It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military you are not fighting for your country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
what beautiful thoughts ! .... i need not say more , for if i do a sudden shift in this tread will occur , ty op for the thread
S+F

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

Nice. Thank you. You will be in no short supply of supporters. Even the military is wise to the reality of their profession. It is the new guys that join for God knows what reason who are "gun ho" about killing people in sandals. Those that have been in the military for a while will never talk about "freedom" or "answering the call".

Most know that the wars we fight only make for more war. They are just waiting. When the wrong orders come down the chain of command, all hell will break loose. Then all the funding, all the sacrifice, all the loss of life will be justified.

The army they created to maintain their power will turn against them and free us.

edit on 9-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

You gonna post about all the different Countries Military that should get out of Afghanistan too, or just the American Military?

What about the British troops?
What about the German troops?
What about the Italian troops?
What about the Polish troops?
What about the French troops?
What about the Romanian troops?
What about the Spanish troops?
What about the Turkish troops?

THEY ARE ALL STILL IN AFGHANISTAN TOO. All fighting the same war. Yes the Spanish are still there, they only pulled out their combat troops, not the support ones.

So you just going rail against the American Military or are you going to address these other Countries too?

Cause they all think they are fighting for their individual Countries too.

You dont understand. If America starts a war the rest of the Imperial Empire must follow. The Australian Government for example must do what the American Government wants. To cross America would hurt your standing within the American Imperial Empire. This is America's war. The 'allies' cannot go against America because they are too scared.

And none of the solidiers are fighting for their country. They are mercs killing for a wage. They fight for the Banker not America.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

So your saying I was mercenary killing for money?

You can go straight to [SNIP].

Any other soldier that's been there will tell you the same.
edit on 9-5-2012 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It's the Canadians I'm worried aboot!

They're too polite. They have funny bacon (it scares me).

I think we should be there. Protecting beer.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

So your saying I was mercenary killing for money?

You can go straight to [SNIP].

Any other soldier that's been there will tell you the same.

Im not saying that you were aware. You still seem unaware.

Its like the OP is saying,the 'War on Terror' is bs. This is why I think so many soldier are killing themselves. They come home and find out that they killed for Bankers.

And like the OP says,its not just following orders. Anybody can see that the War on Terror is bs. I cant understand why anyone is still in the Military.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
I cant understand why anyone is still in the Military.

The fine cuisine and free haircuts.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

And I'm saying go say that to soldier's face that's been over there...

Easy to troll on the net.

As for soldiers killing themselves. Let's get some facts straight here. Suicide rates among veterans for any war ever fought have been higher, because of what they believe they have done for ungrateful whiny, been no where, do nothings. Like you. I dropped out of Yale and went to Rice because of people like you that have never left their space but think they know. They were lying to us students about the Iraq War and I was there.

I am fully aware I was sent off with a lie and flag, but hindsight is 20/20. Wanna know what my intro into the military was like? Read this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You also obviously have no grasp of how the military works. Once your in, your in. You get out before your contract is up and that's called a dishonorable discharge. Try getting a job at Mickey D's with DD. All I have to say is good luck.

Don't troll on me here cause you got pigeon holed over on this thread.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

Are you stalking me? Im flattered.

I think you guys are lucky people dont spit on you like they did after Vietnam really. I think most people know that the bulk of soldiers are recruited from low socio-economic highschools. The military seems to prey on the young and the poor. We cant hold it against the young and the poor hey?

If I was you I would have stayed in college. Maybe did a little travel after that. I dont see your logic.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Did you even read my post?

Your trolling me here.

As for being young and poor, that is exactly what I was. However now, well let's just say I'm well off, cause I pulled myself up instead of looking for a hand out.

How old were you back in 2004 and 2005, cause some of us did get treated that way, just like the Vietnam vets. Where you still watching cartoons instead of the news back then?

I'm going to law school at Rice and have been around the world. Only continents I haven't been to are Australia and Antarctica. Ever leave the country? Hell ever even left your state?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Hey man...don't get all antsy in the pantsy. All they are saying is that war is stupid and a lie....you seem to confirm that. You must realize you aren't fighting for your countrymen...because they are not in danger. You are fighting to serve some other disgusting agenda. Your countrymen are back home...safe and sound...chillin', drinkin', killin' time.

Wanna ask you a question...since you were/are there...in your own opinion...why are you fighting that war? What's the excuse? If you are hunting terrorists...than why the martial law? Is that normal procedure when hunting criminals? You impose martial law on a town/city or whatever and shoot civilians for breaking it? how does that work?

If I misunderstood your words..please correct me.

thanks.

edit: I was thinking...on what grounds is American or any other military able to impose martial law in some foreign country? what gives them the right? what is the legal justification for it? just wandering....
edit on 9-5-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Im not trolling. I just dont agree with your comments. I also dont think you understand Imperialism.

