds like buffering (via potassium or sodium bicarbonate) "any remaining fraction" of ascorbic left in the lipsomal formula once it is completed, would definitely be of value (for more than just reducing the sour after-kick).

The "rough&dirty" "encapsulation test" using bicarbonate as the test, it turns out is probably not ideal. I am working on some experiments using pH measure or glucose-monitor reaction to ascorbic to see if I can come up with some other way of measuring approximate encapsulation just for my own trivial interest.

This is an "excerpted summarized" (by me) quote from Bradley on the bicarbonate test:

The ONLY truly reliable means of, accurately, knowing the degree of encapsulation is via Electron Microscopic observation. This entails preparation protocols/equipment beyond means of most persons----even most laboratories. ... In my enthusiasm to avail list members of a "simple" protocol, which had yielded results reliable enough to validate useful parameters....I outlined a test which is *not truly indicative* of the encapsulated Vitamin C content. ... Although some may be able to replicate my results, the protocol proper, is too unreliable for general application. We HAVE determined, via electron microscope examination by an associated laboratory... that almost any solution achieved using the simple procedures outlined in my original post for producing encapsulation... yields >50% encapsulation. One excellent indicator is the degree of "apparent homogenization". That is, the uniform, milky, appearance... and its "long-term" (days) retention.
P.S. I would be remiss if I failed to encourage ALL OF YOU to continue your researches addressing use of this most promising protocol for encapsulation. The majority of our investigations have yielded VERY powerful positive results.

fwiw.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I am still making a bunch of this stuff as about 4 of us take it daily. I currently have the large USC from harbor freight and would be interested in going with a larger model.

Do any of you have a larger USC that you could recommend?

I was looking at this one from northerntool

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
yes ,i agree with your point,vitamin gives the stamina to withstand more time.The food we have take a healthy food and that contains vitamin c.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hi Julie,

I just visited me mum for the first time since the end of Dec 2012.
I found out that the reason she cannot take the Lipo Vit C is due
to her being on Cumidin...she said she would not have worried about
the Blood Glucose spikes if taking the Lipo C but, there is a conflict
with the Cumidin. What a bummer as nothiing can help her & she will
not make it through another year....6 mo if we're lucky.

Making my new batches tomorrow. I saw surgeon today for 2nd post-op
surgery appointment. Everything still going well but me healing time over
all will be slower than most due to severe arthritis pushing me hip forward
& making the left leg 1" longer than the right for ~ 2 1/2 yrs.

This compromised all joints in lower back, both legs & feet where they had
all shifted to the wrong positions & now have to slowly move to the correct
ones. However even though it will be alot slower than someone with a break...
it's all still good & will start aquatic therapy soon. Dr was still very happy with
my recovery. I am bloody happy that I can finally stand on 2 feet & walk normal.
Thanks to Lipo Vit C! & hopefully adding Glutithione after the 1st of the year!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow, I've been around the world for 80 years looking for a possible solution for my problem.

This appears to be (liposomal Vitamin C) a 'miracle drug' and I was going to post here for assistance for the skin on my legs.....yet this might be only for a problem diagnosed by a medical practitioner?

I have been a partial paraplegic (broken back) for 44½ years (June 1969).

Some years ago (about 15?) my legs, where there is poor circulation, began to develop red spots and I knew not why except that I did have poor circulation.

Fast Forward to March, 2009, when I was struck, in my wheelchair, on the sidewalk, by a car backing out its driveway. That left a broken femur, left leg, and at the third surgery, the top of femur was removed. Now I have no hip.

My mobility was less, therefore bathing was not the same and now I have such dry skin with scabby spots where the flat ones were. My skin is thin, and I bleed easily. I tend to not want to do anything that could cause an infection ....gangrene .....amputation ..... just a 74 year old piece of "chicken"....who cannot get an answer from her doctor or the dermatologist and am at my wit's end. I can cover up the "leprosy-looking " mess with pantyhose, but dry skin is flaking all the time and I haven't yet found a suitable soap... or gasoline or drain cleaner.... (just kidding), but it means I've been trying)... to try to heal my skin, which I think is only 2 layers now and maybe one layer in places, very sensitive.....this is only on my legs, from just below the knees down where the pain sensation stops.

Starting my own thread would not have brought the attention of all you people, and I do hope someone has an answer. As we all know, not all doctors, health care professionals, know everything and there are other "tricks to the trade", as I have read.

Will liposomal Vitamin C help on a "surface problem", as in my case?

Please help!

Thank you
CS70 (74 now)

edit on 7-12-2013 by canadiansenior70 because: (spell )

Oh My! I ought to have added that just 6 months ago I was diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR) when my arms went from weak and painful to useless. (I therefore had none of my 4 limbs working. PMR is an inflammation of the joints and I am now on Prednisone, just beginning the third session of 4 weeks, each being a drop in the MG per Day. First was 50 mg daily and am now at 10 mg daily with a drop to 5 daily, coming, as we test this out---otherwise my arms pain and weaken and I become useless. I have hired 2 helpers now!

With the facial and foot swelling, from steroids, the leg problem is FAR more obvious and annoying and ............well they shoot horses, don't they?
edit on 7-12-2013 by canadiansenior70 because: additional info

new topics

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join