It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Prisoners Tried By Occupiers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
yeah, there's a real UNBIASED source....

"The Pentagon announced Saturday, April 19, that American military tribunals were set up in Iraq to try Iraqi PoWs"

So, is there another, reputable and less biased site claiming this same "announcement"? Besides, do you honestly believe we would try 6000+ war criminals? You obviously have far more confidence in the military judicial efficiency than I do....

More likely, this statement refers to senior officials (who are also POWs) who will be tried for war crimes....not ALL of the POWs...LOL!!!
You have to read between the lines...of ANY press...

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
yeah, there's a real UNBIASED source....

"The Pentagon announced Saturday, April 19, that American military tribunals were set up in Iraq to try Iraqi PoWs"

So, is there another, reputable and less biased site claiming this same "announcement"? Besides, do you honestly believe we would try 6000+ war criminals? You obviously have far more confidence in the military judicial efficiency than I do....

More likely, this statement refers to senior officials (who are also POWs) who will be tried for war crimes....not ALL of the POWs...LOL!!!
You have to read between the lines...of ANY press...

Actually, I was more concerned with the fact America mistreats it's POWs and doesn't follow the guide lines of the Geneva Convention. I probably should have made that clear.

There is a picture of men in their underwear with their arms tied behind their backs. American POWs were treated fine by the Iraqi's. I have also seen video of American soldiers duct taping the faces of Iraqi's and putting bags over their heads. This is torture, evil, disgusting and wrong.

But with America it's always been double standards all the way down the line.

[Edited on 21-4-2003 by Info]

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i never really did understand the whole bag on the head thing. i do know that we bound our detainees, and we tie their hands and legs sometimes and stuff. but now it's getting dumb. hasn't anyone heard of handcuffs before? hasn't it occured to the feddies that even if they did know where they were that knowledge would do much good to anyone? if they knew where they were, it's not like they could send out a signal or something. jeez. war is pointless.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
is to protect their identities, in accordance with Geneva conventions, when reporters are around snapping pictures. As for handcuffs...you usually don't go out in the field with 500 pairs of handcuffs....so you improvise. You can't exactly have these 500 guys be loose after surrendering to your 50 man unit...so yeah, they're duct-tapped or strapped, etc. As for the underwear bit, most of them likely disrobed (not wanting to be identified as Iraqi Army) but were then captured before fleeing home. The underwear clad ones are the exception, not the rule. Besides, if a prisoner has already tried to escape, attack his captors, etc., it might be necessary to make sure he isn't secretting weapons somewhere....

Think about the factors involved, before being outraged...

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
"There is a picture of men in their underwear with their arms tied behind their backs. American POWs were treated fine by the Iraqi's. I have also seen video of American soldiers duct taping the faces of Iraqi's and putting bags over their heads. This is torture, evil, disgusting and wrong."

Oh my god!
American POWs were treated fine????
Shot in the head execution style is fine??? But putting bags over heads is torture??
Apparently sanity is being thrown out the window here.

As far as the underwear goes, that is how they received them. Apparently you didn't watch the war very well. It was shown on national television, Iraqi soldiers surrendering in just underclothing.

Info, are you actually that Moku guy in disguise?

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
is to protect their identities, in accordance with Geneva conventions, when reporters are around snapping pictures.

As for the underwear bit, most of them likely disrobed (not wanting to be identified as Iraqi Army) but were then captured before fleeing home.

Sure and the duct tape is also to protect their identities.

You're are liar and you can go back to hell from which you were conceived. It amazes me that someone can lie as you do. You have no conscience. I feel sorry for anyone who could honestly believe the lies and filth you spew.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Iraqis treated our POWs fine?!
Well if you call being beaten and executed fine,well then I guess the wern't miss treated.

I guess the US giving them 3 squares a day,water the right to pray,medical treatment is really abusive.
Yes I'am laying the sarcasim on pretty thick.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark

American POWs were treated fine????
Shot in the head execution style is fine???

No American POWs were shot in the head execution style.

This is a lie. Just more propaganda for sheople like you to believe cause you aren't capable of doing any logical thinking for yourself.

This was a war you know, people do get shot in the head.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
The Iraqis treated our POWs fine?!
Well if you call being beaten and

They were beaten, are you so sure? The POWs came home in great health. They are fine, they weren't beaten or executed. So, please pay more attention and stay up to date.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, yes, they were assaulted, kicked after they surrendered.

The difference between our POW's and thiers: they only had to look after seven, and had jail like facilities to keep them in. WE, on the other hand, have thousands to track and watch, with no jail facilities, just make shift camps. bad planning on our part, knowing past behavior of Iraqis, we should have had better facilities to accomidate mass surrenders. Its alot harder to tailor to every need that many people. Alot easier to take care of only seven.

