It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urine Therapy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
There was also a very informative article on Vice.com a month or so ago about this.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Read this chapter from my e-book on Spiritual Consciousness - still to be released

UROPATHY

Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well.
Book of Proverbs 5:15

All we are saying, is give piss a chance.
Anon.

Uropathy, also known as Auto-Urine Therapy, means using your own urine internally or externally as a way to promote and maintain health and wellbeing.

This practice is said to have originated in India over 5000 years ago. An ancient Sanskrit text called the Damar Tantra contains 107 verses explaining the various applications of urine - known as Shivambu in Sanskrit. This information is believed to have come from the teachings of Shiva to his wife and disciple Parvati.

Some of the verses are reproduced here -
One who drinks Shivambu for the duration of a month will be purified internally. Drinking it for two months stimulates and energizes the senses. (11)
Drinking it for three months destroys all diseases and frees one from all troubles. By drinking it for five months, one acquires divine vision and freedom from all diseases. (12)
Continuation of the practice for six months makes the practitioner highly intelligent and proficient in the scriptures, and if the duration is seven months, the practitioner acquires extraordinary strength. (13)
If the practice is continued for eight months, one acquires a permanent glow like that of gold, and if it is continued for nine months, one is freed from tuberculosis and leprosy. (14)
Ten months of this practice makes one a veritable treasury of luster. Eleven months of it would purify all the organs of the body. (15)
A man who has continued the practice for a year becomes the equal of the sun in radiance. He who has continued for two years conquers the element Earth. (16)
If the practice is continued for three years, one conquers the element of Water, and if it is continued for four years, the element Light is also conquered. (17)
He who continues the practice for five years conquers the element Air, and he who continues it for seven years conquers pride. (18)
Continuation of the practice for eight years enables one to conquer all the important elements of Nature, and continuation of it for nine years frees one from the cycle of birth and death. (19)
One who has continued the practice for ten years can fly through the air without effort. One who has continued it for eleven years is able to hear the voice of his soul (inner self). (20)
He who has continued the practice for twelve years will live so long as the moon and the stars last. He is not troubled by dangerous animals such as snakes, and no poisons can kill him. He cannot be consumed by fire, and can float on water just like wood. (21)
If you are interested in reading all of the verses, you can find them in the book The Golden Fountain, The complete guide to Urine Therapy by Coen Van Der Kroon (Wishland, 1996).

It has been scientifically proven that urine is not a toxic waste product and is completely sterile after secretion. Urine is nearly all water - about 95%.
Of the rest, 2.5% is urea and the other 2.5% a complex mixture of minerals, salt, hormones and enzymes. Toxic substances are removed from the body through the skin, intestines, liver and breath. The kidneys main function are maintaining the health of the blood, not the filtering of waste products.
The subject of Auto-Urine Therapy has been included in this book because there is significant evidence supplied by many Yoga practitioners of the enormous benefits of drinking urine to assist in spiritual practice.

It is not entirely clear why this is so, but there is some scientific evidence to suggest that the presence of the hormone ‘melatonin’ in the middle part of the secreted urine could be responsible for the feelings of calm and peacefulness experienced by those practicing Uropathy.

It is possibly easier to understand the function of urine as a mood-adjuster by looking at it from a vibrational medicine view-point. In the healing system of Homoeopathy, which is an energetics based modality, there are no active constituents found in the prescribed remedies. The preparations are diluted to such an extent that all that remains in the end product are the carrier substances and the energy of the original substance.

Could it be that urine is another form of vibrational / energetic medicine? After all it is nearly all water.

The following information is provided to assist you in your pursuit of spiritual states of consciousness. It is certainly easier to explore the deep chasms of our spiritual self when we are feeling more emotionally stable, vital, and high spirited.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
REST OF CHAPTER

Drinking ones own urine can produce these feelings of well being, and if you believe the words of Shiva, there are no limits to what you can accomplish once you begin drinking the golden elixir.

Drinking the first urine of the day is best, taking only the middle stream. Start with a small quantity (2-3 tablespoons), then slowly increase the amount to 1 cup. In the Damar Tantra, Shiva advises that you face east while collecting your urine.

The first time you drink your own urine it may be rather difficult. It is likely to have a strong smell and the taste can be very bitter. You might experience the gagging reflex or even the desire to vomit. Don’t let this put you off. Take small sips and hold your nose if that helps.

Rinse out your mouth with a small amount of fresh water afterwards to clear away any lingering taste.

Do not eat for at least an hour after ingesting your urine.

Yogis recommend that you take your own urine at around 4 – 6 am in the morning. It is certainly easier to drink urine at this time - it is less bitter and the aroma is more appealing.
If you are doing lucid dream or OBE work simultaneously with urine therapy, then it would be a good idea to incorporate that into your nightly routine. In the hour or so before dawn it is very still and meditation practice comes easily.

If you are having difficulties swallowing your urine it could be that you’re dehydrated and need to drink more water during the day. It is always a good idea to drink half a glass of water before going to bed. This will make your urine more palatable and induce the desire to get up earlier.

The more you get into the habit of drinking your urine each morning, the easier it will become. After a few weeks you will start to enjoy the practice and begin to notice a change in your general mood.

It is recommended that you abstain from urine therapy if you are taking any type of drugs, including caffeine, nicotine and alcohol. It is also advisable and just good common sense to adhere to a regime of eating fresh organic produce. Limit and control your intake of salt and spices. Also exercise regularly – at least half an hour each day.

The more you look after yourself, the more you will notice the effects of auto-urine therapy.

PEACE OUT

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think it's the testosteron in the urine which does the job ?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Pee is fantastic for your skin.

Yes!
And it smells really nice too!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

totally hillarious

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
all about drinking urine of a schizophrenic :-) is GOOD

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if it's good for me or not, because there is something in the core of my being that says "it's wrong to drink pee and rub it all over your body." And usually that inner voice is right.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
This practice is said to have originated in India over 5000 years ago. An ancient Sanskrit text called the Damar Tantra contains 107 verses explaining the various applications of urine - known as Shivambu in Sanskrit. This information is believed to have come from the teachings of Shiva to his wife and disciple Parvati.

Shiva and wife conversation circa 5000 years ago:

S: Man these people are such blind followers, I bet if I told them to drink their own piss that they would!
P: No way, they're gullible but not THAT gullible.
S: Is that a challenge?
P: Yes, yes it is! There's just no way you can pull that one off!
S: You just watch, I'll write up a bunch of verses about it and I bet people will still be drinking their own piss thousands of years from now!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Did I miss something?? was is a sting or a puncture that killed that steve guy???

ADDING: I also heard that urine was a mouthwash in the dark ages because of the ammonia that kills plack( how the hell do you spell that? brain fart...
.)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Really and even boxers do it...Something must be good about it...

Boxers are a positive advertisement for drinking your own urine? Surely you're taking the piss?
That pugilist must have been hit in the head a few too many times.

Nope, I'll stick with my healthy diet and keep pissing on the lemon tree...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have also heard this "can" be good for most people, or confer some benefit, but only in moderation. It can be extremely dangerous for your body if done every single day. I would say that maybe once a week, or no more than twice, but this is just what I have heard. Never done all that much looking into it to be honest.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Very interesting although if I tried that out now it would taste like beer

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somethingintheclouds

Very interesting although if I tried that out now it would taste like beer

Would it really taste like beer?

Or would it taste like Coors Light?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I am drinking Carlsberg lol

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Somethingintheclouds

That's an acceptable brew.
I was equating the taste of Coors Light (substandard American light ?beer?) with urine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join