It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns Australia to Choose “Godfather” – China or U.S

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

(Being an Aussie I can spell colour with a U if I wish). As a Canadian,,,colour,,is perfectly fine,,

but as an Ally if u can't see that this is not about color,,its about,,as an Australian,,,and not as a one worlder,,
where is your heart. ?
if u had too pick sides,,which i agree with.
edit on 24-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
so i'm looking at this video:

what does Australia have to think about exactly? my answer would have have come at the same time as the ultimatum.

i remember seeing an adult video years ago, where this guy is having a fantasy with a couple of hot chicks...he doesn't actually have sex with any of them, but instead pleasures himself while watching them do their thing.

is Australia like the person I just described?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

see ya

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

i dont get it,,,,Australian Men,,are into bondage with,,
Red Chinese Army Girl Clones?

How does this relate too a Chinese General saying Pick Sides,,China or U.S.A,,
cause if it is there some girls from Iowa,, and those southernern girls,
they leave the rest behind,,
lol

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

with so much confusion in the world it makes sense that you don't get it and that I can't really explain it.

the most basic element of the Nation or State is the concept of men and women joined in marriage.

personally, i think that no such ultimatum was ever given or that what was said has been spun to sound like something it wasn't...

the title of this thread means to me one of two things

1. China needs an answer from Australia on whether it wants to either be gay (bottom most certainly) with the United States or be straight with China.

2. China needs an answer from Australia on whether it wants to be straight with the United States or Lesbian with China.

if the title of this thread is correct...for some reason, Australia needs time to think through this as they are having some gender and sexual identity problems down under.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

cause if it is ,,,,,,,,,,,
there some girls from Iowa,
from my entire post,,,

thought so.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Australia is post-op transsexual and doesn't know whether its a gay man or lesbian woman at present.

i'm not sure that there is a confident decision they could possibly make...given the firm realities of today's world.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Another Chinese General speaking off the record? They tend speak over zealously on a lot of things. My guess is this guy's statement is his own, and not the official policy of the Chinese government? If it were official policy and he spoke out of turn? Chances are none of us would hear from them in the future.

He would be wisked away in the middle night with a black sack over his head to some Chinese prison in the hinter lands never to be heard from again. You know the Chinese put on a good veneer. They look all warm and cuddly to the outside world with their businessman, diplomats, and politicians donning Western attire, trading stocks and bonds, investing in shopping malls and apartment complexes, purchasing your usual German or Italian sports cars, and so and so forth. In all reality, they are still Communists and will handle insolence with an iron fist whenever it occurs whether it is from a party member or a peasant in the countryside. They are totalitarian when it is needed.

As for China expecting Australia to pick them over the US as their benefactor in the Pacific? China might as well try building an igloo in hell. It is never going to happen. The US is increasing their military partnership and cooperation with Australia. By my estimation, it seems Australia has picked sides and that is with the US. Why would they allow Marines to be stationed in their country or for bases to be built?

Obama visit: Australia agrees US Marine deployment plan

Australia has agreed to host a full US Marine task force in the coming years, Prime Minister Julia Gillard has announced at a news conference with US President Barack Obama in Canberra.

She said about 250 US Marines would arrive next year, eventually being built up to 2,500 personnel.

The deployment is being seen as a move to counter China's growing influence.

So, I think the Chinese are singing to the choir when it comes to what is being requested in the article? Furthermore, I recall the Japanese throwing their weight around in the Pacific before WWII. That did not end well. Heated rhetoric and veiled threats is bad for business, economics, and trade. If China would like to keep things on the up and up? Perhaps, they should tone it down a bit? One day someone is going to call their bluff, and put them on the spot. Are they ready for that?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Nspekta

We need to cut ties with the United States...China is our friend.
What have they done for you lately...I mean besides trying to push you around?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
How credible is the source of the OP? I mean it all could be a rumor.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

This article just revealed the contempt China and the US hold us in, have always held us in....more paternal bull#...and if I had my way we'd not trade with them at all. Neither has the right to this country. Trade or fade...but trade as equals.

best comment

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Bye bye USA, not that it hasnt been good and all. You guys had your moment in the sun and now it has set on you its time to move on.
Its just business, it was with you guys as well remember. You dont have the coin we need so we dont lift our skirt to you any more.
Its global evolution and we are evolving. Hell we are more part of Asia than the the Americas or Europe anyway.

The sad part of this whole dance is the US government because of the people have mostly operated out of a moral sensitivity and the Chinese out of a moral vacuum. Chinas machine runs the people, where once the US people ran the machine that has changed to the machine running the people in the US now as well.
Its not really a change of systems, just eye shape and skin colour. (Being an Aussie I can spell colour with a U if I wish).
I wonder what the Chinese symbol is for colour?

