It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about "New Agers"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by nii900

The ideas of Tesla definitely fit into the Aquarian model of advanced technology and electricity.

well.. I think its as old as the universes' museum of thoughts although evolved in a sence of a mediums used those are all re-connected by the same linear-thought methodology fractals spiraling powers-needed apo-caliy-psi-revelations of the interlocked system of dream introduction pro/for.of/off the change in its very through imposed ..so
see the link

and link in it this too as an add Text...............The contents of this museum are of the most varied character. They appear to be intended as a kind of illustration of the whole process of evolution. For example, there are here the most life-like images of every type of man which has existed on this planet from the commencement-- from gigantic loose-jointed Lemurians to pigmy remains of even earlier and less human races. Models in alto relievo show all the variations of the surface of the earth-- the conditions before and after the great cataclysms which have changed it so much. Huge diagrams illustrate the migrations of the different races of the world, and show exactly how far they spread from their respective sources. Other similar diagrams are devoted to the influence of the various religions of the world, showing where each was practised in its original purity, and where it became mingled with and distorted by the remains of other religions.

58. Amazingly life-like statues perpetuate the physical appearance of certain of the great leaders and teachers of long-forgotten races; and various objects of interest connected with important and even unnoticed advancements in civilization are preserved for the examination of posterity. Original manuscripts of incredible antiquity and of priceless value are here to be seen-- a manuscript, for example, written by the hand of the Lord Buddha Himself in His final life as Prince Siddartha, and another written by the Lord Christ during His birth in....

a word m-and-ala

so its maybe just a zodiacal thing new new age ..not a real and universall provoking awareness
edit on 15-5-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Of course it is. As are the god complexes and self delusional raving and rantings of these new age con men.

What many of the authors and speakers talk of is partially the right idea.saying and doing are two entirely different things though.

As I said earlier,any idea,theory,subject,religion can be taken out of context,misused and marketed for profit. that does not make the original content or intention wrong or false.

And so you fail to understand human nature. If you don't want to be number one, there are over 7 billion that will take that spot because they falsely believe it offers easy living. Do you know there are death squads going around from town to town killing and raping? You propose to stop that by singing kumbaya and handing out flowers? Not going to work. IF you want to talk about people who add to the problem, look no further than those who wish to offer solutions. That would be you.

You fail,to see many things.which is obvious by your inability to understand where I was coming from. you are the one who thinks that they understand human nature.keep living that lie."Survival of the fittest" mentality.."it is human nature,we have and will always be like this". That is a lie and the excuse we keep telling ourselves.

I never said change would be easy.flower giving out or singing? pathetic insults and putting words in my mouth

I am part of the problem? for offering solutions,for having hope?

I am adding to the problem because I would like to live in a world without suffering,without hate,murder,rape,oppression,greed,people that are homeless and starving?

No,your attitude is part of the problem because you fail to realize that as long as we continue to act the way we do,Think the way we do and even worse,accept it as our inherent nature,we will never have any kind of substantial,positive change.

Hubris and Arrogance...Nice talking to ya.

edit on 15-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by Cauliflower

Define 'new-age religions'...??

As I understand it, by definition the New Age is a wishy-washy movement (not a religion) where participants choose what they want to believe.

The New Age consists of Pick n Mix spirituality, much of which is based in occult (hidden) knowledge (knowledge is hidden for the simple reason that it can be dangerous!). All of the relevant occult knowledge found in the New Age movement is utilised by Satanists who claim 'Do what thou wilt' for no other reason than it demonstrates their rebellion against God, the Universe and Everything - the Natural Law, if you like.

All belief systems, including Christianity, are merely facets on the gem of the ulitimate gem of truth. By combining many of these belief systems the discerning spiritualist can filter out much of the inherent crap which comes along with all religions/systems of belief and attempt to get a little closer to that ultimate Truth.

Also Crowely was the one who termed the phrase 'do what thou wilt' and he was not a Satanist. He was an occultist with a gigantic ego. Big difference.

edit on 15/5/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
timeloop .....a necessity?

Year 2012 NOT a Doomsday Precise Hindu Calender www.youtube.com...

