It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are LOADS Of Jobs Out There, But People Don't Want To Work!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
But that's life, every career decision you make is a gamble
Doesn't mean every gamble you make Govt.(other people) have to bail you out

no, that is reserved for the banksters and corporations who, coincidentally, are responsible in no small part for the despairing situation millions now find themselves in. one man's bailout is another billion men's handout. the system is kinda skewed, much like the logic of saying there are jobs aplenty to be found. reality check.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Illegal immigrants are outsourced work

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
You must have missed the multiple points made by multiple different posters in this thread that sometimes people have kids when things are good and the future looks bright only to have the carpet ripped out from under them and their world turned upside down.

Yep, you must have missed them. Either that or you are confirming my thoughts that you are completely blind to the reality of the world around you.

So what are you saying?
90% of the people has had their rug pulled from them while standing on it?

Just because the rug got pulled under you it's imperative to have a defeatist attitude?

link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Besides......... the fact is simple......America is outsourced. Everyone wants cheap labor/products.

The fact is simple
None of the jobs I mentioned in this thread is outsoursable.

Shame it's a fact that still doesn't help the majority of people out there.

link   
You have two established contractors here on the thread, and both admit right now they are struggling to make ends meet.

How is it then that others will be able to start a new company and succeed, when those currently in the trades are struggling.

Sure, there are illegals in many areas in the trades, and they share a room at someones house with other illegals, not exactly a good situation, because they can't earn decent money. They are only willing to do this because things are even worse in the countries where they come from.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
no, that is reserved for the banksters and corporations who, coincidentally, are responsible in no small part for the despairing situation millions now find themselves in.

If you read my thread history I've always spoken about those issues

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
one man's bailout is another billion men's handout. the system is kinda skewed, much like the logic of saying there are jobs aplenty to be found. reality check.

What do you mean when you say jobs?
Do you mean what I suggested in my OP?
If so how?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So what are you saying?
90% of the people has had their rug pulled from them while standing on it?

What part of everyone has different circumstances and not everyone is able to so easily do the things that you suggest do you not understand? Am I speaking Japanese or something?

Just because the rug got pulled under you it's imperative to have a defeatist attitude?

How is not having a chance being 'defeatist'? Jesus mate, you really must live in Atlantis as another poster suggested.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Shame it's a fact that still doesn't help the majority of people out there.

I can't help them other than making this thread
they have to help themselves

And no that doesn't mean that 100% of people will live easy in a decade

But over 50% of people with a defeatist attitude.... things will be worse for you than they are now

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

How is not having a chance being 'defeatist'? Jesus mate, you really must live in Atlantis as another poster suggested.

what is preventing you from learning a trade job without a degree or certification?
What is preventing you from doing your best to watch youtube videos and go to the book store without buying a book, just stay there 3x a week to read about landscaping?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There are no plumbers hiring. I checked. I keep checking. I keep applying anyway. Not great research basis, you called one plumber and he was busy.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You're a master of pulling nonsense out of your behind, do you know that? Not only do you completely ignore the very valid points many posters have made in this thread in favour of blowing your own illogical horn, but you have a stubbornness that I think could only rival that of a moth repeatedly bashing itself into a lightbulb in the ridiculous hope that it might reach the moon.....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You're a master of pulling nonsense out of your behind, do you know that? Not only do you completely ignore the very valid points many posters have made in this thread in favour of blowing your own illogical horn, but you have a stubbornness that I think could only rival that of a moth repeatedly bashing itself into a lightbulb in the ridiculous hope that it might reach the moon.....

Bullet point what I am missing right now and I will answer everything
Bullet Point it!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
There are no plumbers hiring. I checked. I keep checking. I keep applying anyway. Not great research basis, you called one plumber and he was busy.

When did I say work under another plumber?

What if people thought like me and worked in trade work, saved up
Got a trade education and THEN became a plubmer owning their OWN business?

link   

Bullet point what I am missing right now and I will answer everything
Bullet Point it!

No, or I would be in danger of becoming that same moth analogy. Read the thread carefully, several times over if necessary. It's only 4 pages long, that shouldn't be too much hassle for a programmer.
edit on 19/5/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   
I think one thing that most people here should try to understand is that, actually, everyone is self-employed. We all work for ourselves.

