It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII U.S.vs. China

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuthealien
i hope you do go to war with china,then when they kick your arse ill laugh,they will destroy you guys sorry but they will,,perhaps its for the best that you do as america needs a good licking ,,as you guys think your still a superpower

America has no right to control the Reserve Currency right now. They only manage to keep it because of their military. And they keep cutting military while China keeps increasing spending.

And yeah,they are no Superpower. Look at how Obama was treated in South America recently. Nobody is scared of America. America is a laughingstock. A bad joke.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

What exactly do you think currency reserves are?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DakotaCensus

What exactly do you think currency reserves are?

Who the heck is going to keep buying Government bonds from America when they are the way they are?

The IMF cant save them..

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

can you not just be friends with china,,there really nice people ,,guess it is your goverment trying to convince you there bad

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuthealien

can you not just be friends with china,,there really nice people ,,guess it is your goverment trying to convince you there bad

I dont think China are bad. I know many Chinese. They are awesome. Australia is full of them. I dont have a problem with the Chinese Government either.

I do have a problem with the American Government. I pity the American people.

The Australian Government must do what America says for now because they are still too scared to stand up for themselves.

Our alliance with America only hurts us and makes us a target in this part of the world. It also risks our awesome economy because our resources boom is linked to China. And other parts of our economy.

And how hot are Chinese chicks? Almost as hot as Koreans and the Japanese.

grr

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The fear of China is a red herring. It's the same rhetoric we've been feed since the beginning of this nation's history. Let's examine this, shall we?

Britain: The evil empire that wants to tax you to death. Now, our best friend in all the world. Where we go, they go, and vice versa. We've had the Brits back since WW1. And though I agree ya'll did a wonderful job in that war, you got to admit, you needed us. And now we need you since we successfully pissed off half the world.
Japan: The evil empire that wants to conquer you completely (sound familiar?) from the pacific. Watch out, they'll be in california before you even know it. Now, one of our strongest trade partners.
Russia: The evil empire that wants to turn you all into commies! Now, while I wouldn't say we're the best of friends, I see no real hostiles, and we all came to the agreement dropping nukes on eachother wasn't a brilliant plan. But maybe I just fell for the commie propaganda O.O!
And now, China: The evil empire that's going to buy up your country one loan at a time. I'll bet you in less than twenty years, we'll see a total reversal of this thought train, and like Japan, we'll have a partner super-power in trade as well as engagements in the world theater.

Here are two brilliant reasons against why we're not going to war with China anytime soon, and vice versa.

1) Despite cut backs in military spending, the US still spends more than the whole world combined in it's military budget. That's alot of troops, tanks, guns, bombs, planes, drones, boats and whatever else those guys can innovate. And remember, we are the nation of innovation. We brought you personal comps, the internet, the assembly line, synthetic rubber. The list goes on and on and on. So I don't see why there is so much hate for the US on this thread when we pretty much helped hook the world up with a thousand modern conveniences. Yeah, you're welcome.

2) The Chinese/US economies are totally fusion-haed (Merged, for those not into DBZ), why would you blast your biggest debtor? To make their economy crash? To devalue the debt you possess to pennies on the dollar? That's not good war strategy, that's not Tsu. China needs the US, especially at this stage in the game. They know this, they're in no rush to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. America's economy will recover, it already has started, but economic turns are like turning a big rig around. It takes time and care.

China can and I believe, will, become a powerful ally to the US, and we to them. For those americans on here still afraid of the dragon, you shouldn't be. This is a re-run of the red scare, nothing more.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Have those Marines hit your pubs yet?We are realigning hopefully all that nasty fighting ability that has been miss used over the years may well be turned inward.We never wanted to lord over the world but we let a few a##hats screw up our country.They have been at it for some time,now at least we are learning about it (I have known for some time)but don't let that EVER lead you to follow a logic that anyone who's sum total purpose appears to be hating my country has any basis of fact.

This guy trolls hate US every time,bitchin about the Marine deployments to his country and saying how evil we are and we are falling down.,yadda ,yadda,yadda.
Hey don't take my word for it check out his posts.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

Have those Marines hit your pubs yet?We are realigning hopefully all that nasty fighting ability that has been miss used over the years may well be turned inward.We never wanted to lord over the world but we let a few a##hats screw up our country.They have been at it for some time,now at least we are learning about it (I have known for some time)but don't let that EVER lead you to follow a logic that anyone who's sum total purpose appears to be hating my country has any basis of fact.