Top Secret link

jon galt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthegrail View Post
Time is not a true dimension, it is simply how we record a pattern of change in space. The past is how matter and energy used to be organised whilst the future is how it will come to be organised - the whole thing "moving on the spot" rather than travelling along a "road".

true (nicely put btw)but time is also relative to your position and speed in the universe ie what is the past to one observer may be the future to an other for example two space ships traveling at different speeds towards an exploding star that is visible to both the faster one would see the explosion first his past would be the others future, if that makes sense. the same event observed at different points in time and none would be any more accurate than the other. although im not sure about backwards time travel ie the grandfather paradox, due to the relative nature of time if you travel at a fast enough speed you can go forward, the faster you go the slower time passes for you in relation to the rest of the universe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by jon galt; 15-05-2012 at 10:00 AM.

knightofthegrail

Time is not a true dimension, it is simply how we record a pattern of change in space. The past is how matter and energy used to be organised whilst the future is how it will come to be organised - the whole thing "moving on the spot" rather than travelling along a "road".

__________________ Backwards time travel

edit on 15-5-2012 by nii900 because: (must be filled out):

edit on 15-5-2012 by nii900 because: again

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

What have you done to change the way things are?

I don't believe it is in your realm of possibilities to believe, whatever it is, that I have changed.

I know I can't change the planet, so I stuck with the little bits here and there, such as steering people away from insanity. I've witnessed those who can change and those who are intent on nothing but destruction, be it self-destruction(values, physical self, grip on reality) to destruction of others through words and (hidden) actions. And this whole "new age" nonsense, is seeking to destroy through words. It destroys history. It destroys reason. It takes a message, repeats it with a twist and pretends it's an original, completely new message, while it's been around for centuries. Then, the new agers, take these century old scriptures and try to detract value from them as to put more value on the "new age" nonsense and of course, to pretend that they(the new agers) know some kind of secret while the rest doesn't...unless they give in. "New age" bullcrap IS a religion - bordering on the cult type, and those who profess it as if they were prophets or messiahs are false prophets. PERIOD.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

The contradiction i see is, you say there is no doctrine and well before language was invented
please elaborate for us why you say it therefor exists do you even know ? damn at least religion exists with rough dates on these things

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Crystals are exactly what you speak of. They have a geomagnetic resonance to them. Search and you will find your own answers.

speaking of searching for answers have you found that doctrine yet if not then you cannot claim "new agers"
has been going for this long and that long etc if one makes such wild claims one has to back it up with something

peace out

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by PerfectPerception

What have you done to change the way things are?

I don't believe it is in your realm of possibilities to believe, whatever it is, that I have changed.

I know I can't change the planet, so I stuck with the little bits here and there, such as steering people away from insanity. I've witnessed those who can change and those who are intent on nothing but destruction, be it self-destruction(values, physical self, grip on reality) to destruction of others through words and (hidden) actions. And this whole "new age" nonsense, is seeking to destroy through words. It destroys history. It destroys reason. It takes a message, repeats it with a twist and pretends it's an original, completely new message, while it's been around for centuries. Then, the new agers, take these century old scriptures and try to detract value from them as to put more value on the "new age" nonsense and of course, to pretend that they(the new agers) know some kind of secret while the rest doesn't...unless they give in. "New age" bullcrap IS a religion - bordering on the cult type, and those who profess it as if they were prophets or messiahs are false prophets. PERIOD.

I agree with much of what you say here about misleading and/or charlatans. I just think you may of misunderstood exactly where I was coming from in my first post.

my point was not about new age authors,speakers,charlatans,prophets or even "new age" religions.

I despise anyone,no matter what field of study/subject matter,who would purposely mislead & steal from individuals based on lies with ulterior motives for personal gain.

That is why I say the ideas and truths behind some of the different topics/aspects of the 'New Age' are not the problem,some of those 'new age' ideas very well could be the solution and contain a lot of wisdom.

I look at it as a way of thinking,feeling and believing...Being.

A new way of life,for all of us. Without the pain,suffering,starvation,hate and sorrow that is presently running rampant on our planet.

I can understand skepticism/disbelief,that is ones prerogative and choice.

