It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay-Z Kanye West new Protest/Police Brutality Vid, Symbolism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So a lot of you claim that Jay-z and Kanye is in the Illuminati. What do you guys think of their newest video? Does it have a deeper meaning or just purely cinematic?

They lyrics MAY BE symbolic, don't just go by first impression.

Starts off with protesters standing in front of a line of riot gear police throwing a maltoff cocktail

The police starts beating people up

Illuminati symbolism?

Then the people start winning and overthrow the police

And then ends with an elephant rising up, symbolism?

edit on 30-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
"Coke on her black skin made a stripe like a zebra
I call that jungle fever
You will not control the threesome
Just roll the weed up until I get me some
We formed a new religion
No sins as long as there’s permission"

No it has no meaning, what so ever. What it does have though is an underlying message of materialistic bull**** which nobody cares about.

The video does not reflect the content of the song.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I'm not talking about the lyrics, I'm talking about the video.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I think the illuminati want Americans to riot in the streets. It's only my suspicion, but who knows.
If that were true, then this video would be promoting the same agenda.

It's kind of like "Drop the world" with Lil Wayne and Eminem
and I tend to think Eminem broke free (which is one reason his music started sucking)
I am basing that on many things, but watching "I'm not afraid" you'll notice his hair is back to normal, he's wearing a cross, and he's "this dark cloud still follows me around... I'm exorcising these demons... these mother effers doin jumpin jacks now."

I tend to not like a lot of what Jay Z does. A lot of it has demonic images. No offense is you're a fan.
Then again his song "Lucifer" seems to say he's on Jesus' side...

I gotta stick with Tupac and Eminem..

EDIT** I can't really decide one way or the other on the video...
I noticed a lot of Roman symbols in the video. Like the gods are just watching and we gotta fix this on our own.
It also kind of seems like rome is falling. I don't get the elephant, but elephants were used against the romans. Quite a scary war horse an elephant is...

edit on 5/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
They are the worst rappers of all time. Really making a bad name for good musicians out there.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That was a wicked good song ! I like it.

Symbolism very strong throughout. I'm seeing classical archetypes in both the statues and the general staging of the action. Many of the scenes are similar to classical paintings of war.

But the most powerful theme running through is the fall of the Roman Empire, isn't it ? The elephant reminds me of Hannibal's confrontation with Caesar's army.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Elephants are often tied to a post when they are young so they don't wander away ...

As the elephants age and obviously get bigger they still believe that they can't escape therefore they don't both trying although they could easily just wander away.

So in my opinion it's a strong symbol for not being aware of the inherent power we as a people have... in other words.. we believe we're still tethered and cannot escape, although being "adult" elephants we have believed something that isn't correct (that we are stuck)

That's my two cents..

and YES the lyrics are important and do go with the video, but you'd have to understand certain symbols and words for it to make much sense.

edit:

and if you notice WHERE the elephant seems to be stuck.. in front of what appears to be an institutional building, or what could be seen as a government building.
edit on 5/30/2012 by PuRe EnErGy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm amazed that anyone patronizes such a rabid racist.

He isn't worth the time.
edit on 5/30/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: GRAMMAR

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Firstly can I say this song is really $%#@ (no offence to the people who like it).

There doesn't seem to be the usual symbols flashing every 5 seconds in our face.

The video contains more police-state mentality scenarios that you see being played out in mainstream music videos these days.

My question is, how does the title reflect the video, or the lyrics?

I've never liked the diva that is Kanye West...& even though Jay-Z used to be held in high regard in the Hip-Hop world, I've always thought he wasn't as good as people claimed him to be.
edit on 30-5-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

What have they done that is racist?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

making a song called niggas in paris

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

That's what I was thinking about the elephant too. Sort of how its all a mind game when a chihuahua can control a St.Bernard dog if it has a submissive mindset.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

That's an interesting take on it.

I'd have to agree with you about us, the "elephants" who possess such strength & power...

I'm more interested in the title name, however.

'No Church in the wild'...What's that meant to mean?
edit on 30-5-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

However, maybe the elephant is there because it represents us, the wild animal.

I'm more interested in the title name, 'No Church in the wild'...What's that meant to mean?

It means the rules don't exist. Church is morality in this case. Anarchy is here it says... You'll notice some of the lyrics support this idea.
edit on 5/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
They are the worst rappers of all time. Really making a bad name for good musicians out there.

How can you say such thing.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

lol, how is that racist?

Even though I know what you are going to say, but if white people say it it racist so why not black people?.....I don't know, ask societal rules. The same exact rules that deem it alright for a woman to call herself a bitch but then it is seen as misogynistic if a guy does it. Groups tend to take a degrading word and use it as a way to rebel, then tell the oppressing groups they can't use it for mental victory.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The video is romanticizing the notion of a protest in a way that appeals to the mainstream (drugs, sex, violence). The vastly undercuts all the values of what the Occupy protests and uprisings were about. Its just another mass marketing tool to appeal to a new market... how hypocritical.

Any deep meaning is destroyed by the true mission of the artists and the shallow message of the lyrics. What hypocrisy.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Kanye West is a notorious racist. Look him up in the news.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

However, maybe the elephant is there because it represents us, the wild animal.

I'm more interested in the title name, 'No Church in the wild'...What's that meant to mean?

Jesus has been known to say "Why go into the wild/desert?"

Jesus Christ asked a very pointed question to those who had gone out into the wilderness to hear John the Baptist teach. He asked them what they went out to see, a “reed shaken in the wind?”

He was asking whether or not they were paying attention to the words, or just going to see the scenery..

The statement No Church In The Wild could be referring to our current world situation, .. being that people aren't quite paying attention but just "observing" the scenery and not acting on the words/reality ...

Much like the occupy movement type of thing (which seems evident in the video) .. a lot of people going out.. but no one is really paying attention to the words/reality of the situation.. in other words they are going into the wild to see a reed shaking.. (looking at the scenery)

Which is also written.
"So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it."

It is a reference to John The Baptist.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

I'm rather familiar with him and I can't think of anything that he did which would consider make him racist. It seems that you are not hence why you can't name anything.

But this is derailing the thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join