Australia is not a State of the US, I just wish WA was not a state of Australia as well.

Interesting.

Propaganda aside, long term Australia and China's interests will gradually become closer. America too isn't a strong partner yet, and in all reality, at this stage Australia is strategically important, AND above all, Australia doesn't talk as loud so where we stand goes unnoticed by the unwashed masses.

The internet confuses people, especially in Australia's outspoken, intolerable ways, that are merely based on our lack of political strength. Again and again, Australia doesn't get heard, and look here how China and USA fight over Australia like dog meat, if they can. Things get reduced to trolling, so fast.

That said, currently USA are being very kind and have left us to our devices from the start. The UK isn't being mentioned, funny that.. and China hasn't been bad to Australia at all, so a retired general doesn't mater that much, however culturally we will clash with China who refuse to play hardball, calling for decorum when they play two games at once, one behind the shadows; are caught and must be treated in kind = our way.

Aus is unlike USA and China and robust enough to play it our way.

In the long run a lot of things may happen and most of them won't...
USA is indeed menacing Australia's fiscal survival with the risks they take, on the horizon. It's not a big deal.
China would find it easy to attack white people, as would India Japan etc. They are still propped up with propaganda. In their respective culture they assume victory and then do as they please. Beware.
Europe still makes the most long term sense, to me. USA won't go too far backward and share similar interests. Something in Australia has to change for us to go forward. For a start we need a voice of our own.

China isn't wrong, as usual. Australia is hampered with having a dependency on America, but it just may be China that creates the threat.

Sounds allegorical for that thing we have on our flag that has been mentioned by Asia as an incursion so many 1000's of times the past 30 years.

Australia becoming a republic would be the game changer, to me. Otherwise, nothing will happen despite everything anyone says.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I choose neither, they're both as bad as each other.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
WTf... since when were the Aussies sitting on the fence?

Their allegiance is to The US and Europe, no questions asked. China is just butt hurt because they invested so heavily in resources coming form Australia. Now, with their slowing economy, it is becoming a drag.

Choose your 'Godfather' pft.

Lets put it this way... they 100% choose the Red, White and Blue's, can you name those flags?

Can someone say... Common Wealth of Nations, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, World Trade Organization(includes china, by default, but shows the strength in ties with others), Australia – United States Free Trade Agreement ...

Guess what hasn't gone through....Australia–China Free Trade Agreement

edit on 24-5-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

Pfft, you are clearly NOT an Australian, so let me tell you from an Australian perspective. We do not choose the red blues and whites, know why? The way Australia has been treated by America is abhorrent, and you actually believe we are your allies? LMFAO yeah right, America only cares about itself.
The truth is Australia is moving closer and closer to China in economic, financial, and military means. We are the only western nation whose armed forces actually TRAIN and WORK alongside the Chinese.
Truth is Australia is only allies with those who control the shipping lanes since Australia is dependent on them, in the beginning Britain controlled them so Australia was their ally, then America controlled them so we joined them. But now that China is taking over us Australians are moving closer and closer to them, as soon as America collapse will be the green light to completely join China.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stagea
My uncle fought in the famous Korean battle of Kapyong. He was one of only a few Australian soldiers to receive an American medal for bravery. I also have family that have fought alongside Americans in Vietnam, and WWII.
To even suggest Australians would side with China over their long time ally America is total and utter BS! Would NEVER happen.

I am not talking about politicians. Both American and Australian (ALL of them the world over for that matter) are corrupt. I am talking about Australians, the people, the everyday folk. They will stand with America and their allies through thick and thin. Some Chinese general can (as they often do) say what he likes to promote himself to his own. Yes is can cause debate amongst those who ignorantly think Australians would side with China.

But this much I know. If China made one stupid move against America or its allies, you would have Australians volunteering by the hundreds of thousands to defend their friends. Not for political reasons, not because some politician says so, but because Australians have ALWAYS volunteered to fight alongside their mates! It is our way, it is what we do.

YOU ARE NOT AN AUSTRALIAN!!!!
How can you side with the Americans? After how many wars they have dragged us into, after how many of our people they have killed, after they attempted to destroy our economy?
The Americans have used us for their own agenda, how can you not see that? They do not care for us, the Americans use our soldiers as cannon fodder in their endless wars. You are in the minority of Australian views, get America OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

might be time for a digery-do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,breath,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mate.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Nspekta

We need to cut ties with the United States...China is our friend.
What have they done for you lately...I mean besides trying to push you around?

