It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction/Time Travel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Now always looks different.
However 'you' cannot escape now.
Five minutes ago is a 'story' (in the mental realm), whereas now is true. Stories appear presently. Everything appears presently.
IT is all happening presently and you are not separate from the happening.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Nurelic

Can you tell me why you say that time does not exist in dreams. What brings you to this conclusion?

Dreams have to do with the sub-conscious mind. The sub-conscious mind has no concept of time.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic

reply to post by Nurelic

Can you tell me why you say that time does not exist in dreams. What brings you to this conclusion?

Dreams have to do with the sub-conscious mind. The sub-conscious mind has no concept of time.

Concept of time???
Exactly, time is a concept, an idea and ideas are formed in the mind.
Everything outside of what you are sensing (hearing, tasting, touching, seeing, smelling) is formed in the mind.
The form that is formed in the mind is strangely believed as true by humans and that is why humans are lost and confused. They believe what is not true. Only this moment is true.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The sub-conscious mind has no concept of time but the conscious mind does because it is connected to the physical body. Physical = 3rd Dimension = Time

Let me ask you this... Why is the now always changing? You said the now always looks different. Why does it always look different?
edit on 30-5-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

The 'mind' in any form can only appear presently. Sub conscious mind and conscious mind, what is the difference?
'This' isness that is appearing now always looks different but it does not mean time exists, time is outside now but there is nothing outside 'this' isness. The fact that 'this/now' always looks different is miraculous.

You 'think' time now.
No one has ever experienced 'past' or 'future'.

Go to 1.47 on this video for more clarification;
youtu.be...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

It is only humans that believe in time. The human mind wants more so invents time so it can continue.
The human mind carries the identity of itself from the imagined past into an imagined future. However 'you' can only ever see and experience now.
Even if you believed you had invented a time machine, you would step in it now and then when you got to your destination you would step out and it would be still be now in your experience.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The sub-conscious mind has no concept of time but the conscious mind does because it is connected to the physical body. Physical = 3rd Dimension = Time

Let me ask you this... Why is the now always changing? You said the now always looks different. Why does it always look different?
edit on 30-5-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

The physical is appearing now, look around you, look down at the body, in your experience it is here and now always.
If this were not the case why are you asking 'if' time travel is possible? The question implies that it has not be done.
The mind and the body are experienced now. The mind imagines (makes images) of things that are not present (that are not here presently) and then believes the images that it has imagined.
This right here and right now is all that can ever be known.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Nurelic

Nothing exists outside of now.
Your presence equals now.

This reminds me of this interview from the web bot creator on a indie radio program he did. About 12-13 minutes in he starts to explain some ideas about the universe and time and space and reality that I never considered before.

link to video

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

I like the bit that says 'Material reality cannot exist according to the atomic model'.

Emptiness is form.
youtu.be...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Templeton

These laws of attraction threads are pure wishful thinking. How many people die from starvation? Do you think there is anything on their minds besides eating? How about people losing everything in the '08 housing bust? Should they be consoled with "you just didn't want it bad enough"? How about tsunami victims? Were they all wishing for death, or perhaps there was a group of other people projecting death on their behalf?

You and the narrator of your video really don't understand anything about how the Law of Attraction works do you. Let me guess, you bought a copy of 'The Secret and never got your condo in Malibu? It is not as simplistic as 'think happy thoughts and your starving refugee will get a cheeseburger'.

The mind effects reality in ways you cannot conceive. Indeed it is only through your mind that reality is conceived therefore through your own mind you can create your own reality.

The Law of Attraction has been around for centuries in one form or another. To make it work you it takes a focused and disciplined mind and you must know that the action you desire is already hppening. This is probably far beyond the capabilities of a starving refugee fleeing from a civil war.

I myself have completely turned my life around in ways which an outside observer would almost view as being almost 'magical' due to the specific state of thinking required to make the law of attraction work.

One more thing. Time travel will never be possible. What more proof do you need than the fact that we have never seen refuges from the future?

You also don't seem to know much about science.

Time travel into the future has already been shown to bepossibly through the concept of Time Dilation and this has been proven using experiments with atomic clocks on satellites.

Some scientists do doubt that backwards time travel could happen but many other theoretical physicists have proposed ways which this may be possible which cannot be disproved, especially as we know so little about how the universe really works.

Any civilisation living in the future with technology capable of backwards time travel would I assume also have the technology to ensure that we do not know anything of their presence.
edit on 30/5/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Time travel would continuously create ripples or forks in the wave of time. Thus, parallel earths and time lines would result repeatedly. I would think that there are some built in safe guards to prevent this from occurring.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Time travel would continuously create ripples or forks in the wave of time. Thus, parallel earths and time lines would result repeatedly. I would think that there are some built in safe guards to prevent this from occurring.