As for the duct tape? Well, lemme think. Alot of possibilities there. We dont know why they were duct taped. Could be many reasons. Everything is not always as it appears.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Well, yes, they were assaulted, kicked after they surrendered.

Sure they were. Liar!

As for the duct tape? Well, lemme think. Alot of possibilities there. We dont know why they were duct taped. Could be many reasons. Everything is not always as it appears.

How funny, have you just made a new account? Are you playing double evil agent on us?

*laugh*

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Info only watches Arab media. Oh and he also believes the Iraqi Information Minister. LOL

Get a freakin clue Idiot!!

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Info only watches Arab media. Oh and he also believes the Iraqi Information Minister. LOL

Get a freakin clue Idiot!!

Actually, the faces being duct taped and heads being covered was viewed well watching CNN.

As for your comedic outlook, don't quit your day job.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Do you trust CNN after what was recently disclosed about them?

Or was that a big lie? LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Do you trust CNN after what was recently disclosed about them?

Or was that a big lie? LOL

Excuse me Mini Mind, there wasn't an issue with trust. It was video shot of American soldiers duct taping and head bagging Iraqi's. It is just a plain simple fact and there were many videos of such action taking place.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I didn't know mental hospitals provided internet access to their patients.

Please, stop the insanity. LOL

Maybe you're the soldier that launched the grenade attack on his fellow soldiers. I believe his quote was "there just going to rape the women and kill the children."

I have a question for you since you know all. Is the Santa Claus a real person or a lie? Going by your previous posts, you would think that you have visited the North Pole and banged Mrs. Claus.

Really, at some point you have to come down to planet Earth and accept reality.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I didn't know mental hospitals provided internet access to their patients.

Please, stop the insanity. LOL

Maybe you're the soldier that launched the grenade attack on his fellow soldiers. I believe his quote was "there just going to rape the women and kill the children."

I have a question for you since you know all. Is the Santa Claus a real person or a lie? Going by your previous posts, you would think that you have visited the North Pole and banged Mrs. Claus.

Really, at some point you have to come down to planet Earth and accept reality.

Ok, I vote to impose an age verification system for the ATS forums.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You joined this discussion forum just 4 days ago. I'm not sure you get to vote.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
BAGHDAD, April 21 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) - Nearly 1,000 political prisoners lie buried in secret graves at a cemetery on the western outskirts of Baghdad, the cemetery's manager and a gravedigger said Monday, April 21.

"The Baath regime has gone and now we can talk freely with you," Mohymeed Aswad told Agence France-Presse (AFP), while displaying remains of the corpses.

"They are all political. Ten to 15 bodies would arrive at a time from the Abu Ghraib prison and we would bury them here," he said, adding that the last corpse interred there was number 993.

Mohammad Moshan Mohammad, gravedigger at the Al-Qarah cemetery located about 30 kilometres (18 miles) from central Baghdad and about two kilometers (1.3 miles) from the prison, said much of his work involved political prisoners.

He said all the dead that arrived during the last three years he worked at the cemetery were aged between 15 and 30, men and women who had been shot or hanged.

"They were all youths. The civilians were hanged. Sometimes a soldier would come through and they were all shot. I could distinguish them by their uniforms," he said through an interpreter.

Unidentified Corpses

However, there are no names at the grave sites which occupy three acres of land and are fenced off by a six-foot (nearly two-meter) high wall. Instead most graves are marked with a steel stake and a piece of rusting tin bearing a number.

"This grave belongs to a woman. She was hanged," Mohammad told AFP, pointing to number 952.

"The last body, number 993 was brought in by secret police, he was hanged.

"There are another five cemeteries in Baghdad with secret grave sites so in this city alone there are about 6,000 (political) corpses. In every cemetery in Baghdad you'll find the same."

The cemetery was originally built in 1973 and Mohymeed has worked here ever since. The remains of Rada, the wife of Iraq's first president Ahmad Hasan al-Bakar, are interred in an opulent mausoleum.

Other graves with marble headstones offer a stark contrast to the shallow pits reserved for the inmates of Abu Ghraib. Skeletons have been dug up by stray animals, some graves are completely unmarked.

---------------------------------------------------

Why is it that such things actually happened but were never reported till now?

Who is responsible for reporting the truth in Iraq or for that matter in the Arab countries?

Is it that all Arab countries do the same thing??

And why are you not more concerned about these issues, do you feel some justification exist for this?

Do you feel the Arab press is justified in not reporting these clear facts of atrocities in Iraq? If so why?

There are another five cemeteries in Baghdad with secret grave sites so in this city alone there are about 6,000 (political) corpses. In every cemetery in Baghdad you'll find the same."

What does this mean in respect to the rest of the country of Iraq with regards to this matter?

What could it mean with regards to all the Arab?
Nations?

Why is it that to you using duct tape for the purpose of restraint seems more important to you than this?

Here is the link to the article�..

Islam Online-News Section

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join