It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Prisoners Tried By Occupiers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Info

Putting bags on their heads is standard and not a breach of geneva. It's for everyones protection and is not harmful at all. Keep in mind these are ventalated bags, not solid plastic bags. This might be where you are misunderstanding. Nothing inhumane about it at all. Many of the soldiers took off their cloths for fear of being killed. I don';t know about the duct tape thing, probably a misunderstanding. I don't see any logic in someone duct taping someones head. You sure you don't mean they were duct taping the bag on?

Also, dissagreeing with something does not automatically make it a lie. Let's see a link to an article about the duct taping to clear any misunderstandings.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
"You're are liar and you can go back to hell from which you were conceived. It amazes me that someone can lie as you do. You have no conscience. I feel sorry for anyone who could honestly believe the lies and filth you spew."

I did not personally attack you, I would appreciate the same courtesy. Feel free to dispute my explainations, or disagree with my position, but there is no need for petty name calling here. Indeed, it does nothing but damage your credibility. You'll not get a like response from me, as I will not stoop to such a level...

I saw no examples of heads being duct-taped, either, so if you have a link, I'd be happy to look at it. I don't know if you saw the footage of the "executed" US POWs...but many had gunshots square in their foreheads. The odds of this happening to such a percentage, in combat, are truly staggering, and are likely worse odds than me winning the lotto.

"they weren't beaten or executed"

I suppose Jessica got her legs and ribs broken getting out of the truck to surrender?

[Edited on 22-4-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noone
Info

Putting bags on their heads is standard and not a breach of geneva. It's for everyones protection and is not harmful at all. Keep in mind these are ventalated bags, not solid plastic bags.

What about duct taping there mouths? I have an idea, duct tape your mouth and put a bag over your head and tie you arms behind your back. Now go sit in 90 degree weather.

Maybe you will feel a little different after.

As for a link, the video of the mouths taped and heads bagged was viewed well watching CNN. If I could provide a link I would. I saw what I saw.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Info, why haven't you responded to Toltec's or Gazrok's posts?

I'm anxious to hear how you refute this. Are they all lies?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That sounds more plausible... Gagging a prisoner? My god, how inhumane....

" have an idea, duct tape your mouth and put a bag over your head and tie you arms behind your back. Now go sit in 90 degree weather."

Nobody ever said that being a POW was peaches and cream....
I'm sure there were reasons for gagging and I'm sure they weren't on long. Even police do this on unruly convicts. We gave them food, shelter, medical treatment, etc. They gave some of our POWs broken bones, or a shot in the forehead... I'm really having trouble finding sympathy for their "plight" here....

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I saw no examples of heads being duct-taped, either, so if you have a link, I'd be happy to look at it.

I will repeat this again, I viewed face taping and head bagging well watching CNN.

I don't know if you saw the footage of the "executed" US POWs...but many had gunshots square in their foreheads.

Stop it. Did you have access to the videos cause they never showed this on any of the American news networks with sure shots of what you speak of.

Sure, I saw dead Americans. I didn't see many with bullet holes in the foreheads as you claim.

Anyway, weren't the seven recent POWs that arrived home with the same unit as the other men lying dead on the floor? Yes, they were. Don't you think the POWs would have already said something if there was something to say in regards to executions? Well then.

"they weren't beaten or executed"

I suppose Jessica got her legs and ribs broken getting out of the truck to surrender?

Stop it. Don't ASSume anything. You should know better.

Females are fragile creatures and she was a very thin girl to begin with. Anything could have happened to her.

While watching CNN while the war was being fought, they had special guest speakers which happened to be POWs from the Gulf War. There was a woman who has almost the same injuries as Jessica Lynch. All she had were nice things to say. She said the Iraqi physician that worked on her broken legs and broken arm was great and that she was treated fine. She never said she had the stuffing kicked out of her.

As for Jessica, if you believe the media doesn't make stuff up. Why don't you ask yourself how the stab wounds and gun shots that Jessica was claimed to have at the beginning were never found on her body.

Hmm?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   

That sounds more plausible... Gagging a prisoner? My god, how inhumane....

Yes it is inhumane. Humans shouldn't even be fighting amongst each other, they are supposed to rise above the animal kingdom.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"Did you have access to the videos cause they never showed this on any of the American news networks with sure shots of what you speak of."

The video footage was on Al-Jazeera. I will admit, that it could have been propaganda on the part of US intelligence sources,...as the forehead shots could have been just dark bloodspots on the forehead, but it seems unlikely that that kind of a bloodspot would be on more than one body...possible, but unlikely.

"I will repeat this again, I viewed face taping and head bagging well watching CNN."

I will agree that "face taping" would be inhumane, if you're talking about taping over eyes, etc. If instead you are just talking about taping their mouths shut, then no, I don't feel that as excessive...nor would I be outraged if they did likewise to our POWs...

As for Jessicas broken bones...sure, there could be other possibilities...but given the circumstances of this units capture, it seems extremely unlikely that these injuries would be the result of this encounter. Bottom line on this, and the above, is that until they are allowed to speak of specifics, we won't know....

I'll repeat again though, taping a mouth shut and putting a bag over the head, is hardly considered by most "inhumane" treatment of a POW...and we aren't going to put 6000+ POWs on trial.

I'd suggest instead, that you examine the thread about how Saddam was doing his routine weekly mass executions right up until the war...before you nominate him for Man of the Year...

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'd suggest instead, that you examine the thread about how Saddam was doing his routine weekly mass executions right up until the war...before you nominate him for Man of the Year...

That's cute. But this has nothing to do with Saddam, it has to do with right and wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I can tell you feel it's wrong to gag prisoners, or bag their heads to protect their identities. So noted...