I just want a better world,a better way of living,for all.

nothing more,nothing less.

ETA: there is plenty of wisdom and love to be found in many different religions & beliefs,you do not have to agree with them all or every single detail in order to learn something of value that resonates with you.

That is why I consider myself 'spiritual'. It is a journey I have been on for a very long time,in search of the answers to the questions that have plagued my mind ever since I can remember.

I may never find the absolution I desire but then again, maybe it is the journey not the destination that is the point? that we never stop asking questions,never stop seeking to know and understand more. to better ourselves so that maybe we can help others.

I like to think along the same lines as far as creation is concerned. it does not matter how we got here at the end of the day,creation/evolution,the miracle is that we are here

Of course that does not stop me from racking my brain wondering the how and why we are here

edit on 15-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Wow. Feel better after your tanty? I know nothing makes me feel better than an enormous rant full of nothing but unsubstantiated opinion

I know I can't change the planet, so I stuck with the little bits here and there, such as steering people away from insanity. I've witnessed those who can change and those who are intent on nothing but destruction, be it self-destruction(values, physical self, grip on reality) to destruction of others through words and (hidden) actions.

Who hasn't. And your point is...........?

And this whole "new age" nonsense, is seeking to destroy through words. It destroys history. It destroys reason. It takes a message, repeats it with a twist and pretends it's an original, completely new message, while it's been around for centuries. Then, the new agers, take these century old scriptures and try to detract value from them as to put more value on the "new age" nonsense and of course, to pretend that they(the new agers) know some kind of secret while the rest doesn't...unless they give in.

So that's the general pattern is it?

Many old scriptures contain valuable messages at their core, but are applicable to a time period very different from our own. Hence it is necessary to pt a slightly different spin on them. This does not any anyone's opinion but your own detract from the original scripture.

As for destroying history, well that is just laughable. Destroying reason? Well I guess this post could be a good example of that. But if you don't have any 'reason' to begin with then it is inevitable that you will get sucked into the crap that goes alongside any belief system.

"New age" bullcrap IS a religion - bordering on the cult type, and those who profess it as if they were prophets or messiahs are false prophets. PERIOD.

Religion requires structure, hierachy and a systematic set of beliefs and the New Age Movement has none of these. But I agree with your second point, anyone who pretends to be some sort of messiah is definitely a false prophet. The world is full of con artists and those gullible enough to fall for their tricks. You will find this in every aspect of life not just the New Age Movement, and this in my opinion does not detract in anyway from the movement itself.

edit on 15/5/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Wow. Feel better after your tanty? I know nothing makes me feel better than an enormous rant full of nothing but unsubstantiated opinion

Unsubstantiated?

Many old scriptures contain valuable messages at their core, but are applicable to a time period very different from our own. Hence it is necessary to pt a slightly different spin on them.

There you go. That's how you create propaganda. It's simple really; do not alter the message, instead, try to understand it.

As for destroying history, well that is just laughable.

Laughable? Do you know how many times I've corrected new agers with their nonsense about Zoroastrianism and Zartosht? It's laughable that you, who are ignorant of history is telling me there is no destroying of history at the hands of you new agers.

Destroying reason?

Yes, reason. If you cannot comprehend this then it's too late for you. If you see reason in the new age teachings about indigo kids, channeling, aliens and whatnot, be my guest. Live your life like that. Tell us how you do. I know people who are in their 40s, 50s, 60s who were disconnected in their youth due to many kinds of trauma or lack of trauma even, then went on to believe all kinds of nonsense new age bullcrap(by buying books, putting money in charlatan pockets), and now, their kids are suffering. Worst thing of all, they think they are teaching their kids the proper way of life. Are you a witness to these things? No. But you sure love to speak in defense of these lunatics.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Definition of New Ager: Spoiled, whiney brats who are lazy.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If anyone has time everyone should watch this. Its a long series with many different videos, but once I started watching I was hooked. It basically talks about how a devout christian converted to atheism and why, but I believe everyone could benefit from watching it. Its extremely well done/respectful and a good watch.

