It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wills120

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Germanicus

If you do not care about guns... why post in a thread that doesn't concern you?

Hmmm?

I think you care just a touch more than you let on.
edit on 30-5-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

...I prefer a fist fight. There is no honour in shooting a person if you are not at war. I would rather die...

A criminal would be happy to have that advantage over you.

A criminal has no honour. They are also cowards.

I do have honour. And I am no coward.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If calling you out on your BS is insulting you then I'm sorry maybe you need to toughen up a bit. Simply pointing out the flaws in your logic is not insulting you. Get a grip. Yes there is anti-US sentiment in the world. Where have I ever denied it?

Never, in the meantime this story is about China calling the kettle black about Americans owning firearms with regards to human rights violations.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

"I prefer a fist fight" you say? I prefer not to fight at all, I'm an adult and I try to be reasonable & prudent in my dealings with others, If I'm in a situation where I have to fight, that means that my wife & kids must be in danger, If that's the case, I'm ending the threat in a most violent and expeditious manner with 230gr of diplomacy.
edit on 30-5-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Tazkven

Edit- calling me a moron is not. And I strongly disagree

edit on 30-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Hey, not once did I type the "M" word .. believe that was you

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The rest of the world cares what you do because your Imperialism hurts us all. Its annoying that many Americans cannot or will not see that.

Yeah but most countries take our foreign aid readily enough.
Or when there's a disaster who's usually the first country to send help?

It's annoying that everyone complains about america but when the crap hits the fan who's usually the first to offer aid?

It's annoying that others in the world cannot see or will not see that.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

China is one of the largest countries with human right's abuses, not saying the U.S. is exempt. But surely the record shows what can happen to an unarmed population when they have no means to defend themselves against would be aggressors.

IMO the opinion of China doesn't carry much clout. Just have a look at Tibet where the Universal Declaration of Human Rights including the rights to self-determination, freedom of speech, assembly, movement, expression and travel are revoked or limited.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-5-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

Well consider that the US is NOT a signatory, I find your opinion hypocritical ....... pot calling the kettle black, hmmmmm!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

If calling you out on your BS is insulting you then I'm sorry maybe you need to toughen up a bit. Simply pointing out the flaws in your logic is not insulting you. Get a grip. Yes there is anti-US sentiment in the world. Where have I ever denied it?

Never, in the meantime this story is about China calling the kettle black about Americans owning firearms with regards to human rights violations.

maybe you should toughen up alot. When did I belittle people again? You seemed very upset by that. There there..
And you are not correct. You have an opinion. So do I. We will have to agree to disagree wont we? Because I think that the nonsense that spews from you is beyond bs.

And America knows all about the pot calling the kettle black dont they?

edit- a rude smiley. That is telling

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

reply to post by Tazkven

I said you linked the opinion of a moron. I did not mean you. Yet you seemed to impy that I was a moron.
Thats cool though
I dont hold grudges.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Americans will fist fight you... Oh yes... We won't just shoot you for no reason....

You see, that's just not true, is it? Americans love shooting people for no reason, it's in their character.

Mai Lai Massacre.

The My Lai Massacre (was the Vietnam War mass murder of between 347 and 504 unarmed civilians in South Vietnam on March 16, 1968, by United States Army soldiers of "Charlie" Company of 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Brigade of the Americal Division. Most of the victims were women, children, infants, and elderly people. Some of the bodies were later found to be mutilated[2] and many women allegedly raped prior to the killings.

No Gun Ri Massacre

The No Gun Ri Massacre refers to an incident of mass killing of undetermined numbers of South Korean refugees conducted by U.S. Army forces of the 7th Cavalry Regiment (and in a U.S. air attack) between 26 July and 29 July 1950 at a railroad bridge near the village of No Gun Ri, 100 miles (160 km) southeast of Seoul. In 2005, the South Korean government certified the names of 163 dead or missing (mostly women, children and old men) and 55 wounded. It said many other victims' names were not reported.[38] Over the years survivors' estimates of the dead have ranged from 300 to 500.

Haditha Massacre

The Haditha killings (also called the Haditha incident or the Haditha massacre) refers to the incident in which 24 unarmed Iraqi men, women and children were killed by a group of United States Marines on November 19, 2005 in Haditha, a city in the western Iraqi province of Al Anbar. All those killed were civilians[1]. The dead included several children and elderly people, who were shot multiple times at close range while unarmed. It has been alleged that the killings were retribution for the attack on a convoy of Marines with an improvised explosive device that killed Lance Corporal Miguel Terrazas. Many news reports have compared the incident to the My Lai massacre.

