It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Them Guys are Nervous Now !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just started watching the Presidential debates, and I observed two things immediately..

1 - Kerry's hands are shaking..

2 - Bush has dry mouth

They seem to both be pretty nervous.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's even more interesting if you put on C-Span.

They're breaking the rules and showing split screen.

It's pretty obvious they don't know they're on camera.

Bush looks pissed. The whole time Kerry talks. Rolling eyes. Pursing lips.

And Kerry drinks alot of water.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Somehow... this makes me happy. I've been caught up in the politics, scandals and debates and started to forget that these are just a couple of guys.

Nice to know they're still human.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think Kerry made a smart move by getting right in and doing the "hearts and minds" thing. Smart, smart move.

Bush isn't coming across well at all with all this...uhhh...uhhh.............. you know.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I think Kerry made a smart move by getting right in and doing the "hearts and minds" thing. Smart, smart move.

Bush isn't coming across well at all with all this...uhhh...uhhh.............. you know.

They're both doing well IMO. Bush actually sounds like a competent public speaker, and Frankenkerry looks like he got himself a personality.

And yes, they're both fudgeting around a little too much.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Bush looks confused and he looks scare.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That first half hour I thought they both were going to have a stroke.

Now that they are more comfortable things are going to get nasty.....

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Originally posted by Nerdling

They're both doing well IMO. Bush actually sounds like a competent public speaker, and Frankenkerry looks like he got himself a personality.

And yes, they're both fudgeting around a little too much.

Dude, I don't know where you got this whole frankenkerry business, and that he doesn't have a personality...He's always been pretty dynamic, imo...I saw him on the daily show, and laughed my ass off. He takes to the public light like a duck in water. It's not hard to see that he's just another guy...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Is anyone taping this and or going to put it on the net.. and no i dont have a VCR.. i would like to get this on the net somehow...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Dude, I don't know where you got this whole frankenkerry business, and that he doesn't have a personality...He's always been pretty dynamic, imo...I saw him on the daily show, and laughed my ass off. He takes to the public light like a duck in water. It's not hard to see that he's just another guy...

I will admit he's gotten much better from his monotone primary days, but he's occassionally lapsed back into it (When...He...Talks...Like...This while pumping his fist). Anyway, that was a bit of a joke

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It seems that Bush is doing a great job of exposing/implementing Kerry's flip flops. It really is destroying Kerry's credibility.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
That first half hour I thought they both were going to have a stroke.

Now that they are more comfortable things are going to get nasty.....

OH my god that is what my daughter just said.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Kerry is afraid.... see him whine about Bush "breaking the rules" ?

link   

Originally posted by Rain King
It seems that Bush is doing a great job of exposing/implementing Kerry's flip flops. It really is destroying Kerry's credibility.

sorry bush looks confuse and has lost his voice a couple of times.

nothing personal just the debate

link   
See, I'm watching the split-screen here.
I don't see either of them doing anything "questionable" or unprofessional while the other is speaking.

They're both stumbling occasionally, and both are having strong points as well.

Okay, well Bush just burped, or looked like he did. That was pretty funny.

These are good questions.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
See, I'm watching the split-screen here.
I don't see either of them doing anything "questionable" or unprofessional while the other is speaking.

They're both stumbling occasionally, and both are having strong points as well.

Okay, well Bush just burped, or looked like he did. That was pretty funny.

These are good questions.

They got better, but at the beginning they both had a 'deer in headlights' sort of wair.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Criticisms:

Bush - appears to "remember" talking points in the middle of a sentence. Those eureka moments are distracting and it loses alot of its effectiveness.

Kerry - has criticized (which is to be expected) but I was hoping for more details and how he's going to be any better. What little he has detailed is Bush's current plans.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Uh, no, that's not really fear...someone's BREAKING THE RULES.

Like this:

France: Dudes, I don't really want to attack that country. Isn't it against the rules?

USA: Quit whining, you useless frogs. We bailed you out before, and now you're going to cut out on us? Whimps! Losers! Babies! Whiners!

=Not much sense made.

This is the problem with the Bush administration. They can get away with breaking rules, then they beat down anyone who opposes that rule breaking with "hey, quit your whining."

I wonder why this never took hold during the Lewinsky case. At least there was some merit to the 'get over it' argument.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Oh, and BTW, I suggest a pow-wow in the chat room.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I actually think Kerry is doing a better job than Bush at answering the questions. Bush is really on "key" words to get him thru his answers "free" "safer" "freedom".

but final judgement is still up in the air

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join