It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The surface of Mars in fake color

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Off topic: Just found this amazing picture of Earth and the moon as seen from Mars orbit, didn't think it would be this large/visible, even through HiRises telescope!

That looks suspiciously close. It must have been a very wide orbit if that photo is real.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Off topic: Just found this amazing picture of Earth and the moon as seen from Mars orbit

Still off topic, but here is the raw image that the camera took, but it's not very interesting. I guess they had to take a short exposure so there weren't millions of stars in there too, thats why it is so dark.
www.msss.com...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Maybe they alter the colors to take the human aspect out of it. If it looks similar to what were used to the want to go there and explore with manned space flight would be increased and nasa knows there is stuff there they dont want us to find so they make it look so unappealing that nobody in their right mind would want to go there.

Look maybe I'm reaching a bit but I don't trust nasa with your life and when they say something the opposite is true they are a bunch of liars and our space program is a sham.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Or it could be that the photos are altered because they are photos of a desert on Earth. That would mean that NASA has either never landed a probe on Mars or has and won't show us the footage. I believe the answer to be the former.
edit on 26-5-2012 by epsilon69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by epsilon69
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Or it could be that the photos are altered because they are photos of a desert on Earth. That would mean that NASA has either never landed a probe on Mars or has and won't show us the footage. I believe the answer to be the former.
edit on 26-5-2012 by epsilon69 because: (no reason given)

Or you seriously misunderstand the imaging technology present not only on space craft, but also in 'normal' cameras.

One or the other....

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
They alter the image contrast and color to show the rocks in more detail.Think about it

edit on 30-5-2012 by realchangein2100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
now here's a video I can live with ..

it's a must see!

From the video description at the very bottom...excellent question ~!

But the real question is: should Mars even have a sky?

edit on 15-8-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join