Just out of curiousity though....how would you, as a soldier, deal with a POW who was doing nothing but inciting other prisoners to kill you, his captor, how would you keep his arms bound, and how would you protect his identity from the reporters all around? This isn't a retort, I seriously want to hear the answers to these questions.... Thanks.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Just out of curiousity though....how would you, as a soldier, deal with a POW who was doing nothing but inciting other prisoners to kill you, his captor, how would you keep his arms bound, and how would you protect his identity from the reporters all around? This isn't a retort, I seriously want to hear the answers to these questions.... Thanks.

You keep missing the point of their mouths being taped up. Why would they tape their mouths up? Do you honestly think they could coordinate an attack with their arms tied up and bags over their heads? That would be a pretty pathetic attack.

As for their identities, I don't think they care about their identities. Lemme ask you something, would you rather have no tape or bag over your head like the Americans or would you rather be taped and bagged? Instead of bags I'm sure if the bags are actually there to protect identities which I don't, a mask would be acceptable.

And as for how I would treat my POWs. I am a Thanksgiving kind of guy. I think you understand what that means.

*edit*

G.I. JOE Masks would probably work wonderfully.

[Edited on 22-4-2003 by Info]

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hehe...maybe a gross of them should be standard equipment to each unit?
Unfortunately, I doubt our GIs had such equipment with them... However, a GI JOE mask could fall under the terms of holding them up to public curiousity, etc. also....

Something tells me, if I were a POW who was being quiet, and following the directions of my captors, I wouldn't have to worry about duct tape over my mouth...

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, the Iraqi that notified forces of Jessica Lynch stated that they were beating her.

Let me understand something here, Saddam's people torture their own people but when they get a US soldier, they suddenly become humane and follow the Geneva conventions???

Wasn't it the Information minister that said they were following the Geneva rules? If that is the case, it pretty much says that they weren't following them. Right??

I'm sorry, I can't believe that this has to be debated. I seriously question a person's sanity if they can't understand this.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hehe...maybe a gross of them should be standard equipment to each unit?
Unfortunately, I doubt our GIs had such equipment with them... However, a GI JOE mask could fall under the terms of holding them up to public curiousity, etc. also....

I was just kidding around but yes, in all actuality they would be harmless and funny at the same time. A little humiliating, just a little.

Something tells me, if I were a POW who was being quiet, and following the directions of my captors, I wouldn't have to worry about duct tape over my mouth...

I really hope the men I saw were just loud mouths, but I don't believe they were. Some of them looked like really old men.

By the looks of Camp X-Ray, I just have the feeling they weren't mouthing off.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
I'm sorry, I can't believe that this has to be debated. I seriously question a person's sanity if they can't understand this.

Luckily people like you aren't running things, if they were, everyone who questioned authority would be considered insane.

*Edit*

If you choose to live in black & white, that's fine, but don't get mad when others choose to analyze the different shades of gray.

You have a lot to learn.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"If I remember correctly, the Iraqi that notified forces of Jessica Lynch stated that they were beating her"

You remember correctly...
It was an Iraqi doctor, and it was the image of them beating her (according to him) that made him act on it....

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   

"If I remember correctly, the Iraqi that notified forces of Jessica Lynch stated that they were beating her"

You remember correctly...
It was an Iraqi doctor, and it was the image of them beating her (according to him) that made him act on it....

Yes, I remember. They said it was an Iraqi "Lawyer" not a doctor who reported her location. I say though it was an Iraqi doctor who reported her in do to the fact they didn't know what to do with her.

And the beating her thing was blown out of proportion just as everything is. Sure, she got smacked in the face a couple times to try and wake her up. They didn't know what was wrong with her.

The spin never stops. Sometimes you need to think for yourself, if you continue down this road you will be treated as cattle till the day you die.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
INFO, U brain fried twinkie.......

So what if thier mouths were taped off....who the hell cares? Oh my god....thats sooooo inhumane. No, whats inhumane is taping thier asses shut so they cant crap.

Oh well. If thier mouths were taped shut, i can surmise:

A. To prevent communication between prisoners, which is standard proceedure, to prevent them from coordinating an escape.
B. to shut them the hell up. If they were mouthing off, or not being quiet, Id duct tape them too. They are prisoners of War, not diplomatic guests.

Ohhhhh......U saw it on CNN. Ohhhhh......u believe everything u hear on TV! U just saw images, without even trying for an explaination of the whole mess.

Wake up twinkie. The 60's are over, dude.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"The spin never stops. Sometimes you need to think for yourself, if you continue down this road you will be treated as cattle till the day you die."

Uhmm...I never said I believed the account...just that he was remembering accurately...hehe...
It's obvious you think that the US duct taping hands and mouths is far less humane than Saddam slowly dipping them in an acid vat, so can't we just agree to disagree?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

A. To prevent communication between prisoners, which is standard proceedure, to prevent them from coordinating an escape.

How are they going to escape when they are tied up?, better yet, how are they going to see through the bag on their head to even run away?

B. to shut them the hell up. If they were mouthing off, or not being quiet, Id duct tape them too. They are prisoners of War, not diplomatic guests.

POWs don't mouth off, POWs have accidents in their pants.

Ohhhhh......U saw it on CNN. Ohhhhh......u believe everything u hear on TV! U just saw images, without even trying for an explaination of the whole mess.

No, I didn't see images, I saw video. But that's not the point, there is nothing to explain. The video is what it is. POWs getting their faces duct tape, heads bagged and their arms tied.

*Edit*

If you payed any attention to my posts you would realize I was trying to explain why not to believe everything you hear on TV. I am trying to wake people up.

BTW, you have a nasty attitude, you must live a miserable life.

[Edited on 23-4-2003 by Info]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join