It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Muslims drives me crazy!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ok, I live and study in Europe, and most of the foreign students include Arabs and quite a few of them are my friends. Otherwise they are ok people to be with, just not the type you can sit down with and have some fun.

At restaurants when I oder something which has pork, they make faces and ask me to take it away from them, at cafes whenever I have a beer or two, they treat treat me like a drunk alcoholic who is to be laughed at, not knowing that a beer hardly contains any alcohol and surely does not make you drunk. I just told one of them that I am agnostic and he literally tried to beat me!

What's with them, they are not in their own country, but expect people around them to conform to their wishes. Ok I am not a native of this country but whenever I am here I conform to the norms here. After mixing with them for around 4 years now, I am mostly convinced that if they have the power they will definitely forcefully convert the whole world to Islam and make us give up pork chops! 100% of all the ~200 Arabs I know are all conservatives, they would even miss important exams to go to pray 5 times daily only because in this country class timings do not give prayer breaks!

Who ever says Muslims are open minded, let me tell you from personal experience all 200 I know are definitely not if if they could they would forcefully convert you at this given moment!]
edit on 23/5/12 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

At restaurants when I oder something which has pork, they make faces and ask me to take it away from them, at cafes whenever I have a beer or two, they treat treat me like a drunk alcoholic who is to be laughed at, not knowing that a beer hardly contains any alcohol and surely does not make you drunk. I just told one of them that I am agnostic and he literally tried to beat me!

My vegan friends:
At restaurants when I oder something which has meat, they make faces and ask me to take it away from them

My "straight cut" friends:
at cafes whenever I have a beer or two, they treat treat me like a drunk alcoholic who is to be laughed at

My religious friends:
I just told one of them that I am athiest and he literally tried to convert me!

I think it's funny that you mention that they are intolerant, you clearly are too. But I get what you are saying, but I'm sorry, I don't believe they intend to convert us all. Well maybe they do, but that IS the stated goal of all of the major religions.

Well no, it isn't, a convert to Judaism isn't a full jew.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No it's just that I don't see this from other communities. My Hindu friends never say anything when I eat beef with them at the same table.

And I bet your vegan friend won't try to convert you. My point is all these from the same person, who try to force their opinion on me, I am not trying to convert them to agnostic believes.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
First of all, everyone should be allowed to do as they please. If you want to eat/drink whatever you please, then everyone should let you. Small mindedness is a bad thing.

About all the Muslims you know, I guess you've just ended up in places with people who either have strong views or kind of small minds.

Where I'm from, everyone's cool here. You do as you please. As long as you're not shoving in down their throat, it's all good.

Sometimes it just depends on where you are and where you know people.

I can walk down certain streets where I live and be beaten up for the colour of my skin, but coz one place is bad ... That doesn't make everyone bad. It just depends on where you are.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No good will come from this thread. Religious [insertreligionofanyflavorhere] drive a lot of people nuts.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Who ever says Muslims are open minded

That's NOT the issue...the issue is you continue to do things around people that make them uncomfortable - remember, you are the minority in that group.

Either adapt or stop hanging with them...

BTW - what are you studying..? It sure isn't Sociology...

link   

Originally posted by Malynn
No good will come from this thread. Religious [insertreligionofanyflavorhere] drive a lot of people nuts.

What's driving me nuts is your avatar!

Howl Howl!!!

link   
reply to post by faryjay

The people you know, how long have they been in your country. I am with Arabs who arrived recently, anywhere from a year to 3 years from their own country.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
All two hundred Muslims that you know are like that?

I know quite a few Muslims here in the States, and none, not one, has even remotely attempted to either 1)convert me. 2) beat me.

Stereotyping a bit, aren't you?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Same question to you as I asked farijay, how long have they been in the states?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yet these people get to you, yet you tend to have Beers and Pork with them.

When I don't get on with people or I don't like their views about me or my actions, I simply make new friends or hang out with more comfortable people.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

I really did not know their true nature till I started going to cafes to eat during breaks.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

But by your statements above, it appears you have been going with them for a while now. Or did all this happen in the "one time" you went out with them?

link   
As opposed to...non-religious muslims?

link   
Well, they wouldn't technically be Muslims, if they weren't religious.
It's not an ethnicity.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

No, it's was more like once beer, few days back for the agnostic comment, today for pepperoni pizza?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Muslims lack those hundreds of years of secularisation western culture has been through. Thus, an average muslim is comparable to a Westboro baptist type of christian, or worse.

For example, 31 % of young British muslims believe apostasy should be punished by death.

Many naive westerners have this image of muslims being like relatively harmless common christians, because thats their idea of a typical religious person. Reality is different, tough.

Source

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Lets just put it this way, you now know 201 Muslims ... Coz I'm one ... And as far as you're concerned you can eat, breathe and sleep with pork and beer that's fine.

See, now you're getting to know Muslims who don't care what you do as long as I'm not having what you have

Your World suddenly is now a better place

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

That's nice to know that there are people who are tolerant of secular ideas. Being agnostic I hate when people try to beat me or convert me. It does not matter to me if you are Muslim or not, religious people, mostly religious Muslims, who try to impose their own ideas on others, really makes me mad!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
LMAO!! At least you had to go through several friends to get all that. Imagine finding all of those qulaties in one person?Wait a minute-i think thats what the OP was alluding to!!!!

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

My vegan friends:
At restaurants when I oder something which has meat, they make faces and ask me to take it away from them

My "straight cut" friends:
at cafes whenever I have a beer or two, they treat treat me like a drunk alcoholic who is to be laughed at

My religious friends:
I just told one of them that I am athiest and he literally tried to convert me!

I think it's funny that you mention that they are intolerant, you clearly are too. But I get what you are saying, but I'm sorry, I don't believe they intend to convert us all. Well maybe they do, but that IS the stated goal of all of the major religions.

Well no, it isn't, a convert to Judaism isn't a full jew.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join