Why I am no longer a Christian documentary
edit on 5/15/2012 by XTTIOTX because: Messed up link

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

nice eye of horus avatar lol.

and i did enjoy your post

if you've been listening to david wilcock lately, he is the epitomy of how we should all seek greater knowledge, and do it while being loving to one another and having a true interest in the great mystery. hes also unlocked some amazing secrets lately and is on to something big. 2012 is going to be a very important year for humanity.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by XTTIOTX

Just because someone is considered interested in "New Age" stuff doesn't mean they are atheist. I know plenty of folks who believe in higher existences, and I know they exist, and whether or not there is one god or many, there are higher levels of existence than our own and religion, no matter which one you choose, all religions can give us some benefit and have already given us a load of knowledge from ancient scripture. The Hindu scripture has given us many truths about the complexity of the universe and how we got here.

It is so annoying when people try to pigeon hole people into having certain religious beliefs when it has absolutely nothing to do with exploring the complexities and beauties of the human family and our universe.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You are a joke, but I am glad you reared your ugly head into this thread because it is ignorant morons like you that are an example to others of why they should keep an open mind. If you were to be given a choice at the start of a new "golden" age to evolve into a higher consciousness I'm sure you will choose to stay where you are. Good for you. I'm sure Earth's great scientists will unravel the great mystery all by themselves, eh? The thing about us, is, we can use science to our benefit along with the other knowledge we have. Most scientists use only science, however folks like Richard Hoagland are becoming wise to the greater existence that is here on this planet and he is all the wiser from it. you will be eating your words eventually so none of this matters.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Which is good, because soon there will be a very large group of peeps with not a lot to do except contemplate their navels.

Somebody contemplated my navel once at a frat party.
Wait... contemplated means something dirty, right?

All joking aside, I really enjoyed your post. It was a very thought provoking and fascinating read

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
You are a joke, but I am glad you reared your ugly head into this thread because it is ignorant morons like you that are an example to others of why they should keep an open mind. If you were to be given a choice at the start of a new "golden" age to evolve into a higher consciousness I'm sure you will choose to stay where you are. Good for you.

C'mon man, is that really necessary? I'm not a new ager, but I am fairly spiritual, and if you were spiritual at all you'd realize that insulting people isn't an effective way to get your point across. Behaving like that won't make anybody listen, it will do the exact opposite and drive them away.

I have nothing against you. I'm just saying that the demeaning "I'm more advanced that you!" attitude doesn't really accomplish anything. Isn't that what has caused humanity so many problems in the past and present?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

I wasn't implying "new agers" are atheists. I was implying that they are just as delusional as Christians. You obviously didn't click the link. The point is that new agers believe just as many ridiculous falsies as Christians. At least Christians will tell you there faith is not based on science, but new agers try to dress up their beliefs as being based in science when in truth it is actually pseudo-science. Crystals, pyramid power, singing bowls, crystal chakra healing, kirlian photography, the Mayan everything,channeling, astral projection,"Ascended Masters", its all garbage ..... If it works for you thats great, if it makes you feel better thats great too, but don't poison others minds with your lies. Stop mixing actual science with garbage. Most people don't know enough about any sort of science to be able to seperate fact from fiction after a certain point. The list goes on and on and on.. It and every other religion on this planet is utter bologna made up by insane humans beings trying to control others..
edit on 5/15/2012 by XTTIOTX because: added more

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Agree everything is connected to everything else. There is a great documentary on history Channel this week in Canada called “Earth from Space”.
Hidden powers that were hidden are now made possible to see from satellites scanning the earth… it’s very beautiful and it describes and shows how everything is a delicate balance. This is proof everything is connected. Even the catastrophic things that happen are part of the circle of life. If we upset this balance as we have done over the years, then it basically screws it all up. We are learning so much about life and our planet from these satellites. It’s well worth viewing…I think this program just made it’s debute in Canada only this week. It’s very current and up to date info.
watch.discoverychannel.ca...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
New Age refers to the New Age of Aquarius - bye bye fish hello water bearer or Angel in some myths.
At it's best it seems like a renaissance of many ancient ideas and new ways of thinking and expressing those ideas.
I really hope it is the dawn of a Golden Age
But I am keeping my feet on the ground connected as I can be to Earth and to Nature

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join