It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Asked to Remove Headscarf in NJ Mall

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

The issue here is that the burqa is being singled out.

Is it? Why do we assume the burqa is being singled out? What makes anyone think there weren't 2 dozen other people in the mall that same day that were asked to remove hoods, hats, scarves, or glasses.

There is no indication whatsoever that the burqa was singled out, other than this woman was apparently offended by being asked to remove it, and she assumes she was singled out.

At work, I sometimes send emails to my staff that are somewhat direct, or firm in nature. I use the "blind copy" feature, so nobody knows who got the emails, they only know they got one. The guilty conscience employees immediately run to my office to apologize or make excuses, while the others just ignore my emails. The same email is interpreted differently depending on each person's personal situation. Whose fault is it when some of them take it personally, and some don't? Is it my fault for enforcing the same rule fairly across the board? Or is it their fault for being personally impacted and hyper-sensitive to it?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
reply to post by smyleegrl

For those acting like this is a god darn crime to ask this woman to remove the mask that has hidden her true beauty her entire life... you are completely LOST.

First off.. no human being (especially the WOMAN) should hide their faces and indentity, they should be free to express themselves and thier inner beauty like the rest of the World. The religions that deny woman to expose their selves.. is F'n ridiculous! I dont care why, its sick.

This is a compliment if anything to ask this young woman to take off her mask... she has been innerly destroyed (As all these females who are forced too hide themselves) her whole life!

Asking her to reveal herself is a good thing in my eyes, it hsould be un-acceptable to force any female to hide their true beauty... if anything its the males who should hide themselves

~ Love is an art

I agree. There's lots of things in various religions I don't agree with. But it's not your place, nor is it mine or anyone else's, to dictate how another person chooses to live, or how they choose to practice their faith. It may disgust you, you may hate it and what it represents, but at the end of the day you have to RESPECT the fact that people are free to choose their own path.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by KryptKeeper

That isn't really discrimination though. That is a genuine concern for security. I know that she probably wasn't going to rob the place but would you feel comfortable if I wore ski masks to banks? I doubt the bank would like that very much either.

It wouldn't bother me one bit.

Would it bother you if, seeing your ski mask, I reached in and clicked the safety off my .380 and manuevered myself so I would always be facing you and nobody would be behind me? Both well within our legal rights, and both with the best of intentions. If you do your bank business and move on down the way, then I do my bank business and move on down the way. A free and armed society where everyone respects everyone and nobody gets hurt.

Problem with that is you are one person and most normal people don't carry a .38 into a bank in the first place. Second off it really doesn't matter how you feel because the bank would definitely not serve you with a mask on and more than likely call the police.

Also you are lying you know 100% that is not how you would react in that situation, but I get the point you are making.

edit on 25-5-2012 by KryptKeeper because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by KryptKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Also you are lying you know 100% that is not how you would react in that situation, but I get the point you are making.

Actually, I'm a bit of a risk taker, and I always have my gun on my person, even in the bank. It used to be a bigger gun, but these days, it is just the .380.

Anyhow, the prudent thing to do when a person in a ski mask enters a bank, is for you to exit the bank! But, I rarely do the prudent thing, and I would probably back away slowly so I had a good view of the room, an exit nearby, and no people or entrances behind me. From there, I would just wait and see.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well?
(courtesy of MAIL ONLINE.COM)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Actually, I'm a bit of a risk taker, and I always have my gun on my person, even in the bank. It used to be a bigger gun, but these days, it is just the .380.

Anyhow, the prudent thing to do when a person in a ski mask enters a bank, is for you to exit the bank! But, I rarely do the prudent thing, and I would probably back away slowly so I had a good view of the room, an exit nearby, and no people or entrances behind me. From there, I would just wait and see.

I liken this to the signs in stores that say no shirt no shoes no service. If the mask is considered discrimination then how on earth are 7-11's allowed to discriminate against shirtless shoeless people? How are they ANY different?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

She is allowed to practice her religion in the privacy of her own home or place of worship but NOT in public places because that is forcing her religion upon others. Also, it is illegal to wear masks in public so the security guard had every right to tell her to take it off.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KryptKeeper
I liken this to the signs in stores that say no shirt no shoes no service. If the mask is considered discrimination then how on earth are 7-11's allowed to discriminate against shirtless shoeless people? How are they ANY different?

