It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional Photographer Snaps "UFO" over Yokota Air Base: May 2012 Annular Solar Eclipse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I´m curious about that he´s using the regular D3. See my post above where I wrote down the serial image feature. He could shoot 2 pictures and then 18 in a row, but you said he said this thing was blazing fast.

Well, EXIF will reveal it. But I must say, if he doesn´t send you the originals with the EXIF, the pictures are not really something worth for evidence. I looked at the streak and there are some features that look like the finger and/or blur tool from Photoshop.
Additional, there is the anomaly SoulVision found.

The best would be to upload the raw images to a hoster if he´s so kind to send them to you. We pull the EXIF for ourselfes then. As a professional photographer, he knows about the importance of EXIF. So if you don´t get the originals, expect you have been lied to.

Anyways, I thank you for you afford to get them and that you reported it here

Btw, I expect the pictures to be really large.
If your internet connection is to slow, I´m glad to help you uploading them.
Send me an U2U if you need help and I´ll give you my emailadress so that (if you have low bandwidth) he can send them directly to me and I´ll upload them to a filehoster, if he doesn´t mind sending them to a stranger.
edit on 25-5-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Did you use the thumbnail image in the post or the large file I provided.

Also, what method(s) did you use to highlight artifacting? I ran the large image through several Photoshop CS6 filters & adjustments and could not replicate what you found.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

If your internet connection is to slow, I´m glad to help you uploading them.
Send me an U2U if you need help and I´ll give you my emailadress so that (if you have low bandwidth) he can send them directly to me and I´ll upload them to a filehoster, if he doesn´t mind sending them to a stranger.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Even more, be careful not to fall into the trap yourself with the terminology.

A "UFO" can't have a shape because by definition nobody knows what it is. UNidentified.

Every "UFO" is really by definition NOT an alien craft, because if it were an alien craft, it would be IDENTIFIED.

This is the best we get from a professional photographer? My gosh. Throw in the towel already. This is ridiculous. A big blurry blob is all this is.

This reminds me of pareidolia, aka, e.g., seeing jesus on some toast! Mmm!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I used the large file. I have access to software used by a couple agencies and it works well. It spotted the failed missile launching some years ago in the middle east (read: fake secondary launcher and added layers).

In photoshop, your best bet is to adjust the sharpness up a bit, then the brightness/contrast as I stated previously and then run the file through the "Curves" filter with the last "curve" down at "0." Best I can relate with that software. The federals use much more sensitive tests. I am not a federal, btw. I'm not making that claim here. My interests lay elsewhere.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

edit on 25-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: Nvm. Unrelated information.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

I have tried your method and have frankly ran the gamut myself through PS and have come nowhere close to the results you've shown. Could you enlighten me as to what program and method you used to gain your results?

Here's what I've been able to gather using your recommended methods:

DOWNLOAD FULL SIZE BELOW

DOWNLOAD FULL SIZE BELOW

DOWNLOAD FULL SIZE BELOW

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

"Zoom in" (increase size 500% or so but remain at the 72 dpi level), sharpen, brightness/contrast, curves, glowing edges (if they aren't evident enough yet). There's a few ways to get to it. Important thing to be able to see is that when you zoom in on around the "ufo" and adjust the brightness/contrast levels as explained earlier, that you see the framing around the object. Adjusting how visible this framing is afterwards, when genuinely found, is then just a matter of tweaking.
edit on 25-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have been able to acquire raw NEF files and some jpegs. I'll post more later tonight. EXIF data is on its way.

edit on 26-5-2012 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I can't help but be optimistic that we're going to find out the truth soon. I really hope they are benevolent and are becoming more prominant to help tone our awareness and prevent wide spread panic. I also hope I'm not wrong and they're here to "take us over"!!
I'm staying optimistic about it until I have reason to be otherwise. The possibilities are endless and there is so much we can learn!

Yes. They are here "to serve man".

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by Hessdalen

Even more, be careful not to fall into the trap yourself with the terminology.