This guy trolls hate US every time,bitchin about the Marine deployments to his country and saying how evil we are and we are falling down.,yadda ,yadda,yadda.
Hey don't take my word for it check out his posts.

What I think it is Americans think they can be critical of their government. But if anyone from another country dares have the audacity to utter a harsh word against the American Government then Americans become defensive and defend their government by claiming all criticism is anti-american. I have no problem with Americans. I feel sorry for you guys. You really need to fix your country.

And you are falling down. No yadda yadda yadda. The more you refuse the accept it and acknowledge it the longer it makes it before you can begin to fix things. I fear its too late for that though. Are all the Americans that are critical of your government anti-american too? Oh thats right,you guys call them lazy stinky hippies that have gonorrhea, take dumps on cop cars,rape people..... and they want free money and hate America

Some of you guys need to open your eyes.

I do hate the Americans that cheerlead for the American Imperial Government though. Im ready to go to war against you guys. I would fight for China if they would have me. America needs to go home.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, I don't want to get caught in a mud slinging contest, so I'll leave it at this. I love my country, I really, really do. That being said, I can be critical of my country, and there's more than of my statements on these boards that proves that. I am in no way a brain washed mass, nor a dirty hippie... I don't expect everyone to bow down and worship at the feet of the dollar, national sovereignty is important, no doubt.
I also recognize we, as a nation, have already fallen down. And now, we're getting back up. There are a ton of numbers to prove this, but the stock exchange is a good start to take a gander. Did we lose a decade like Japan? Yeah, but that's simply economics. It can't always be going up, my man. Economies grow, then shrink...then grow, and on and on. But over the long haul (look at hundred year cycles), it's always growing.
And we're still innovating and this nation gives more charity to the world than the rest combined. We trade with the whole world, and prop up your economies by doing so.
The next time you drive your manufactured car, or type on your microsoft (or apple) software comp on the internet that our military designed and then shared with the world, you let me know about how greedy and cut-throat the US is.
Is it perfect? Nope. The bankers have way too much influence and power, just like Jefferson warned us about. Things do need to be done to fix these bugs in the system, so to speak. We're not the only nation suffering from this virus though. Infact, if ya really want to find the center of all this, we need to locate those bastards that started the Vince banking ponzi scheme and let them know how we feel.
That all said, I don't have a problem with ya Germanicus, we've even had a convo or two that I thought was quite pleasant. I see your points about not wanting American troops on your soil, hell, I want those troops back too, especially if China and Australia are really that tight, because those are my tax dollars being wasted. But instead of having beef with the american citizen, how about taking it up with your politicians, that allow those bases in your country. We couldn't be there if ya'll didn't allow it... well, maybe we could, but I could've swore Australia and America were allies. That it was a decision by your government to allow our forces on your soil.
If I'm mistaken about this, I am sorry. I also apologize if this comes off harsh, I just don't get the foreign hate for america (unless you're in the middle east where we just seize your land for your resources and kill off any leader that isn't cool with it. This was specifically addressed in our constitution as wrong. And it's time we started acting like a superpower, benevolent, instead of a superpower, greedy.) My two cents.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

I been holding onto this waiting if I should thread it or post it in someone else's. Here goes...
This is a war scenario if it comes to shooting. Kinda long but worth the read if you have any inkling of weapons and tactics. This guy seems to know his stuff.

www.sinodefenceforum.com...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I been holding onto this waiting if I should thread it or post it in someone else's. Here goes...
This is a war scenario if it comes to shooting. Kinda long but worth the read if you have any inkling of weapons and tactics. This guy seems to know his stuff.

Thats a pretty interesting opinion.

In these documents, the US outlined some of its new doctrines and policies, such as: preventive war, pre-emptive military action, unilateralism, regime change, acting as the world's constabulary or "cavalry", establishment of military bases and spreading US forces all over the world, control of outer space and the global commons of cyberspace and control of the world's oil resources.