This has already been addressed. The "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy is based on public health. Read the thread before asking the same damn question.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by draco49

This has already been addressed. The "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy is based on public health. Read the thread before asking the same damn question.

In what way does me being shirtless pose any threat to public health?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainPicard

She is allowed to practice her religion in the privacy of her own home or place of worship but NOT in public places because that is forcing her religion upon others. Also, it is illegal to wear masks in public so the security guard had every right to tell her to take it off.

Nope, another complete load of misinformation. There is no law prohibiting the free expression and practice of religion in any public place. Practicing religion in public in no way equates to forcing religion on you. They have every right to practice their religion, and you have every right to go elsewhere, or ignore it, if it bothers you. It's incredible how many people are ignorant of the law and Constitution in this country.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Armpit hair in the hot dog water or Nacho Cheese.

Have you ever been in the bowels of a major league stadium? Down where the fat sweaty men are stirring the nacho cheese and pouring sweat into it as they work?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No Difference
edit on 25/5/12 by darthdamo74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I didn't say it was a threat to public health. I said that public health concerns are the reason why stores institute that policy. Would you purchase fresh fruit from a store when the previous guy picking out apples was shirtless? Probably not. Does it pose an actual threat to public health? Probably not.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainPicard

If I wore a cross on a chain around my neck, would that be forcing my religion upon others?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Armpit hair in the hot dog water or Nacho Cheese.

Have you ever been in the bowels of a major league stadium? Down where the fat sweaty men are stirring the nacho cheese and pouring sweat into it as they work?

LOL

ok I can buy that but then I guess I would have to ask if the same couldn't happen with the hair on the head or sweaty arms and legs.

Come to think of it I would actually hate to be in a store and see some big fat hairy greasy shirtless dude getting a corndog. lol Thank god for that rule.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I didn't say it was a threat to public health. I said that public health concerns are the reason why stores institute that policy. Would you purchase fresh fruit from a store when the previous guy picking out apples was shirtless? Probably not. Does it pose an actual threat to public health? Probably not.

Yes I would but that is a whole other topic. lol j/k

I get it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by darthdamo74

Your attempt to associate people dressed like terrorists, and a woman wearing her traditional Muslim garments has not gone unnoticed. Despicable. See if you can follow along, I know it's tough, but do your best. The burqa is a religious garment, signifying a respect for God, and an expression of virtue. Battle fatigues and ski masks are NOT religious garments. I hope I didn't lose you.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It comes down to one thing security no more no less. Just as banks require a persons face not to be covered. The mall Owners have the right to set the dress code at their Mall. It all comes down to that old saying. "No Shirt, No Shoes No Service". If you dont like the malls rules your shopping find another mall.
edit on 25-5-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

reply to post by darthdamo74

Your attempt to associate people dressed like terrorists, and a woman wearing her traditional Muslim garments has not gone unnoticed. Despicable. See if you can follow along, I know it's tough, but do your best. The burqa is a religious garment, signifying a respect for God, and an expression of virtue. Battle fatigues and ski masks are NOT religious garments. I hope I didn't lose you.
The Koran warns muslims of lood women, Nowhere to my knoledge does it say women have to hide there entire body and face, only the muslims with extreme fundamentalists views aprove of this you know the ones that agree with murdering infidels

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by darthdamo74
The Koran warns muslims of lood women, Nowhere to my knoledge does it say women have to hide there entire body and face, only the muslims with extreme fundamentalists views aprove of this you know the ones that agree with murdering infidels

Excellent spelling and grammar. We got another scholar here. Earth to idiot: the burqa is NOT just for Islamic Fundamentalists. Go to Philly, go to Dearborn, MI. Go anywhere in the US where there's a large Muslim community (hint: they're not in your backyard, Skeeter) and you'll see FLOCKS of women covered head to toe wearing identical all-black burqas. By your logic, they must ALL be murdering terrorists. Please, remain in the swamp and try not to reproduce.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join