It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women in combat roles? Its a done deal AF gen says go on panel.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here we go kitup.military.com...

Its a done deal.How long will it be before the dreaded gender norming worm winds its way into training and begins to get people killed?
thesoldiersload.com...
I am NOT against equality of women being treated the same but this is NOT a sane example.This will go far in thinning the population though when WW III kicks off.No doubt that is the purpose.
edit on 25-5-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: Didn't put my text

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Shameful and disgraceful.
There is no equality, no "enlightenment", just hearts that have waxed completely cold.
We allow the killing of babies, now the killing of women.
Yes, this Age is nearly over.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Okay, women want to live in this country and enjoy its freedoms but not fight for it or serve it? Does a womans finger not fit on a trigger or something?
Oh, I get it. They want equal rights unless its hard work or dangerous. Im all for it. Its about time women became more than clerks and medics in the military.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm female and I will be the first to admit I do not belong in combat. I don't know if it's my gender, but I know I couldn't kill someone. Honestly, I would be a liability to my fellow soldiers b/c they'd have to watch out for me instead of focusing on the job at hand.

That's me, though. I'm sure there are women who could easily assimilate into a combat zone with no problem. Kudos to them.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Theres a lot of men with that same issue. Its called cowardice. (No offense) But you either get over it or you die. Women are just as good at shooting a gun as a man. I think women in combat is a great idea.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores

Theres a lot of men with that same issue. Its called cowardice. (No offense) But you either get over it or you die. Women are just as good at shooting a gun as a man. I think women in combat is a great idea.

I'm not offended at all.

Call it cowardice or simply knowing myself. I would be a hindrance in combat and probably get myself killed very quickly.

Now there are other areas I could excel in with regards to the military; I'd make a fierce medic. That's kind of a contradiction bc medics are right in the middle of battle. I guess the difference would be that I would try to save a life rather than take a life.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The difference is you are willing to admit it, most men wouldnt. At least you are aware of your limitations.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
As usual, I have a hard time choosing sides. I can see positive and negative either way. As a woman, I believe that there are probably a few women out there somewhere (certainly not myself!) who could meet the physical and emotional rigors of being directly involved in combat. Those women could be very useful to the military, and I think that there is no "fair or not fair", the able bodied should be doing what they can, whatever job they are assigned.

Now, on the OTHER hand. My husband is a Marine and although he is in communications (read: not a grunt) it still terrifies me at the thought of him EVER being placed in a combat situation with a female. He is honorable and old fashioned, and I know that he would be distracted by her, feeling a need to "have her back" that goes beyond the normal soldier's (warrior, whatever) feelings of watching out for one another. And this would be because she's female. I think that is a real "problem" that would affect a lot of our service members.

Now, on the OTHER (holographic, ring-created, digital) hand, (teehee) I know that my stepdaughter would be irreparably damaged if she were engaged in a combat situation. Not saying all women would be, but I think a lot of them would. I hope her contract finishes completely before they begin implementing these changes.

And lastly, I wonder if they might look into creating all female units... their unit logo could be The Amazons, or something.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MojaveBurning
And lastly, I wonder if they might look into creating all female units... their unit logo could be The Amazons, or something.

This last portion is exactly what makes me wonder how changes will be implemented. There are women that are already sexually abused in the military with no repercussions to be found. There are men who do not have ethical boundaries.

Mixed units in a mixed barracks seems like a recipe for bad behavior.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Speaking from a demographic standpoint, each (and every) women in society needs to have an average of 2.1 children just to keep the population at replacement rate, otherwise, the population/people in question will eventually die out. www.vhemt.org... To place women in combat, is a danger to keeping a stable population for the society which would do such a thing, and causes such potential problems for that society concerning care for the elderly in the population etc.