We all offer our services...based on previous experience, education, our initiative, etc...to a prospective client.

That client might be one who is offering a long-term contract with a set rate of pay, standard number of hours every week and benefits. Or he/she/it might only have part-time or temporary work available...in which case you will have to pitch your services to multiple clients over an extended period of time.

And just like any "business", you will have success (or not) in your quest for finding work based on your pricing, your ability, your attitude, your availability, your quality...and whatever else sets you apart from the competition. Another determining factor, obviously, will be the demand in the marketplace for your type of service.

It really does not matter, frankly, if you spent 10 years to become the world's leading VCR Systems Engineer...if you ever want to work again, you are going to have to turn your mind and energies to something else.

Of course, you can sit back and do nothing...or convince yourself that you have no options, no money, no skills, no time...but this will be a self-fulfilling situation. Do nothing at all, and you will accomplish nothing at all.

There are winners and losers in every walk of life...in every field of endevour. And if you are losing today...that doesn't mean you can't be winning tomorrow (and, if you don't keep applying yourself the opposite can be true).

I wish everybody here the best of success !

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Last time I hired someone to paint my house, I had no problem, and the job got done quickly, but that was back in the nineties. Why don't you hire someone else to do the job?

Could it be that you hired the low bidder? What are the odds that when the contractor does start work, you will get a lousy job done? I don't see why you are having such a hard time finding a painter.

I do my own electrical and plumbing, so I have never hired anyone to do that work, so I can't say how hard it is to get such a contractor.

Last time I had carpet installed, the first bid I got was a total scam from some cut rate outfit, so I called someone else in, and got a good job done quickly.

I don't see how people are having such a hard time finding decent contractors, especially in these times.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

No, or I would be in danger of becoming that same moth analogy. Read the thread carefully, several times over if necessary. It's only 4 pages long, that shouldn't be too much hassle for a programmer.
edit on 19/5/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

If you are not scared to do it then bullet point it

Yes only 4 pages
But 4 pages within what timeframe
I just created this thread

Just bullet point it in an organized manner and I will respond to it in an organized manner

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Precisely! If you have VALID skills to offer, there should be no shortage of work for you. If there is an abundance of competion for your particular skill, and you do not excel/shine above the rest, you will need to alter your course of action.

Truly resourceful people will never want for a job. If you cannot find something in ANY economy to offer for the service of pay, then YOU need to decide what you CAN offer. Nobody wants to PAY someone for doing nothing.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Opie, your rant would hold a lot of water if education and training for jobs paying a fair wage was readily available (read: affordable) to the average citizen willing to be serious about the studies and apprenticeship training. As it stands in the USA, schooling costs are flipping astronomical. I understand you claim to have read a $90 book and acquired the knowledge and skills to make $$$, but pardon self, as I'm gonna call you out on that claim. I'm sure there is far more to it all than how simply you are presenting things. I don't have a mind for computer tech, nuclear physics or fixing electronics. I'm a great reader, and sure, I could read any technical manual and look at a device and figure out most things, but that rudimentary knowledge won't get my foot in the door. Never mind the fact that I simply won't have a passion for such work. I'm glad you have success, but don't be so shortsighted as to assume the same fortune is applicable to everyone else. Everyone has a different set of circumstances.

I really don't get why you made this thread, as it is a clear mockery of the dude who made the title of yours in reverse. I don't get why some people can't face it, there is a very real lack of work apparently, worldwide...save for the places work has been shipped off to. Most of us live on very tight budgets as it is, and a simple setback such an unexpected bill is enough to have us reaching in the cookie jar and the precious few pence we had tucked away is gone just like that. Do you suggest we sell our kids to the circus? You know, some of us had kids when things were great and now things simply aren't the same anymore. But we shouldn't have had them huh? What are we supposed to be, fortune tellers and mind readers with money trees planted right out in our backyards? Dude, get real.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'm not playing that stupid game mate, sorry.

If you create a thread then ignore half the posts then don't expect others to do the work for you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join