It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Wave of Anti-NATO Protests Hit Chicago..Chicagoans Push Back!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Interesting development as the Summit grows ever nearer. Apparently, the locals are not to pleased to have some Ruckus Rousing out of towners roaming through their neighborhoods.

Chicago isn’t exactly a hotbed of homespun America and apple pie motivated sentiment. But apparently even the residents of Chicago have limits regarding what they’ll tolerate in their neighborhood. And one of those limits is, apparently, anarchist and communist protesters.

Today marks a moment when radical Leftist anti-NATO demonstrations in the city, affiliated with “Occupy NATO,” are hitting their stride. And as with all Leftist demonstrations, black bloc tactics are involved. To that end, a group of masked thugs from the protests went to the trouble of taking over Chicago’s Halsted Street, even going so far as laying down in front of a police station.

This did not sit well with the neighbors. A video posted today at Breitbart.com shows increasingly agitated residents of the city of Chicago reacting as only Chicagoans can react to the antics of these protesters.

This is just the beginning It will only heat up from here. The radicals will not only face opposition from local and federal authority, they will face resistance from the locals. Good for the Locals!!! who have to live with this mess.

Hit the link for some video of the Black Maskers and the locals

www.theblaze.com...

The protesters began their self proclaimed FTP (F*ck the Police) march Tuesday evening by startling unsuspecting residents. The demonstrators were a roving mob, covered in black, head to toe. Most, of course, donned face-concealing bandanas and carried red and/or black flags (communist and/or anarchist, respectively).

I interviewed several neighbors in the area who had no idea what was going on.; some thought there were fights in the street. One area resident said, “It was scary.”

Other residents found common ground with those protesters who were marching against police brutality. However, when informed that the protest consisted of a large group of communists and anarchists, only a few neighbors remained comfortable with the group marching through their neighborhood.

One woman I interviewed said her son had joined the march “against police brutality,” unaware of who the group was, and “wanted to go get him” after she found out.

www.breitbart.com...

Just the first step to see how far they can push...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Sounds like its going to be pretty intense during the summit- Could be protesters working to get a riot going- and not keep it peaceful you know!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
These protesters are calling for Anarchy and Communism? That is exactly what Bilderberg wants. This is all staged by scumbag government and corrupt politicians.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Look familiar?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Protestors must use their video cameras and work with one another.
When they see a black block criminal commit an illegal act, they must place these criminals under a citizens arrest.
Get them on film, apprehend, and refilm after unmasking, also film the hand off to the police.
That should lobk down these criminals pretty well, it will also give the protesters an incentive to stay legal and clean.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Whoa! Those guys are Anarchists...? Oh God, and they're Communists?!?!??!!!?!? They must be bad because that's what the media says right?

Right?

As a due-paying member of the CPUSA(Communist Party) I can tell you with 100% sureness that the bilderbergs most definitely do not want communism. At least not communism as Marx envisioned it.

But on the other hand i'm sure the bilderbergs HATES what NATO does throughout the world(kill children)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

To that end, a group of masked thugs from the protests went to the trouble of taking over Chicago’s Halsted Street, even going so far as laying down in front of a police station.

The irony is, they chose a neighborhood where most people don't trust the police. They had better do a bit more research and try a new plan.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Also I almost forgot. You trust breitbart.com and theblaze.com to be unbiased when dealing with the left? Really?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
People are not exactly happy with these international organizations at the moment, but they are also not happy with Anarchist/Communist lunatics rampaging around their city. At almost every event that has a large Anarchist turnout you can guarantee destruction of private property, obnoxious screaming, and annoying forms of protest like lying down in front of a police station. The majority of people, any people really, desire law and order. If the government cannot adequately perform their specified duties then the citizens will often come out to defend their neighborhoods by chasing away these left-wing lunatics without regard for their cause.

I do not like NATO either, the North Atlantic Terrorist Organization, but doing the types of protests these people are known for is not going to help anything. Anarchists and their Communist brothers in arms should get lost; no one wants them around because they are a nuisance. But like some other group of fanatics I can think of, they sincerely believe everyone else agrees with their cause or are “ignorant”.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boot2theface
reply to post by jibeho

Also I almost forgot. You trust breitbart.com and theblaze.com to be unbiased when dealing with the left? Really?

Where else would an open minded free thinking individual go to find the exact flavor of news they love and have it spoon fed to them with great big spoons.

Whether a site be slanted left or right, if they believe their opinion to be correct 100 percent of the time, that would lead me to believe they can't be trusted but I don't suppose some people can draw that same conclusion, they are perfectly happy with reading exactly what they want to hear and shutting out anything that would differ from their opinion regardless of what the truth may be.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Oh, look... the police are getting more organized in their protest efforts.

What is it about cops that draws them to communism? Geez.
edit on 17-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ha, this is crazy. I live in Chicago, SW side near midway airport. The area they were in is close to where the WhiteSox play. The cops have been preparing for this for months, looks like they are gonna get what they are expecting becuase of this group of crazies trying to incite violence.

I wish they would come in my neighborhood. They would probly get dealth with quickly. 8th District CPD doesnt play. I support the cause, but not the method these jackwagons are employing to get their message accross. Its only gonna get people hurt. And believe me, the CPD is more than prepared.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
it was only a matter of time before people like the protesters realize that they are in fact a foreign element disturbing the lives of people who aren't interested in their personal opinions.

I wonder how many people the protesters are willing to murder in order to make people submit to their will.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Halsted runs from the far north to the far south passing the neighborhoods that could easily be considered a sample of the entire planet and every person on it....which part of Halsted?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I watched part of this live, on Tim Pool's Ustream. It wasn't Occupy just to clarify, this was a "F*** the Police March" (pardon) and personally I get the anger and I support their free speech but I didn't like their method at all.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
the protesters detest violence and say it is not the way to resolve conflicts.

then they elaborate and explain that they are speaking only of physical violence as bad and that emotional and mental violence are legitimate forms of violence; coincidentally, those are the forms of violence they will employ.

www.chicagotribune.com... 77262.story

i'm just happy that they revealed this about themselves at the beginning of their performance.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Halsted runs from the far north to the far south passing the neighborhoods that could easily be considered a sample of the entire planet and every person on it....which part of Halsted?

Which part would you choose if you wanted to stage an anti-police demonstration? (Incidentally, I put that honor on Devon. :
: )

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boot2theface
reply to post by jibeho

How amusing.... The local stations were not carrying the story and neither were the other outlets. Wonder why??

Journalism is a different beast these days. Sorry, I no longer trust the evening news...

Do you have any evidence to suggest this did not happen?? Or just playing the attack the source game??

Just lies Pardon the language in this video

This just a lie too because you didn't see it on MSNBC
marathonpundit.blogspot.com...
edit on 17-5-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Devon is mostly and indian/pakistani neighborhood. i think Halsted stops at Peterson.

a friendly spot for protesters along that stretch would probably be around Lincoln Park...the young people in that area may be cordial at the very least.

its funny to me that India and Pakistan fight with one another and are situated side by side on the globe and in Chicago, when they came here, they moved in adjacent communities.

edit on 17-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join