It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I refused to disclose my annual income to PAYPAL and they froze my funds !

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Can't read all 17 pages, but to the OP, I don't think eBay/PayPal allow you to transact directly bank-to-bank, as this is what it sounds like you were trying to do. They absolutely want you to process all payments through PayPal.

Through eBay, a buyer had messaged me "can I just send you the payment directly through PayPal, and skip eBay?" and I was banned for following through with this. eBay/PayPal need their connection together, and the commissions from both sides.

I've been selling on eBay since 2003, and have had many accounts banned, many payments held, refunded, if I don't follow their guidelines word for word, and for a multitude of reasons. I have to now use a spoofed IP/fake name/gift card for address verification to continue selling, because my name and address are banned.

If you do follow their rules, provide them the information they need, eBay is the best place to sell wholesale (or anything really) with the most exposure and customization.

For anyone interested, check out this forum board that covers being banned by eBay and PayPal, avoid payments being held, avoid requirements to submit your s-s-n, etc.

www.aspkin.com...

Peace.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Are you sure your Paypal account(s) wasn't hacked?
Or they hacked your only account, and created a new one used for hacking?

Read this: Paypal hacked

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
omg... before anything happen, is there possibility user clicked a link from fake paypal email?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How hard is it to keeping your private information private in today's world?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

I use a Wal-Mart Moneycard with Paypal and have never had any problems. Wal-Mart charges $3 per deposit on the card but there is no risk to you if the card gets stolen. That way if you ever have any problems with the card or Paypal all you have to do is get a new card. I think if you sell something on Ebay the funds get deposited on the card.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

Hmmm, so a rechargable walmart debit card? I used to get prepay all the time, but I never found one that was rechargable. It is anon as well?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No, not exactly. They still want your name and info like your social security number but if you want you can still spend the money you put on it and skip the private information form but if you do that you can only use it once.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I'm sorry this has happened to you. I have had the same problem some yrs ago as a seller. I was doing 2-4 k a month in sales and they req1uested proof of purchase well long story short they locked 3k of my money for 6 months. I did not give them any documentation but had to wait the 6 months. But i was able to get my revenge and it cost them more then 3 k. they had to suck my shinny buff blk a-ss Good luck file a complaint FTC

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
PayPal is like using a credit card.
Credit Card companies have a right to ask what your income is.
They are extending credit and can get burned if you can't pay.
Although I hate giving up our income information, it can be necessary to receive/use credit.

WHO TOLD YOU THIS THEY ARE NOT LIKE ANY CREDIT CARD COMPANY A MIDDLE MAN THEY DO NOT GIVE ANY CREDIT UNLESS YOU USE THIER CREDIT CARD OFFERS YOU ARE USING YOUR OWN CREDIT/ DEBT

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am in internet marketing and i am using Paypal for many years already, with only minor issues.
However, i know from many other people in the same business who had accounts frozen, not $300...but sometimes accounts with $10.000 or even more.

You made some mistakes, i am afraid.

Fact is that there is LOTS of fraud going on with paypal and online transactions, believe me scammers are everywhere.

ANYONE who opens a Paypal account, at some point, will be required to submit proof of ID and address, that is scans and copies of documents with the address on it. For a new account there is a threshold which i think is $2500 where the account is temporary frozen until all the documents are supplied.

(I myself had a minor issue onec because i had to explain the fact to them that here in Spain, on "legal" documents there are always two (!) last names..which makes the name on my paypal not match EXACTLY the name on my bills etc...and it took a few days to explain this to them)

Anyway, YOUR mistake was that you made a new paypal account and immediately did a relatively high transaction, likely some transaction country country, ebay etc. which is always considered "high risk" because many scams etc. work that way.

I also understand you declined to give them your information, eg. your income, what you are expecting to get on your account etc..etc... They need this information to determine what a "normal" transaction on your paypal would be....to detect when and IF a transaction COULD be fraudulent, suspicious etc.

For example, if someone has an online business selling stuff, with an average monthly money flow of, say, $1000...if all of a sudden a HUGE sum like $10.000 would be transferred it would raise suspicions since such amounts usually would not be transferred on this account.

