It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popocatepetl is Erupting Again. Lava can be seen on webcam. Ash Close Airport Earlier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yes it's erupting again. I'm really concerned because it's been raining lots in Mexico. I'll continue after I have had time to think. I can't post the webcam pictures I've captured. I hate this technology. Really. I like to write. Hope someone posts some pictures.

edit on 11-5-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericblair4891
Yes it's erupting again. I'm really concerned because it's been raining lots in Mexico. I'll continue after I have had time to think. I can't post the webcam pictures I've captured. I hate this technology. Really. I like to write. Hope someone posts some pictures.

Here's the Reuter's story that includes some video.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There are several vidoes that can be watched on the link. There's definitely a lot of ash/smoke coming out

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thank you I was just about to post something about airport and ash. I noticed heavy ash column earlier. It was hard to tell how much was ash due to bad light level as sun went down. But it didn't look as white. Right now it's still spewing molten rocks at the top.

Here's the webcam. It's working off and on. May be from volume.

www.cenapred.unam.mx...

www.cenapred.unam.mx...

It's getting more intense. Molten rocks are now rimming much of the entire top of the caldera. Very exciting.

Holy Crap. I figured out how to post a freaking picture. I'm so very proud of myself.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Here's a shot just before the bigger eruption and one afterward. Then I'm adding two shots I captured the other day which were very interesting.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Great Photos! I like the ones in the "dark", they show a lot more intensity and how the heat is radiating as light.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Here's an article with more webcam pictures during small eruption tonight.

deathby1000papercuts.com...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericblair4891
Here's an article with more webcam pictures during small eruption tonight.

deathby1000papercuts.com...

Thanks for the link. Never heard of this website. Q: with St. Helen the scientists tried to predict what was going to happen and when. Has the science community just decided they are going to watch and not predict Sort of .... I have no clue whats going to happen, so we will stay silent. Am I missing an informative site?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Also a special thanks for the pics.

peace

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A volcano in Alaska is also getting grumpy....

Volcano Alert Level: WATCH (3/4)
Aviation Alert Level: ORANGE (3/4)

Source:
www.avo.alaska.edu...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscoStew

Hi Dear DiscoStew,

This important reactivation of the Popocateptl, plus the occurence of three important earthquakes in a row in the last two months in Mexico are clear signals that we are arriving to the point of no return, entering in a stage of very critical seismic activity in North America.

I am convinced that USA is going to experience too, very important seismic phenomenon in the so near future, and they are going to be of any kind, from important earthquakes in the Mississippi basin, seaquakes in front of the coast of New England until Volcanic reactivations and possibly eruptions in the cascades area, as well as in Alaska, to finally arrive to the occurence of a true Megaquake in the Pacific coast, either in front of seatle or at some point in between Sn Francisco and St Barbara.

Please read my thread at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 5/12/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What are the implications of a major eruption of this volcano?

I'm not familiar with the local area, are there many people nearby or is the area remote?

The ash could be a problem, unless it continues to rain heavily in the area as it should bring a large amount of it right back to the ground.

Lucky that...isn't it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Well, I have lived in Mexico city in my past, working with the National Autonomous University as well as with other education institutions, this until 2005.

I can tell you that Popocateptl is the most dangerous volcano of the world, since about 25 million people live in its surroundings not far than 40 miles of the Crater.

The most populated metropolitan area of the Americas is located a little to the north west from the Crater, if the volcan erupts violently, expeling rocks and magma, not only ashes, Mexico city will affront the most horrible emergency ever experienced there.

An avalanche of mud, or magma running from the crater can arrive to Mexico city in few hours, and there is no natural barrier to stop it.

There is no way at all to evacuate a city of more than 20 millions inhabitants ontime if the volcano erupts abruptly, so any decision to that respect must be done with days in advance.

I think the pressure on President Calderon by now must be high, since if he fails to release the alert on time calling to evacuation this can be the worst tragedy of the History concerning volcanos, able to make appear Pompeya, herculano and santorini as mere jokes.

I know that there is many companies that are moving by now their offices and employees from Mexico city in prevention of a disaster.

I'm so sorry to say this, but I feel the probablity that Popocatepetl can cause a major disaster is really extremly high, even I decided to move from Mexico years ago precisely in part motivated by recurrent premonitions that something like that could happen in the future.

I'm a person extremely sensible to such events, and unfortunately, or fortunately, it depends how do you want to see it, usually my premonitions become accomplished.

check this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 5/12/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Here is today at one minute intervals (ETA: displaying one every 0.1 seconds - duration is 1 minute 57 seconds) up until just past 01:00 UTC. Starts with the three or four you posted. Note about half way through when the wind seems to have turned the camera gets spattered with ash.

Warning to dial up users this video is 13.3 MB

Video_2012-05-13_023243.wmv

edit on 12/5/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Very good. Except the weather is horrible. Yes, there is ash on the camera and it's not the first time.

Do you know if there are siemos to watch since I can't see volcano on webcam?
The weather is supposed to be bad for days. I think that rain is going to cause problems. Explosive and it will cause instability.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Here you go

Mexican seismos

I have added these to my blog. You can see the current seismos for Mexico here: quakewatch.wordpress.com...
edit on 13/5/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join