And I was an adult in 2005. And Im sure I was watching cartoon's. I still do. You dont like cartoon's? And it was nothing like after Vietnam.

And good luck with the study. My little sister is studying to be a lawyer at the moment. I think most Lawyers are worse than a merc. My sister has a good heart though so she will do good things. I hope you do too.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

humility was never learned huh.....must be in short supply.

There are many here who could "son" you with their careers, talents, and experience. Tone down the ego and the hostility.

Most people never left their country..it is expensive to travel. You should know right....Mr. I was poor.

If you were poor you would know not to throw in people's faces just how much better you have it.

The military is being used like the hessians of the old world. Are you in favor of this? If not, listen to the guy you are arguing with, as well as most people here. You are in agreement.

edit on 9-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I was and I am out and done. Even my eight years is up. As for the why read my post on this thread...

Okay as for Iraq there a few things you need to understand first. There was the War and then the occupation. I was there for the War. We fought Iraqi Republican Guard and their Syrian support. Actual trained troops, not random Iranian's that hopped the Iran-Iraq border with the hope of killing American Infidels.

Martial Law is always enforced until the war is over and the occupation zone is consider yellow or green. Red zones impose martial law. So when we first rolled in every where had Martial Law. Fallujah during operation Steel Curtain for example had martial law reimposed on it again, but they had removed it before I left.

As for the shooting of civilians, it was lose phrase, as in if your out after curfew and run instead of coming when called over. We take you out by any means necessary cause your probably doing something bad. If your not doing anything wrong and following the rules you have nothing to worry about.

You have to remember Combat Arms military are trained to kill. Not apprehend like the police are. If we can take you alive we tried, if you fought even a little, game over. I'm not going to risk my life or fellow soldiers life over some foreigner, no matter how innocent.

The rules were blared out in Arabic for everyone to hear. So they knew what to do and what not to do. Very few people broke the rules, and 90% of them that did were doing something bad.

I have come to terms with the things I HAD to do over there. It's life. Soldier's have had to endure these sorts of things since there have been governments and armies. It's not what I signed up for exactly, but it's what I got.

Thank (insert your favorite deity here) for my wife. Without her I might be one of those suicide statistics.

Does that help or have any other questions?
edit on 9-5-2012 by thesungod because: Spelling... I think I got it all.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

We're mostly all on the same side here, don't forget.

I guarantee someday you will see that - time gives you clarity.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I'm not dissing you for being in the military. Most guys join out of honorable reasons and were just used. I was just interested on your view of things.

I'm actually very perplexed about the justification for the US military to even be there. Maybe someone can help me understand.

So you were there warring the Republican guards with their Syrian ally. But isn't that foreign country? Can you just pack up a few thousand soldiers and go into any country and say...ok...we are here to kill some mf republican assholes...oh yes...during our stay...nobody is allowed to go to the store or drink water out of the well...cos it's martial law.

I don't understand. Was the US military invited by the Iraqi government and asked for the involvement and help with this pesky republicans ? It just surpasses my reasoning. What is the legal justification for being there?

thanks

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I was so poor I was living in my car. I am damn proud of my accomplishments. I went from literally nothing, to something by myself without any aide or help. I know it can be done ANYONE and EVERYONE here. Regardless of color or creed.

However when some says "You were a mercenary killer" without any sort of context or experience on the subject, the gloves come off.

I joined back when EVERYONE was still flying their American flags and singing that stupid Taliban country song. Including most of you.

Yeah I got a little hot, my humility as well as a few other virtues still evade me from time to time I apologize for that. BUT I JOINED TO AVENGE MY AUNT AND DEFEND MY COUNTRY. Don't call me a mercenary killer. Call me naive, hell even call me stupid. But never imply that I did for the money.

And a star for you placing me back in check.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

We were told that Saddam had WMDs. Weapons of Mass Destruction and the intent to use them.

We simply invaded the country from Kuwait. South to North. The insurgents all came later. We imposed Martial Law in Afghanistan too, during the onset of the war, but I wasn't there for that one.

It wasn't just the US either. It was coalition forces. I fired arty in support of the Brtis, Germans, and even the Polish troops once.

This will explain more or less what went down.

en.wikipedia.org...

Have any other question PM me. I have totally derailed this thread, which was not my intent.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Yes...you are right. I tend to do that when see someone I wish to debate with. Sorry OP.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

To be fair, soldiers can't just up and leave without the risk of a court martial.

If you sign up, you do whatever the government tells you to do.

I don't buy the idea that there are soldiers who will refuse to fire upon their fellow civilians. If they do, they're in contempt and their military career is basically over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join