It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-Speed UFOs from Satellites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
wouldn't it be weird if ufo's all had a similar tech that could render them invisible to the naked eye but the government is going nuts because they can see them on certain radar? so they are picking known contactees brains apart and treating them like head cases to get info out of them... meanwhile, they tell us NOTHING.

They could be flying all around and no one knows but just a few anal wads that think they are going to figure everything out on their own and that no one else has the right to know... and they do long term invasive investigations on those who are contacts or talk about it too much.

If I am ever engaged in another contact... and this one for the world to see, or anyone else for that mater. i'm sure they will stop at nothing to publicize what a terrible person I/they are.

which is why they need to be called out on all their coverups and lies.

in 94 during my second possible ET involved sighting, shortly thereafter people saw some things in the sky but they were just flares... looked like big red dots floating around. hey said they were testing new radar. Whatever these things were appeared in almost the exact same location as what we saw. Same year. they put the perfectly normal crap in the paper, more than once i think... they made sure people took notice of those weird looking lights they were using.

They were either trying to debunk reports of the first sighting to the public as a military exercise or they were INDEED testing new radar and tried to emulate the energy they had picked up or compare it to something else (which I'm sure what they picked up in the actual sighting was an intense amount of energy)

Now do you think that anyone would ever be able to shake, squeeze or pry the real story out of these people at the AFB?

Pffft!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
These are OLD videos, from years ago, as you can tell from the equipment shown -- and without any information about date/time it is impossible [possibly deliberately so] to determine the context of the videos and other events occurring simo, such as dockings with visiting vehicles, deployments, and even the bugaboo of the eager-believers, water dumps. It's dismaying to notice that no poster seems to have been bothered by the absolute lack of verifiable origin of any of them, or the impossibility of properly assessing potential prosaic explanations. Dismaying, but alas, not surprising.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
These are OLD videos, from years ago, as you can tell from the equipment shown -- and without any information about date/time it is impossible [possibly deliberately so] to determine the context of the videos and other events occurring simo, such as dockings with visiting vehicles, deployments, and even the bugaboo of the eager-believers, water dumps. It's dismaying to notice that no poster seems to have been bothered by the absolute lack of verifiable origin of any of them, or the impossibility of properly assessing potential prosaic explanations. Dismaying, but alas, not surprising.

I tried to search for the source of these clips, but remains a mystery. And.. so what if this is OLD, with OLD technology, YOUR point is..??

And what do you mean - "by and without any information about date/time it is impossible [possibly deliberately so] to determine the context of the videos and other events occurring simo, such as dockings with visiting vehicles, deployments, and even the bugaboo of the eager-believers, water dumps."

Why does it matter knowing the context of these clips? How does it take away from the fact that these are UFOs zooming at high-speeds 'not known to man' across the atmosphere from satellite view (discounting CGI)?
edit on 24-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

such as dockings with visiting vehicles

What an intruiging riposte - are you suggesting that these UFOs are man-made ?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybersk8er

I tried to search for the source of these clips, but remains a mystery. And.. so what if this is OLD, with OLD technology, YOUR point is..??

And what do you mean - "by and without any information about date/time it is impossible [possibly deliberately so] to determine the context of the videos and other events occurring simo, such as dockings with visiting vehicles, deployments, and even the bugaboo of the eager-believers, water dumps."

Why does it matter knowing the context of these clips? How does it take away from the fact that these are UFOs zooming at high-speeds across the atmosphere from satellite view (discounting CGI) ?

How do you know that they are UFO's zooming through the upper atmosphere?

How do you know that they are not something a LOT smaller and a LOT closer?

How big are they? How far away are they?

Is it a alien space craft, several miles in size, suddenly rising up through the atmosphere at speeds that would not only break the sound barrier, but who's turbulence would disturb the clouds greatly?

Or is it a ice crystal, a few inches big?

All these things were discussed in that other thread. I'm going to find it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yep, here it is, the thread was started by Arken on 4/23/2012, so just a month ago. It's 10 pages long, lots of discussions plus other videos:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantumfluctuation

such as dockings with visiting vehicles

What an intruiging riposte - are you suggesting that these UFOs are man-made ?

No need to suggest -- some 'UFO' videos posted on youtube indeed turn out to be approaching or receding 'Progress' supply drones, seen at a distance and hence unrecognizable -- but the posters withhold that information and cut off the sequence before the vehicle's outline becomes recognizable. Another notorious space U-faux was a camera-sphere deployed by spacewalking astronauts on a shuttle, and dishonestly described by youtube posters.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Sorry for the double post of this video (different version of video but relatively the same)

They may well be ice particles/space debris that are small but close to the camera, but how do you explain at 0:19 speeding up like that?

And how do you explain the UFOs exiting the atmosphere/earth? Space debris have magical force to propel them at high speed!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Sorry for the double post of this video (different version of video but relatively the same)

They may well be ice particles/space debris that are small but close to the camera, but how do you explain at 0:19 speeding up like that?

And how do you explain the UFOs exiting the atmosphere/earth? Space debris have magical force to propel them at high speed!

Are they exiting the atmosphere? Or are they coming out of the shadow and into the sunlight? You don't know, because you can't gauge the size of the objects in the video, nor their distance from the camera.

If they are small and close, they could have been in the ISS or shuttle's shadow. Small and close, in the shadow, they'd be pretty much invisible. Then suddenly lit up by bright sunlight. If the Earth was not in the view, then it would have looked like they suddenly popped into existance.

As for the object at 0:19, it doesn't appear to speed up to me (video quality goes down as they zoom in), however, what I DID notice is the contrail left by it, and it looks like it's tumbling. To me it looks like they captured either a Bolide, or a piece of space junk burning up as it falls through the upper atmosphere.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Are they exiting the atmosphere? Or are they coming out of the shadow and into the sunlight? You don't know, because you can't gauge the size of the objects in the video, nor their distance from the camera.

If they are small and close, they could have been in the ISS or shuttle's shadow. Small and close, in the shadow, they'd be pretty much invisible. Then suddenly lit up by bright sunlight. If the Earth was not in the view, then it would have looked like they suddenly popped into existance.

As for the object at 0:19, it doesn't appear to speed up to me (video quality goes down as they zoom in), however, what I DID notice is the contrail left by it, and it looks like it's tumbling. To me it looks like they captured either a Bolide, or a piece of space junk burning up as it falls through the upper atmosphere.

Yes, they are all valid explanations to me.
So the ones that skimmed across 'what looked like' through atmosphere, they are debris entering the atmosphere at a really low angle to the atmosphere. Wouldn't the debris get dimmer though?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

There's nothing magical about nearby shuttle-shed 'stuff' speeding up in thruster plumes -- it happened all the time, and all it takes to prove that is to check the thruster telemetry records [FOIA request]. Now, to get those records, you need to specify the exact date/time of interest. so when the posters of these scenes on youtube withhold that information, they are essentially sabotaging any chance of discovering that prosaic explanation. By your silence on this, i wonder if you are willing to let them get away with that?

The more familiar a person is with real spaceflight operations and what they appear like, the less UFO-like these scenes become. And the more misinformation and wrong guesses and false analogies that people believe firmly but wrongly, the more these scenes appear UFO-like.

So before arguing interpretations, I've always thought it was necessary to establish factual foundations of the scenes. Many well informed posters across ATS have been contributing to that constructive process on dozens of threads on these themes, and I recently compiled my own list of "99 FAQs on 'Space UFOs'" to summarize the realities of spaceflight so that visual anomalies can be properly assessed, allowing genuinely interesting events [and there are some] to be filtered out from the noise and youtube hoaxes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join