A "UFO" can't have a shape because by definition nobody knows what it is. UNidentified.

Every "UFO" is really by definition NOT an alien craft, because if it were an alien craft, it would be IDENTIFIED.

This is the best we get from a professional photographer? My gosh. Throw in the towel already. This is ridiculous. A big blurry blob is all this is.

This reminds me of pareidolia, aka, e.g., seeing jesus on some toast! Mmm!

I can put Jesus into most foods of your choosing with a plumbers torch. With a pencil torch you can make it detailed. You can also cut out a sheet metal Jesus with a plasma cutter and brand Jesus into objects you cannot torch.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
These 14 images were taken in about 8 seconds with a Nikon D3, 500mm lens at 1/100 sec about 2 hours before the annular eclipse directly over Yokota Air Base, Japan.

Here's a .gif version...albeit a bit faster...

Here's a small jpg of the first image.

Full size jpg here:

---------------------------------------------------------

Exif of first image:

[Image]
Make = NIKON CORPORATION
Model = NIKON D3
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 300
Y Resolution = 300
Resolution Unit = inch
Software = Ver.2.01
Date Time = 2012-05-21 04:56:25
Artist =
YCbCr Positioning = co-sited
Copyright =
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 348
GPS Info IFD Pointer = Offset: 35992

[Camera]
Exposure Time = 1/100"
F Number = F6.3
Exposure Program = Manual
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2012-05-21 04:56:25
Date Time Digitized = 2012-05-21 04:56:25
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Compressed Bits Per Pixel = 4
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Max Aperture Value = F6.28
Metering Mode = Pattern
Light Source = Fine weather
Flash = Off
Focal Length = 500mm
Maker Note = 34988 Byte
User Comment =
Subsec Time = 0.5"
Subsec Time Original = 0.5"
Subsec Time Digitized = 0.5"
Flashpix Version = Version 1.0
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 3552
Exif Image Height = 2832
Interoperability IFD Pointer = Offset: 35960
Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
File Source = DSC
Scene Type = A directly photographed image
CFA Pattern = [R,G],rn[G,B]
Custom Rendered = Normal process
Exposure Mode = Manual exposure
White Balance = Manual white balance
Digital Zoom Ratio = 1.13x
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 550mm
Scene Capture Type = Normal
Gain Control = None
Contrast = Normal
Saturation = Normal
Sharpness = Normal
Subject Distance Range = unknown

[GPS]
GPS Version ID = Version 2.2

[Interoperability]
Interoperability Index = ExifR98
Interoperability Version = Version 1.0

[Thumbnail Info]
Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail)
X Resolution = 300
Y Resolution = 300
Resolution Unit = inch
JPEG Interchange Format = Offset: 36120
JPEG Interchange Format Length = Length: 11385
YCbCr Positioning = co-sited

[Thumbnail]
Thumbnail = 160 x 120

[MakerNote (Nikon)]
Makernote Version = 0210
ISO Speed Used = 0
Quality = FINE
White Balance = SUNNY
Focus Mode = AF-S
Flash Setting = NORMAL
Auto Flash Mode =
White Balance Bias Value = 0, 0
White Balance Red, Blue Coefficients = 465/256, 347/256, 256/256, 256/256
000D = 00, 01, 06, 00
Exposure Diff = 00, 01, 0C, 00
ThumbOffset = 8098
ISO Speed Requested = 0
Photo corner coordinates = 0, 0, 3552, 2832
0017 = 00, 01, 06, 00
Flash Bracket Compensation Applied = 00, 01, 06, 00
AE Bracket Compensation Applied = 0EV

Lens Type = Nikon D series Lens
Lens Min/Max Focal Length, Max Aperture = 500/10, 5000/10, 40/10, 63/10
Flash Used = Flash Not Used
Bracketing & Shooting Mode = 0

Total Number of Shutter Releases for Camera = 121760
edit on 26-5-2012 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Last image of the set I have:

I have copies of the .nef raw images, but will not post those to preserve the copyright to the photographer. As a photographer myself, it is quite obvious that these are original, unaltered images as shot, as taken directly from the camera.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
After closer inspection, I'm beginning to lean more toward meteor activity. There were quite a few people reporting very similar sights in the skies from the 19th through the 21st. Here's an example...

earthsky.org... china-to-texas-on-may-20-or-may-21

Lenore says: May 20, 2012 at 1:49 am I came upon this web site because I too just saw a very unusual looking meteor and wondered if there was a meteor shower tonight. I’m in central Connecticut and I’m not sure about the exact time but it was around 2 am. I went downstairs to get a glass of water and looking out my kitchen window I saw a very bright, large, WHITE odd shaped shooting star! My Family has always been big on stargazing so I’ve seen many spectacular showers. This singular event however was very different. The meteor was bigger than any I’ve seen and whiter too! The shape was that of a squished teardrop! Very Cool to witness!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So what you mean is you will not provide us with even one original photo? I would like to have at least one to pull the exif on myself and take a look at the raw images. Without that, its seems more and more like a fake..

Your words and believes if unaltered or not do not count for me. I want to take a look at it for myself.
edit on 26-5-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You can pull the exif off of the jpeg image. The jpeg is an original just as the nef is. They were shot in camera with the setting of both jpeg and raw.

There is no need to be accusatory here. Giving out the raw file is akin to releasing the negative, and as such, risking the ownership rights of the photographer.

RAW FILE

Now please, if anyone has any serious comments about what the object is, please comment.

Is there anyone left on ATS that is objective and professional?
edit on 26-5-2012 by AnnunakiX because: edit link

edit on 26-5-2012 by AnnunakiX because: further elaboration

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Looks like a jet contrail illuminated by the low sun.

Plenty of threads here where such a thing has been misidentified.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I am not sure if this information belongs here but, I saved this and this thread is the only thing I could find that relates to what I found. While reading the recent mufon reports I found a sighting in Japan that is similar to what is in this thread. When I closed the sighting detail page and it retuned me to the most recent reports the listing for that particular report I just read was gone. I have searched and searched and could not find any trace of that case # or report. I was able to save what the report said but never got to see the picture. So, here is what the report said.

Long Description of Sighting Report
It was Monday, 21 May 2012 - 0456, about 2.5hrs before the much anticipated solar eclipse. I had just gassed up my car at the base gas station and was about to head out to look for a good spot to photograph the eclipse. The weather forecast for Tokyo was for cloudy conditions. Though the cloud coverage at that time was minimal, I kept my eye of the sky in anticipation of changing weather conditions.
As I drove along the main road on base, I noticed a fast-moving glowing object in the sky. From where I was it seemed like a bright dot in the sky. My first thought was it my be a hypervelocity spy plane or even a piece of space debris coming down. My first instinct was to slam my car into park and grab my camera. I had several with me that morning. The one I used was fitted with a 500mm Sigma lens. I fired off 22 images in quick succession. The object which had crossed 10s-of-miles in mere seconds disappeared from view. The pictures were captured in raw and jpg files. 
Since the object appeared small in size, I didn't give it too much thought. I do remember saying allowed - "gotcha." I got back in my car and returned to scouting for a good place to photograph the solar eclipse while keeping my eye on the sky for changing weather and cloud formations. 
After the eclipse, I got together with several friends and photographers who photographed the day's event from another part of the city. IWe glanced at my pictures but didn't really scrutinize the images. One person thought I might have photographed an missle flying over Tokyo. Another lady thought it might be a meteor. It wasn't until the following day I decided to take a close look at the photos of the unknown object. After enlarging several pictures and noticing the uniformed structure of this fast-moving glowing object, I realized I had photographed something extraordinary. 
I've since showed the images to several pilots, aircraft engine designers, rocket engineering students , people in charge of airfield management and professional military aircraft photographers. Thought people disagree on what the object could be, everyone agrees - its not and airplane or any aircraft currently available to the US military.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilightgem

That sounds very much like it would be his report. The details sound pretty much the same as what he told me as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join