The multiverse of time and space are local to one another for infinitely varied timelines, time travel within the same time line is incredibly difficult and occurs only for end-universe civilizations. For the rest it is essentially moving between time lines with near identical circumstances at various states of time progression. Multi-verse theory and the manipulation of the traveler that results in the already occurring parallel reality is what would occur. Past, Present and Future are already determined in each reality with the traveler being at the point of iteration via the travel between dimensions and subsequent deviation of the cloned reality.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Law of Attraction does indeed work, I know that.

However the question of asking the Law of Attraction to allow you to Time Travel is a strange one.

To attract something, we must understand it. We understand the situation, and the result of what would happen from desiring said object (ie. wanting a fast sports car will result in you driving fast in a sports car). What can you ask for Time Travel to be generated?

We don't even know how Time Travel is supposed to work, so how can we possibly desire it using the method of law of attraction? Surely any manifestation would be based on illusions made up inside our head?

FWIW, Time Travel does indeed exist...but not in our 3rd Dimension. Because the concept of "time" doesn't really exist, all that's left is travel...and yes you can travel when you're in a higher dimension. Quite simple really.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Law of attraction is nothing more than a unproven belief anyways.
Plenty of people have tried it with open mind and failed as well.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Templeton

First; the narrator of the video is Barbara Ehrenreich, she has a Wikipedia page. She is pretty cool.

You seem to be arguing my statement that thoughts require action to manifest, but all of your examples show otherwise. I agree that changing your thinking will impact your life. I think we have differing opinions on cause and affect (did thinking positive cause the promotion, or did thinking positive cause you to change your attitude which caused the promotion).

In regard to time travel. If it were to happen then it would happen basically in all time at once since there would now be an infinite amount of time for someone to have at least visited in this moment. And since that is clearly not the case it means it will never happen. But if I flatter the idea and ignore the glaring contradiction then I would say that, yes, we might actually acquire the means to do it. But we would need to develop the technology.

On time; my relationship with time is that it is the merging point of left/right. On the left we have a path where all things are possible, a dream. On the right we have a static path, a memory.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I really have no idea if that is possible... But it might be... Or might not be...

I do have a question for all those folks who say such things as... " No, it's not possible..." " It could never happen..."

On what do you base this belief?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by Nurelic

Law of attraction is nothing more than a unproven belief anyways.
Plenty of people have tried it with open mind and failed as well.

Have you ever played with Magnets? Have you ever researched into what everything in the universe is made of? If you had, you'd discover we're all made up of atoms that attract and repel each other. With that said, most of us are so tuned into the 3rd dimension, we're locked away from everything that matters most, but the Law of Attraction is most definitely real!

It isn't simply a case of "clearing your head" and "wanting" X scenario to arise. You've got to "know" its really going to happen, and most of us can't get our heads around this concept.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
We can imagine time travel being discovered 'in the future,' But 'once' time travel is discovered, time will in a sense no longer have any meaning, but in another sense never have had any meaning. The entire idea of 'past' and 'future' in a linear sense will have no meaning, and that means that if this happens 'in the future,' it already has happened, for we are in the meaningless past of that event that obliterated the meaning of time.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Time travel into the future has already been shown to bepossibly through the concept of Time Dilation and this has been proven using experiments with atomic clocks on satellites. Some scientists do doubt that backwards time travel could happen but many other theoretical physicists have proposed ways which this may be possible which cannot be disproved, especially as we know so little about how the universe really works. Any civilisation living in the future with technology capable of backwards time travel would I assume also have the technology to ensure that we do not know anything of their presence.

I think that when you can travel back in time your scope for being places is even less limited than in the unlimited confines of space as we know it. If you travel back in time where we are now is infinitely negligible. It's that much more unlikely we'd attract any attention then it is now from Aliens.

That said, I have a theory. Imagine that the ancients as we know them have slightly advanced tech and spiritual evolution. If you look at some ancient scriptures their tech isn't that far ahead of us now. This gives me the impression it's possible that people from our not too distant future already went back into time. Eg. Krishna was fighting a nuclear war, about 10,000 years ago.

Oh, and they are our so called Aliens

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Prayer is based on law of attraction.

God may I have a new car.>> If you believe you will have a car, you will but can you handle it? Not likely
God, may this person suffer. >> If you believe, yes, and this more likely as you already suffer and know how to, but you will suffer more to learn the fate you directed. (Witches say it comes back 4 fold)
God, May the world have peace. >> you will learn that peace is a meaningless concept
God, teach me how to restate the question a way my whole being will resonate with... now you are getting somewhere.

That's why we need each other. We are hopeless on our own. When we share our experiences we grow, but also WE create OUR reality ourselves. Our reality has no meaning to anything else. Every atom is alive.

You need to be purely selfless to understand the way the universe unfolds and you need to have pure courage to make your intentions manifest in a deliberate fashion, or you just let it all ride and be the observer.

If you're practicing the law of attraction, the person you consider to be YOU does nothing because your being will manifest reality before your eyes but your mind follows on behind, basically you are in 'the zone'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join