In addition, you had a brand-new account where they (likely) did not establish what a "normal" transfer would be, they also didnt have your information, proof of ID and address etc...and (as far as i understood)...you got angry with them as well and refused to co-operate them. This is silly.

You could likely have resolved this by just complying to their silly requirements, which (to some extent) have merit seeing there is so many scams and fraud going on. They NEED to protect buyers/sellers. By getting angry at them you hardly resolved anything....IN PARTICULAR seeing it was a new account and they don't know you. (Different story if you are with them for a long time already, already called them, faxed your documents etc)

The funny thing is, that "routine review" was just a random, routine review which can happen occasionaly especially with new accounts. You turned the random, routine review of an otherwise legit transaction which could have been resolved easily in two days into a problem because of your own ignorance and childish/unprofessional behavior.

edit on 19-5-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
File a police report that Paypal stole your money.

Hire a lawyer to file a Lien against Paypal's Headquarters office (the building) with the original debt owed you of $320 plus 10% interest compounded daily plus attorney fees.

Takes money to get money. Don't let them get away with robbing you.

That was Australian money Paypal stole, notify your Country's Treasury and write all the letters you can in all the newspapers there.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE! Any lawyer would LOVE to slap his name on a legitimate suit against PayPal! I know I would...but I'm not a lawyer. I've used paypal a bunch for international sales of bicycles and racing equipment and nevr had a problem, but if they ever froze $X,XXX in a single transaction, I'd sue them until the company was called PayXterrain! LOL

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Paypal should be shut down!

they preach about customer protection but really cant do anything for you if you get ripped off....ill never use pay pal again!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
The item was completely harmless and innocuous ... it was just 300 gms of pure silver in the form of small "buttons".

Ah there we have it, obviously PayPal is run by dolls, and they were getting you back for stealing their buttons they had for eyes. These dolls are getting way too much control.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
They cannot hold on to your money indefinately, that is called theft where I come from. Do you have small claims courts in Oz like in the UK. If so take them to court and make sure you do not settle outside of court as it will cost them a fortune in legal fees.

Basically it says right in his letter, that if there is no charge backs that he gets his money. So it seems that they are simply saying, that he had triggers an anti fraud protection, and that he has more than one account, and for all we know they got something from more than one Ebay account, and that they are holding the money in case there was something stolen.

So for example I am sure the OP is honest, but how do we know he did send the buttons idea. And they are saying, that they are waiting 180 days for someone to complain and make a perfect claim.

Kind of strange for sure, however myself I got caught up in one of these from them last year, and I had to send in my new ID's by triggering it after I moved out of my home area, and they noticed I think the IP's I was using was different.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I wouldn't divulge any information to them if I were you.
I don't know anything about PayPal, never used it. So having said that, how come I get these similar emails from PayPal asking me to verify my account? What account?
So my advice is to ignore the emails, they most likely aren't really Paypal.

Never , ever give out your personal banking , credit card information unless you initiated it.

Even if it is PayPal, do not give them your private information.
edit on 21-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

Including this link you should read for tips on phishing
Fake PayPal
emails

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i have a feeling lotsa large companies out there have these practices simply for the interest they can earn on your money. imagine if paypal does this to a thousand people a day. thats a huge stack of money that will build up quickly and start to earn them a nice profit from interest.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The overall point here is obvious and overwhelming, and I tried to relay the same in a much earlier post in this thread.

If you are new to Paypal, and especially if you enrolled into it , just to resolve the payment of a recent transaction, make sure you do not conduct any major business with them until you have a bit of a track record.

If you come out of the box with a huge transaction pending, you are going to come up with some problems, especially if you have some dubious financial problems in the past.

They are really tuned in to scams, most of it in an autonomic, computer algorithmic presence, which really does set off all sorts of internal flags. This is both bad and good.

Bad for the instant gratification of payment of a questionable transaction, and good for you, if someone tries to scam you. It is the nature of this bad, bad world where there are so many out there that would take your money in a heartbeat if it were not for some real diligence in the authentication of legitimate users.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They suspended my personal account in the same manner with no explanation, i closed my business account that was generating them at least 15k a month in fees and i will never deal with them again, this was 4 years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join