It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction/Time Travel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The Law of Attraction - Your thoughts, dreams, and desires can manifest into reality with strong enough intent. When there's a will there's a way. Just like a magnet, we can pull our desires towards us.

So, with that being said, what if someone really really really really (whoa, that was a lot of really's) really wanted to time travel? With that thought-wave, that desire put out there into the universe, would it ever get returned back into reality? If someone tried to time travel every single day, with tremendous focus on nothing but time-traveling... then is it possible?

Is a real life Hiro Nakamura out there somewhere in the world?...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
If someone tried to time travel every single day, with tremendous focus on nothing but time-traveling... then is it possible?

Only if parallel universes and/or worlds exist. I would think.

Maybe Phage could answer this better, being the science guy he is, but I don't think what you're proposing is possible. Wishful thinking, sure, but not very possible. How could someone go somewhere that is either dead or not even existed yet? Even Aleister Crowley couldn't do that. The law of attraction only applies to people I think.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Yeah you can do it. Just have to be enlightened to the point that time no longer exists in the current form.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The "Law of Attraction" is more a spiritual belief. To try label it with a scientific term of "Law" is misleading when at best it can only be called a "Theory."

I do not subscribe to that belief, although I wish it were the case. If it were a reality, then anything would be possible as long as it were in conjunction with the other laws of the universe.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

No, not anything. Certain things are a no-no.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Thoughts do indeed manifest. But they do so with actions. You can think "I am hungry and want a cheeseburger" which might cause you to drive to Carl Jr's to order a cheeseburger thus what started as a mere thought ended up as a reality. If you thought you were hungry and wanted a cheeseburger but took no action then guess what, no cheeseburger. You cannot skip the action for realization.

These laws of attraction threads are pure wishful thinking. How many people die from starvation? Do you think there is anything on their minds besides eating? How about people losing everything in the '08 housing bust? Should they be consoled with "you just didn't want it bad enough"? How about tsunami victims? Were they all wishing for death, or perhaps there was a group of other people projecting death on their behalf?

Here is a nice video to watch:

One more thing. Time travel will never be possible. What more proof do you need than the fact that we have never seen refuges from the future?

edit on 29-5-2012 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Wow... what a bunch of party poopers...

Does anybody think that a being has time-traveled (or will time travel) somewhere out there in the universe? I say yes, absolutely. So why not humans?...

I think anything is possible in this massively expansive universe...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Nothing exists outside of now.
Your presence equals now.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Do you think someone out there in the universe is time-traveling right now?...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

There is no universe outside of this present experience.
This present experience is presence and there is nothing else.
Anything 'outside' this present experience is happening in mind (the mental realm) presently, so is still happening in presence.
Time only exists in the mental realm.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

If someone tried to time travel every single day, with tremendous focus on nothing but time-traveling... then is it possible?

Only if parallel universes and/or worlds exist. I would think.

Maybe Phage could answer this better, being the science guy he is, but I don't think what you're proposing is possible. Wishful thinking, sure, but not very possible. How could someone go somewhere that is either dead or not even existed yet? Even Aleister Crowley couldn't do that. The law of attraction only applies to people I think.

I don't know this person that you mention - Phage, not the Crowley loser - and I mean no disrespect, but it was SCIENCE that announced categorically that it was not possible to travel at speeds higher than XX kilometers per hour because the body would disintegrate, it was SCIENCE that announced air flight might be possible a million years from 1903 (when that famous announcement was published in the NYT), not to mention many other categoric affirmations that were disproved. And yet they had come from cutting edge "science" of the day.

OP, do you really think that people who may be doing this, or seriously considering it, are likely to be found hanging around this or any other internet forum? Why would they? For what purpose?
To "enlighten" people?
Think again.

edit on 30-5-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Isn't it the other way around? It is the mental realm in which time does not exist, and the physical realm is where time does exist. Waves that crash into the ocean, the Earth's rotation, the orbit of the moon... aren't those all examples of time? (physical)

It seems to me like time-travel would definetly be a lot easier in the mental realm. Sending a thought backward or forward in time, perhaps while dreaming (time doesn't exist in dreams) to either your past or future self, or even a different person, and have them receive the information during their dream.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Anything you can prove so we can really call this "law"?

Or is it just a bit too much wishful thinking and TV?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

OP, do you really think that people who may be doing this, or seriously considering it, are likely to be found hanging around this or any other internet forum? Why would they? For what purpose?
To "enlighten" people?
Think again.

Who said anything about finding a time-traveler on this forum?? I'm simply asking if time-travel can be done...

Read again.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Isn't it the other way around? It is the mental realm in which time does not exist, and the physical realm is where time does exist. Waves that crash into the ocean, the Earth's rotation, the orbit of the moon... aren't those all examples of time? (physical)

It seems to me like time-travel would definetly be a lot easier in the mental realm. Sending a thought backward or forward in time, perhaps while dreaming (time doesn't exist in dreams) to either your past or future self, or even a different person, and have them receive the information during their dream.

There really is only one of you. There is no past self or future self, there is only one self. You may 'think' (mental realm) there is a past and future self, but check it out - you are always here and now.
Waves crash onto the shore now, you cannot see waves crash 5 minutes ago, you can only see with your eyes presently, the eyes and all senses are sensing now.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Think yet AGAIN.

You wouldn't ask opinions on beekeeping from a plumber, would you?
Or vice versa.

Unless the original post really was just a way of killing time, if you forgive the pun.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

"It is the mental realm in which time does not exist, and the physical realm is where time does exist.
It seems to me like time-travel would definetly be a lot easier in the mental realm."

These two sentences contradict each other.

Time travel can only exist in the mental realm because the mental realm is the only place that time is imagined to be true.
In this moment the mind 'thinks' of tomorrow but no one has ever experience tomorrow because tomorrow never comes.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra
reply to post by Nurelic

Think yet AGAIN.

You wouldn't ask opinions on beekeeping from a plumber, would you?
Or vice versa.

Unless the original post really was just a way of killing time, if you forgive the pun.

You don't have to be a time-traveler to have opinions and send posts about time travel.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Can you tell me why you say that time does not exist in dreams. What brings you to this conclusion?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Waves crash onto the shore now, you cannot see waves crash 5 minutes ago, you can only see with your eyes presently, the eyes and all senses are sensing now.

A person stands on the shore, dry as a bone. A wave wipes the person off their feet and gets completely soaked in the process. Now 5 minutes goes by, yet the effect of the wave that happened 5 minutes ago are still visible as the person is still soaked.

The now is constantly changing because of time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join