The alternate road, on the other hand, leads to world leadership. The US can choose to use its power, wealth and influence to sincerely do good for the people on this planet. It can lead in easing or obliterating the debt burden of poor nations, or in promoting the spread of quality education through distance learning in remote villages of developing countries. It can focus in the fight against poverty, or the fight against drugs, or the effort to save the deteriorating environment of planet earth. It can lead the fight against HIV/AIDS, or malaria and other deadly diseases. The whole world is waiting for the US to lead in these important battles.

If the US chooses to focus its huge resources on the latter, I am confident that it will gain the hearts and minds of people all over the world. Then it can be a true world leader. Then it can maintain its preeminent world status. By gaining the world's sympathy and support, terrorism directed against Americans and the US mainland will be greatly minimized. The alternate road, in fact, is the key to defeating the phenomenon of "terrorism" gripping the world today.

It is clear that America has chosen the former. And instead of winning hearts and minds, America has only succeeded in turning a good majority of the West and a good majority of its own citizens against it. And worse, America failed with the former. Instead of being in control they are an utter mess.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

And we're still innovating and this nation gives more charity to the world than the rest combined.

Its a scam. Like everything Imperial.

www.la.org.au...

I also have a thread on the Imperial charity scam

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and Imperialism

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The American Government is demonic.

Edit- My beef is not with the American citizen. I love those guys in The Tea Party,OWS,Paul supporters.

And we are trying to elect Bob Katter here so we can smash the duopoly that is complicit with your demonic government. My last thread was about that actually.

Frances recent election was a rejection of America us much as the IMF. That will continue. Americas future is doom. Elect Ron Paul so he can curb your Imperialism and start fixing your country.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well, I can honestly say I didn't know about a whole lot of that. Thanks, it was enlightening.
Gonna take some time to process it all...

Just a final thought, so we're talking about trading US imperialism for Chinese (this isn't intended to put words into anyone's mouth, more me bouncing around my own dome, bare with me guys...)? Because there has always been a world empire, right? I mean, atleast since the Brits held down one that the sun never set on. What's to say China will be any diffrent? History would certainly suggest elsewise.

Either way, I don't think a war between the US and China would do the world any favors, and I think they both realize that too, just as the US and Russia did. So I still feel that China is being made out to be a red herring... Sucks to find out all those dollars I thought were going to help the poor and diseased are just going into the corrupts' wallets. I can honestly say I'm deflated now. Guess that's better than being ignorant though. -.-;

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by popsmayhem

I'm all about GO USA but I'm also realistic...

If it came down to it just know that every one of those Chinese civilians has served in the military - it's mandatory over there.

Just saying...Proceed with the rah-rah we're gonna kick their ass stuff if you feel like it...

Oh - and on top of that they don't eat cheese...they think it's disgusting...
edit on 12-5-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

Uh...they go through a 20 day boot camp. And those are only the people who pursue higher education. They don't all "serve in the military." They don't even train with weapons. It's physical fitness.

big friggin deal.
edit on 5-12-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi

Well, I can honestly say I didn't know about a whole lot of that. Thanks, it was enlightening.
Gonna take some time to process it all...

Just a final thought, so we're talking about trading US imperialism for Chinese (this isn't intended to put words into anyone's mouth, more me bouncing around my own dome, bare with me guys...)? Because there has always been a world empire, right? I mean, atleast since the Brits held down one that the sun never set on. What's to say China will be any diffrent? History would certainly suggest elsewise.

Either way, I don't think a war between the US and China would do the world any favors, and I think they both realize that too, just as the US and Russia did. So I still feel that China is being made out to be a red herring... Sucks to find out all those dollars I thought were going to help the poor and diseased are just going into the corrupts' wallets. I can honestly say I'm deflated now. Guess that's better than being ignorant though. -.-;

I think you might be right. Maybe just a cold war. If it is though,we in the West are going to get screwed by the IMF like they are trying in Europe.

And I also have concerns about China. The BRICS Bank and the BRICS may be as bad or even worse than the IMF,World Bank and NATO,UN.....

But as far as I am concerned its time to roll the dice. The IMF is coming for us anyway. Im ready to take a chance on China and the BRICS. From what I see and read they are the better option.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
China is Australias friend.

Do you really think we will side with America?

