It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Them Guys are Nervous Now !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Oh my. That split screen on C-Span was brutal. I've never seen Bush look so small.

And when they cut to him speaking (pause)........

Stuttering mouth chewing fool would forget Rove's lines half the time, then over repeat them for filler.

No style OR substance.

This was Bush's BEST SUBJECT and he got creamed. Can't wait for the domestic issues debates.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
"The Enemy Attacked Us"

When Bush said that, I fell off the couch. I was actually yelling at my TV for Kerry to pick up on it--I'm glad that he did.

I also thought that it was funny that the split screen was zoomed in closer to make them both look the same height--wonder if that was a concession of some kind because I know the Bush people were worried about the height difference.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I must reiterate, as it just glares in my ind, that the perspective on the debate depending on your politcal viewpoint is astounding.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
After a shaky start kerry did better than bush and that is a fact, and I wish the bush supporters will admit honestly that bush did not did very good.

Yes he came strong on for a minute then kerry took over.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
"No draft, only volunteers" means you will either "volunteer" to fight or "volunteer" to work for the government at home. That's what that American Service bill is. It doesn't force anyone to join the military, but it does force you to work for the government.....I mean "society."

[edit on 30-9-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I was going to vote Bush
but I changed my mind.

FlipFloppers Unite!

Kerry is exceeding my expectations and Bush is just making me laugh.

I also agree with bilateral talks with North Korea but in conjunction with the 6 party talk, which is what I think Kerry says.

[edit on 9-30-2004 by worldwatcher]

Perfect analysis above. And agree on NK talks. It's a no brainer to do both. Yet somehow Bush manages to oppose it.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
oh i have to say this again:

Bush not addressing the Bin Laden issue was big to me, i didn't like how he didn't respond to Kerry's accusation regarding making the wrong choice in going after Bin Laden in the mountains by outsourcing the job and then shifting troops to Iraq.

Imo, Bush is not a good public speaker, but we all knew that already

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I watched the debate on C-Span, and RANT was right, the split screen was not very helpful for President Bush. While both candidates looked 'fidgety' I beleive Bush showed this more. I think that Kerry led as far as presentation goes, but they both had good content.

*Edit: Spelling

[edit on 9-30-2004 by Sarcasimo]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

oh i have to say this again:

Bush not addressing the Bin Laden issue was big to me, i didn't like how he didn't respond to Kerry's accusation regarding making the wrong choice in going after Bin Laden in the mountains by outsourcing the job and then shifting troops to Iraq.

Imo, Bush is not a good public speaker, but we all knew that already

I agree, that's one of the biggest things that stuck out in my mind during the debate. It was like he couldn't bear saying the word "Osama Bin Laden." Then, he tried shifting the blame on some random guy we caught as if that was the purpose all along. Now, who's flip-floppin?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I did notice that, but it appeared to be a leading statement to me, to 'cause' an emotional reaction or a fumble in statement. My thoughts are it was best to not respond to that type of trolling.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

Originally posted by marg6043
At least at one point they were nice to each other and polite, but then Kerry knows more about the nuclear proliferation.

This one of the few areas I actually agree with Bush on. China must play an active role in nuclear talks with NK. Lil Kim will not screw with China like they do everyone else.

Wierd though when you think about it...Bush went it alone with Iraq and Kerry is willing to go it alone with NK.

Kerry's plan wasn't to go it alone--his plan is to accompany the multilateral talks with bilateral US-NK talks, which is what China is asking for anyway. China was citing the lack of trust between NK and the US was causing the talks to fail, which might be resolved by direct talks.

link   
Let watch the polls tomorrow and lets see how well the candidates did.

link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I agree, that's one of the biggest things that stuck out in my mind during the debate. It was like he couldn't bear saying the word "Osama Bin Laden." Then, he tried shifting the blame on some random guy we caught as if that was the purpose all along. Now, who's flip-floppin?

Yeah, that did sort of irk me. Even moreso that Kerry didn't focus on it more.

However, I would like to know the accuracy of those statements.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i think Kerry did a good job at bringing up Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden and what I remember most is him saying the word "kill" right around the same time he was talking about Bin laden.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am a Kerry supporter. I hope the next two debates go as well.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

2 - Bush has dry mouth

It's called cotton mouth, potheads (myself included) get it alot.

[edit on 9/30/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Style and delivery - Kerry
Substance - Bush

Substance - Bush? You have got to be kidding me? What is the substance? Saying the same old generic thing over and over again?

"It's tough work. I understand that." "It's tough work. I understand that." "It's tough work. I understand that." "It's tough work. I understand that." "It's tough work. I understand that." "It's tough work. I understand that."

"I'm resolute. Don't send mixed messages.""I'm resolute. Don't send mixed messages.""I'm resolute. Don't send mixed messages.""I'm resolute. Don't send mixed messages.""I'm resolute. Don't send mixed messages.""I'm resolute. Don't send mixed messages.""I'm resolute. Don't send mixed messages.""I'm resolute. Don't send mixed messages."

link   
I'm proud of Kerry, he did a helluva job. I saw something from Kerry that I had not seen before -- he was strong, persistent, and appeared very much presidential. On the other hand, Bush seemed almost frighteningly outclassed. He stumbled, paused way too often, for way too long. He made very few good points, and he spoke in lowly terms. Whereas Kerry was stating facts, Bush was talking about 'well this is what I feel in my heart.' The reaction shots (which I thought they weren't gonna show?) were especially telling. Even though Bush claimed he was a 'calm guy,' he was clearly perturbed on several occasions at what Kerry said (as the reaction shots showed).

I really hope some of the swing votes take a hard look at this (and future debates). Everyone knows that hardcore Bush supporters will spin this to make it seem as though he won this debate (yea right!). But the swing voters, the ones that are still undecided, know who the obvious winner was. And hopefully this will bring them one step closer to voting for the better candidate, which, after tonight, is clearly John Kerry.

link   
Well I have been browsing over the channels and everything is coming in favor of kerry in this debate.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What was with Kerry saying Bin Laden is in Afghanistan when every piece of intel we have says he is in Pakistan where our troops cant even go.

One thing I thought Bush didnt pick up on was early on in the debate when Kerry talked about sending troops to Iraq without body armour. Wasnt the the same body armour that Kerry voted against?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join