It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Breaking - Ron Paul to end active campaigning. - CNN

Texas Rep. Ron Paul said in a statement Monday that he will end active campaigning in the GOP presidential race, but will continue efforts to win delegates at state conventions.

So, it looks like it's official, which makes me sad. ATS, what are your opinions on this matter?

The main question I have, why continue to seek delegates, when you are pretty much removing yourself from the nomination. Would someone be able to clarify if I am misunderstanding this?

Thank You

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If he still receives the amount of delegates needed, will he still run? I guess I'm confused as to whether he is quitting now, or just not making the stops around the country talking to his potential voters.

Does this end the possibility of Paul being the president?
edit on 14-5-2012 by Daemonicon because: spelling

+70 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Don't worry. He's not giving up. This is just an end to "active" campaigning. There's less and less reason to be spending the big bucks on the campaign trail when that money can better be spent on a decisive delegate/convention strategy.

Shocker that CNN finally breaks news about Ron Paul and then spins it as though he's dropping out.

ETA: Don't listen to anything CNN says when it comes to Ron Paul

Go Here for Ron Paul Election News

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA #2: Straight from the horse's mouth...

“We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.” – Ron Paul

Source
edit on 5/14/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

That was the impression I got, but I figured being the type of guy Ron Paul is, that if he was just flat out dropping out, he wouldn't force us to get the news from CNN or the like, he would address us directly. (probably from his website)

+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So he is conceding the two biggest States, Texas and California, to Romney.

Somehow I don't think Paul supporters are going to realize the signifcance of this annoucement.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

CNN comes out to say that? Well, please do not take it seriously. Though I admit, I about had a heart-attack when I read the headline. I thought maybe it was a troll with a dumb prediction.... Scary.

+40 more 
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Somehow I don't think Paul supporters are going to realize the signifcance of this annoucement.

Now you're no worse than CNN...spinning this just as they do.
He hasn't conceded anything, OS, and you know that.

link   
It's because the multi-nationals don't give him any money. If Romney didn't get his big donations, maybe he'd have to do the same thing?

It is sad that money came down to him having to stop.

EDIT: Campaigning, that is.
edit on 14-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As a Brit, does this mean he will now run as an independant? Or is he throwing the towel in? Whats the point of going for delegates?
The game is stilling playing out. Guess we can only wait and see.

link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Now you're no worse than CNN...spinning this just as they do. He hasn't conceded anything, OS, and you know that.

This is from his own release on his website.

We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

"Carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention"

Doesn't sound like that is a man who is still trying to win the nomination.

+28 more 
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

I just got the email from the Ron Paul campaign about it. He is no longer going to actively campaign in primary states. Honestly, whats the point? There's no reason to spend money in states that count dead people as votes. The GOP wants Romney, but they are having a very hard time getting the delegates. It's very clear to me by now that Romney just doesn't have the real existing support they keep lying to us about.

This country is broken, the voting system is totally rigged from the start, and the media tries to help it along.. And people wonder why the Ron Paul people are so passionate and actively fighting against this joke. Everyone else just sits on their butts and watches it happen.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Not sure why people are doubting this...it's on Ron Paul's own website.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

“As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

“I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I knew he didn't really want to be president. I think it's about time he realized the obvious. If he wasn't dropping out, I don't think he wouldn't have made this announcement.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
By him giving those States to Romney, the USA as we know it in the next 4 years will be...

god I can't even think about it. I really can't.
I'm now officially terrified of this government.

Let the people continue on where Ron stood down, then. He woke hundreds of thousands of voices in this Country. I'm pretty sure after this 4 years, the rest of the Country will finally wake up too.
I can only hope.

I think that was a bad move by Paul personally.
So who to vote for now?
The current baddie or the other same kinda wolf?

If Ron don't run, I'll write him in even if he doesn't allow for write ins. I 'd rather my vote go to my principles than to A or B who will ultimately destroy this place once and for all.

Sad day for America. Sad sad day indeed.

Why would he give up? WHY? Of all people why him?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Word is that with the eventual collapse of the global economy. And the arrest of the Bankers and politicians. Ron will become the president for a intermediate amount time just. So this might be just a sign that he is actually ready for the banking collapse. That or he is waiting for the Tampa convention
edit on 14-5-2012 by dron020 because: spelling error

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It shows he wasn't serious in the first place. Just like last time, Paul bails on all his supporters. He could just as well have kept campaigning for delegates in states where they have not yet been chosen. If we were to believe the Paul supporters, "this election is much closer than you can possibly imagine."

Well??????

What happened to all those "unbound" stealth delegates?

What happened to "Ron Paul math"?

What happened to all the Paul Bots calling the rest of us idiots and delusional for pointing out the obvious?

Here ya go, Paul Guys. After all your hard work your Great Leader has abandoned you.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

C'mon now. That type of talk is not the intent of this thread, nor is it conducive to a healthy discussion.

This is not a barbecue, and I am not a cook. Flame off!
edit on 14-5-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
It shows he wasn't serious in the first place. Just like last time, Paul bails on all his supporters. He could just as well have kept campaigning for delegates in states where they have not yet been chosen. If we were to believe the Paul supporters, "this election is much closer than you can possibly imagine."

Well??????

What happened to all those "unbound" stealth delegates?

What happened to "Ron Paul math"?

What happened to all the Paul Bots calling the rest of us idiots and delusional for pointing out the obvious?

Here ya go, Paul Guys. After all your hard work your Great Leader has abandoned you.

Ron Paul didn't abandon anyone, it's actually less sensational than that. He ran out of money.

Regardless, I'm still voting for Ron Paul.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ron Paul supporters should now unite with the OWS movement and the Resistance movement. And together we should start a real Peace full revolution. The time is now to take back our world. Only united can we take down the Banking Cartel. Elizabeth Warren has just called out Jamie Dimon for his association with the Federal Reserve.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thank god! Maybe we won't have a proud racist as president after all!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join