The Americans will be destroyed.

You will turn around to find no friends. Especially in this part of the world.

America is doomed.

You guys will be pleading for help soon. .

Are you sure you are Australian?

I have met many Australians and none of them love China and hate the USA. You aren't so keen on Australia either if I remember correctly, which is a bit unusual for an Australian.

Are you sure you are an Aussie? Are you the child of Asian immigrants?

Is that why you hate everything Western? Do you find yourself draw to your 'home' country's culture even though you have never been there and your parents couldn't leave the place fast enough?

I suppose it is all part of growing up.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
Due to the economic uprise and the power of the Chinese government and milatary do you foresee ww3 being a pan Asian conflict with the U.S. and china being the main countrys coing head to head due to the aggressiveness of the Chinese claims of territories in the south china sea.

You're *almost* funny.

The Chinese claims? what claims do you think the US has? Maybe the US is wanting to do the same thing the British wanted, to "legalize" opium trade ...

The stupidity of your sentiment, almost does not deserve an answer. But the answer is, if you really really want to have your country inhialated ... continue on your current road. It will be inhialted ... but not by the Chinese, of that I assure you.

First you guys chose George W. Bush to office, then you choose Obama ... which is OK, but with Hillary Clinton? ... it sounds to me, that the general IQ in the US and Britain has dropped more than one notch.

edit on 12/5/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ollncasino

Originally posted by Germanicus
China is Australias friend.

Do you really think we will side with America?

The Americans will be destroyed.

You will turn around to find no friends. Especially in this part of the world.

America is doomed.

You guys will be pleading for help soon. .

Are you sure you are Australian?

I have met many Australians and none of them love China and hate the USA. You aren't so keen on Australia either if I remember correctly, which is a bit unusual for an Australian.

Are you sure you are an Aussie? Are you the child of Asian immigrants?

Is that why you hate everything Western? Do you find yourself draw to your 'home' country's culture even though you have never been there and your parents couldn't leave the place fast enough?

I suppose it is all part of growing up.

Dont patronize me.

And no Im not from Asian immigrants. I was born here. My parents were born here. I have Irish/English/Spanish.

And why wouldnt I hate the west? We wear the scarlet liverly of the iron heel. If you are happy with that then shame on you.

And yes many Australians are morons. But have a think. Anti-American sentiment is at an all time high across the globe. I also dont see many people I agree with being friends with someone like you.

And if you disagree with anything I have said I would love to hear it.

Calling me an Asian Immigrant and a child is not great debating. Like I said,bring it. What do you disagree with?

And dont blame me if you do not understand or refuse to understand Imperialism. Its all part of growing up I guess.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

There are plenty of legitimate studies from multiple viewpoints on the possible evolution of a U.S./PLA conflict available however the bit of PLA fanboy porn you are presenting as somehow relevant is neither factually correct nor remotely feasible and still has to concede western military hegemony.

Read some of the other opinions from the posted link, I liked this response best...

I wouldn't call it "realistic". The author is pushing assumptions way over the line here...

....The author is also obsessed over the assumption that US navy has no defense against super-sonic anti-ship missiles, which is untrue.

There's so many other holes in this article, it's not worth the time or effort to dig them up one by one. My suggestion is to discard it as rubbish. Um, yeah, sure, the Russians and Iraians joining PRC to declare war on the US. Sorry I just don't see this in Russia's self interest.

Why do nearly all of the fantastical internet scenarios predicting a massive defeat of U.S. conventional forces always rely on the flawless operation of untested, hypothetical weapons systems within a convenient vacuum where the gullible and overconfident U.S. plays into the adversaries advantage?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Why do nearly all of the fantastical internet scenarios predicting a massive defeat of U.S. conventional forces always rely on the flawless operation of untested, hypothetical weapons systems within a convenient vacuum where the gullible and overconfident U.S. plays into the adversaries advantage?

Because the American Military has been less than impressive since WW2. They also take too much credit for WW2 as well by the way.

They have been beaten by farmers for god sake.

They are good at air strikes. Not much else.

They sure know how to crash a helicopter though hey?

Edit- not much honour in Air Strikes.

Edit- They are a Tet Offensive away from getting kicked out of Afghanistan too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join