Mukaradeeb Wedding Massacre

The Mukaradeeb wedding party massacre[1][2] refers to the American shooting and bombing of a wedding party in Mukaradeeb, a small village in Iraq near the border with Syria, on 19 May 2004. 42 civilians were killed.

Mahmudiyah Killings and Rape

The Mahmudiyah killings and gang-rape of a 14-year-old girl by U.S. troops occurred on March 12, 2006, in a house to the southwest of Yusufiyah, a village to the west of the town of Al-Mahmudiyah, Iraq. Five United States Army soldiers of the 502nd Infantry Regiment were charged with the crimes: (i) Sgt. Paul E. Cortez, (ii) Spc. James P. Barker, (iii) Pfc. Jesse V. Spielman, (iv) Pfc. Brian L. Howard and (v) Pfc. Steven D. Green (whom the army discharged before the crime's discovery). Abeer Qasim Hamza, 14, was raped and murdered, after her family was murdered: her mother, Fakhriyah Taha Muhsin, 34; father, Qasim Hamza Raheem, 45; and six-year-old sister Hadeel Qasim Hamza

No say nothing of your use of Agent Orange against civilians, or the illegal shooting down of Iran Air flight 655

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

The Agents of Orange and Priests of Hiroshima will not like that

What other Western Nation cares about guns? It is safer without them. If Americans were not so afraid they could compare some statistics and see that for themselves.

America has the most gun-related crime and deaths by a long shot.

Its pretty simple stuff.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Since we are talking about China and massacres. Pot Calling the Kettle black....

A century of genocides

The Chinese cultural revolution caused the death of 30 million people (source: the current Chinese government), but many died of hunger.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

China is one of the largest countries with human right's abuses, not saying the U.S. is exempt. But surely the record shows what can happen to an unarmed population when they have no means to defend themselves against would be aggressors.

IMO the opinion of China doesn't carry much clout. Just have a look at Tibet where the Universal Declaration of Human Rights including the rights to self-determination, freedom of speech, assembly, movement, expression and travel are revoked or limited.

Iwww.examiner.com/article/china-condemns-u-s-gun-ownership-as-human-rights-violation]www.examiner.com[/url]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-5-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

It's no wonder that Pelosi, Boxer, Frank, Dodd, Nappalitano, Holder and Obama are against the Second Amendment. They have the same mindset as the Chi-Comms. After all, birds of a feather, fly together.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

reply to post by Tazkven

I said you linked the opinion of a moron. I did not mean you. Yet you seemed to impy that I was a moron.
Thats cool though
I dont hold grudges.

I know bro, you don't seem the type who would, with promising to destroy me and all

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Citybig

Since we are talking about China and massacres. Pot Calling the Kettle black....

A century of genocides

The Chinese cultural revolution caused the death of 30 million people (source: the current Chinese government), but many died of hunger.

I think the number of people who have died as a result of the US replacing their democratically elected governments with brutal pro US dictators could easily reach and exceed the 30,000,000 who died in the cultural revolution. Start with your own back garden and count the numbers who have died in the numerous South American drug wars and revolutions you have fuelled and created.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The thing is.. We live in completely different societies.. The 2nd Amendment exists so that we may be able to defend ourselves against our own government where they to attempt to dominate us...

Let's just say we like to keep tradition alive..

On that note.. It's fine that Australia doesn't want guns... I can respect that as long as you can respect that we do...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

UK = Pot calling the Kettle black.....

Unless you deny your country's own history.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

You can find examples of that with about any country. List the other countries as well or you are being Biased. And that also results from poor command and control of their troops as well as other factors.Some of that stuff was un sanctioned too meaning illegal and should be considered a personal crime not as the Whole US military or america itself. One does not constitute all

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

was china able to say this with a straight face?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by Citybig

You can find examples of that with about any country. List the other countries as well or you are being Biased. And that also results from poor command and control of their troops as well as other factors.Some of that stuff was un sanctioned too meaning illegal and should be considered a personal crime not as the Whole US military or america itself. One does not constitute all

Absolutely, I am being extremely biased. I don't care what other countries do.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

LOL!!!

Judging by this thread... yes.. yes you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join