Well let me see, hmm...
1. They have dragged us into many endless wars killing many of our people
2. Used the CIA to overthrow Whitlam, Rudd, etc.
3. Created false flags against the Australian people, ie The Bali Bombings.
4. Are funding the Greens to wreck our economy.
5. Have refused to allow Australians access to their bases even though its on our own soil.
6. Refuse to let us have our own nukes.
7. Has bullied Australia into funding their war complex.
8. Refused to help us in the 2011 Queensland floods.

Oh sorry I thought you were talking about America? What has China done for us recently you ask?

1. Have never gotten us involved in their wars.
2. Offered Australia support during the 2011 Queensland floods.
3. Helps fund infrastructure in our remote communities from the mining boom.
4. Has never tried to overthrow our government.
5. Has never bullied Australia into signing any agreements.
6. Has continued to work with our military in peacetime and disaster relief situations.

America is not our ally they are our oppresor, I pick China.
edit on 24-5-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Originally posted by Rosha

Originally posted by mytheroy
They would probably cut all ties with Australia, No Money, goods, etc.

Every person remotely aware of what's going on in China right now, knows they are close to the weakest they have been in a century, not their strongest. Just as other places are, they are facing upheaval civilly and fiscally...hence they are buying up US bank shares etc...trying to gain grip and control over their demise like every other group of mad men and by moving into Africa trying to foresight new trade avenues, they aim to be 'world leaders' in a world that doesn't want to be led.. China, just like the rest of us, is only one foot from disaster. They need us as much as if not more than we need them..and so..they attack with words..trying to claim the power position. This is typical manipulation strategy and only a blind politician would cow tow to it. Some countries are so poor all they have is money. Let them eat it.

Ro

This merely shows how little you know of Chinese History. 100 years ago, China was descending into civil war. 100 years ago, China was extorted by colonial powers to yield economic concessions to the various nations in the aftermath of the Sino-Japanese war(and had been forced to do so since the 2nd Opium War in the mid 1800's...the colonial nations grew far more bolder with China's defeat by Japan): Great Britain, France, Germany, Russia, and the United States. Fortunately, the U.S. acted somewhat honorably toward the Chinese at the time. Sadly, the U.S. has forgotten what the definition of Honor means. Hell, even Japan was exploiting the Chinese. For you to say that they are in their worst position in a century is historical ignorance. The very fact that China does not have colonial harpies dictating their policy in the present day proves this. They had no choice 100 years ago.

No...China is the future superpower. Many people today vilify the present Chinese government. However, what many people fail to understand is that the Chinese have essentially been living under dictatorship for over 2000 years. It merely had a different name: Imperialism. This is why the Chinese will be ascendant in the future. The people of China have a traditional experience of living under totalitarianism(Dictator China, Imperial China...same difference). China is probably one of the greatest countries today in regards to cultural solidarity. Japan is another example. They are not perfect...nothing is...but this cultural solidarity grants them power that the bickering, individualist nations of the West cannot understand.

Independent Australia has not been in existence for very long. The Commonwealth of Australia came into being on January 1st, 1901. That is a mere 110 years plus a few months of existence. For a good portion of the latter 19th century and early 20th century Australia completely prevented immigration from China and Japan. It was to be a white mans country.

My point here is that times change. Australia may not have needed or wanted China in the past. However, in the present, the situation is evolving. I have no idea what will happen in the future but Australians should not be so arrogant in dismissing a Chinese olive branch. If you think that becoming an ally of China will reduce you to dictatorship I would say you are wrong. Treaties are very complicated forms of agreement. Australians could easily negotiate a treaty that protects their freedoms while also gaining economic benefits from the Chinese.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
Thoughts?!

˙˙˙spɐǝן sıɥʇ ǝɹǝɥʍ ǝǝs s,ʇǝן 'ןןǝʍ ˙ƃuıɥʇ ɐ ɥɔns op pןnoʍ ɐuıɥɔ ǝʌǝıןǝq ʇ,uɐɔ ı ˙sʍǝu ǝןqıɹɹǝʇ sı sıɥʇ

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

with so much confusion in the world it makes sense that you don't get it and that I can't really explain it.

the most basic element of the Nation or State is the concept of men and women joined in marriage.

personally, i think that no such ultimatum was ever given or that what was said has been spun to sound like something it wasn't...

the title of this thread means to me one of two things

1. China needs an answer from Australia on whether it wants to either be gay (bottom most certainly) with the United States or be straight with China.

2. China needs an answer from Australia on whether it wants to be straight with the United States or Lesbian with China.

if the title of this thread is correct...for some reason, Australia needs time to think through this as they are having some gender and sexual identity problems down under.

I'll answer you in your (quite disgusting) metaphorical nonsense. I picture Australia as a hot chick with two guys wooing her, why go out with one guy when she can "flirt" with both and recieve the benefits, like gifts while the two guys fight over the girl?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join