To draft women, to say that a women has no choice but to go to war, is simply sad. It shows that societies lack of knowledge concerning demographics. Also their lack of knowledge concerning the abilities of women in general, some women (not all) would make the perfect spies, they make wonderful nurses and support staff such as secretaries etc, but to put them in hand to hand combat with men, and saying that the majority of women could potentially handle such a thing... is ignorance in its extreme.
edit on 25-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Many women WANTED this. Hell. I didn't want to enlist because the selection of jobs was not to my liking.
Now I'm reconsidering.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My wife is a personal experince to me that shows a woman can handle herself as well as any man on the field of combat as well as life. This is good news to me, if a chick wants to unload some lead into america's enemies, I say more power to you, ma'am. And thank you, for your service and sacrifice.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
My wife is a personal experince to me that shows a woman can handle herself as well as any man on the field of combat as well as life. This is good news to me, if a chick wants to unload some lead into america's enemies, I say more power to you, ma'am. And thank you, for your service and sacrifice.

I now women who were taught to kill and shoot from a very young age, I know women who if forced would do a good job taking down quite a few enemies before being herself captured or killed, but this does NOT make this a wise decision when it comes to drafting for military service, or even enlisting... society needs to learn, it NEEDS women to actually BE women, unless forced by an enemy to be otherwise.

Besides, didn't you realize 'women's lib' was a CIA operation to begin with? Maybe they wanted this type of thing for untoward reasons that are NOT best for women or society at large....
edit on 25-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The job never stops in combat.Once you've marched a few miles with your armor 30 lbs(God that must suck) your weapon, ammo, extra equipment and your backpack usually loaded to the tune of about 50 lbs(light ,I know but just as an example)Then you get ambushed you either move aim and shoot without thought or you get raked by AK fire.There is no thinking done in these moments no ability to emote just pure action.I have yet to meet a woman who could do that athletic feat then react that quickly.
This is not how I want it it is NOT my opinion,it is the unforgiving way we have to fight.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

only if your not on your own soil dear nobel warrior, you can travel a bit lighter if your close to home...

just stating fact

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
legacy.stripes.com... she seemed to hold her own quite well and i think most 10 pilots would not mind having her on their wing let alone how much the ground pounders problay love this "killer chick"
another link with some strong language so yeah i dont have a problem with them in combat and think they have more then held there own over the years www.badassoftheweek.com...
edit on 28-5-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You guys arecompletely right women should know there place and stay in the kitchen.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

No that isn't it by any stretch of the imagination.Yes I was raised in a "Nuclear Family" but I believe the women should stand by our side in most things, not behind in business or a career.I have no problem with women as my superiors. But combat is a factor I wouldn't want to have my younger females worring about. You know as well as I do they had trouble getting enough combatants for Iraq,They used the national Guard and reserve as well.Now they want to press the ladies into fighting if this is allowed to continue.
They are saying promotions require the changes so women can join the higher ranks to achieve equality of career path with their male counterparts.
This is not some half assed swipe at feminism.I don't want to see a high school cheerleader drafted ,only to be trained using watered down quailifications,then get her ass slaughtered or worse on the battlefield.
Philosophically and spiritually I feel it is a slander against them because YES they are the givers of life and believe this if this does come to pass there will be pregnant deaths.
If my wish to preserve them from this madness is misogynistic in nature than so what? I am also an evil warrior who liked fighting.I just kept it in in service instead of being a murderer or criminal.
Thank God I am at least intelligent enough to do other things.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
exactly.
It's so that they can get better military job opportunities and equal access to higher ranks.

they're not going to DRAFT women. (the above's cheerleader reference is good)
not unless it gets desperate.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You're not mysoginistic.

I'm female (duh) and I'm all for equality as an ideal. Women are as smart as men, capable of doing most of the same jobs as men, and frankly better at some things than men. Men are not superior to women, or vice versa.

But women are different than men. Generally speaking, we aren't as physically strong as men (yes, there are Xena women out there but I'm speaking generically.)

If a woman wants to apply for a job where physical strength comes into play, so be it. But she should be held to the same standard as her male counterpart. For example; if a woman is a firefighter then she needs to be able to carry that 200lb man down the ladder. Some women could do this easily. If so, then let them.

I would be utterly useless in combat. Not only would I endanger myself, I'd also be a hindrance to my comrades. I realize this.

Gonna get flamed for this, but it's what I believe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join