It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military you are not fighting for your country

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+69 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We have a wide open border that continues to grow more violent each day while "reports" tell us that it's no big threat. Since when is a violent drug cartel that likes to behead people no big threat?! All this while you're stationed on the other side of the world fighting a holy war for Israel growing opium. Explain to me how you're fighting for America when the average citizen has a better chance of being killed by a honey bee than an actual terrorist?!

Are you protecting us from our world's largest prison population by bringing opium into the country to lock up more people in the privately owned prisons? Or do you simply become a cop when you get out and use all that training on US citizens? You want to know what the best part is? After 3-4 tours the average person is probably messed up in the head. No mental health risk in becoming a cop is there?! Not even an evaluation! INSTANT HIRE!

I have no issue with the military. I am not anti-military. But you need to be stationed where you're needed! We have 761 active US bases around the world! For what?! I hate it when people say they joined the service to fight for their country. You are not fighting for your country! If you were you'd be stationed on our border to protect Americans and not in some 3rd world country fighting a race war against muslims. Afghanistan has a more secure border than we do! I don't want to hear "we're just following orders" either! Would you follow orders to start arresting US citizens?!

End the 10 year war and come home! Stop playing world police.

+3 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
When the order comes to lock up innocent civilians we'll see if the military are actual human beings on this planet or just robots following orders.

Will they use their brains and hearts or arrest their neighbors and friends because they are told to do so?

Interesting times coming my friend.

Peace

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be a police state even more if they were all over here?

Just asking.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
US military, standing military and reserve about 1.8 million.

Currently serving overseas, about 500,000.

So what are 1.3 million troops needed for inside the USA? Only thing that they would realistically be used for is civilian population control. They certainly are not there for national defense.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

Just asking.

I'm not saying we need the military to police the country, but even the Romans that wouldn't allow soliders in Rome would have them stationed on their own border.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

Just asking.

US military IS mostly stationed inside the USA, see my previous post.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

What about them stationed on the border and not inside?

Peace out
edit on 8-5-2012 by bigwig22 because: typo

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

You gonna post about all the different Countries Military that should get out of Afghanistan too, or just the American Military?

What about the British troops?
What about the German troops?
What about the Italian troops?
What about the Polish troops?
What about the French troops?
What about the Romanian troops?
What about the Spanish troops?
What about the Turkish troops?

THEY ARE ALL STILL IN AFGHANISTAN TOO. All fighting the same war. Yes the Spanish are still there, they only pulled out their combat troops, not the support ones.

So you just going rail against the American Military or are you going to address these other Countries too?

Cause they all think they are fighting for their individual Countries too.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

It is not my concern if other countries want to be Israel's lapdog. Of those you've mentioned, we're the only one with a blood thirsty drug cartel beheading citizens on it's border. And the reaction thus far has been to completely ignore it. That's not good enough.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

There is only one person responsible for this, OBAMA. Ask him. The buck stops there.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister

It is not my concern if other countries want to be Israel's lapdog. Of those you've mentioned, we're the only one with a blood thirsty drug cartel beheading citizens on it's border. And the reaction thus far has been to completely ignore it. That's not good enough.

Since you now know most of the US military is on US soil you want them to invade Mexico? Because that sure seems to be what your saying. Since the beheadings are on that side of the border.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'm from Texas. Austin area to be exact.

I know all about the cartels, especially their infiltration into Brownsville and San Antonio.

We are not a war with Mexico, that's where the military comes in.

Shouldn't you be railing about the Border Patrol or INS? Hell even the National Guard or Coast Guard?

But the military as a whole has little to nothing to do with civil defense, unless another country invades us. I mean it's why we have the Coast Guard patrolling our waters instead of the Navy.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Jagermeister

Since you now know most of the US military is on US soil you want them to invade Mexico? Because that sure seems to be what your saying. Since the beheadings are on that side of the border.

I would rather see the US military deterring the Mexican military
from invading our side of the border.

www.judicialwatch.org...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

There is only one person responsible for this, OBAMA. Ask him. The buck stops there.

Romney doesn't sound much better.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, you don't have to worry about Afganiland much longer. Combat operations end in 2013. Logistic operations in 2014.

Barring another BS war with another country there, those soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen are all going to come home. Then what?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If a country is a conglomeration of wealthy people and corporations bent on making money, then yes, the US military is "fighting" for my country. Using deception to do this was an evil tactic inspiring resentment among free thinking Americans. If you think about it, the American standard of living could possibly be better after stealing the wealth of the middle East. It might take some time, as most of the plan has failed miserably. Yes, they are fighting for me, but I didn't ask them too. It is like some bully wants to give me the lunch money of the rest of the kids at school. I don't want it. I'll pay more for my gasoline and lithium.

+2 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have said it many times, but you finally made a thread on it. If they were fighting for our county they would be on the border defending us from Mexico, and getting rid of the Zionists in our congress who put Israels interest before the USA, and would be killing the bankers who are raping our country and the corporations who are letting our jobs go overseas.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

We are not a war with Mexico, that's where the military comes in.

No but we are at war with countries in the Middle East who could easily get dirty bombs across the Mexico/American border.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. Ya'll want martial law?

I've conducted martial law in Iraq. Believe me when I say any American that wants troops deployed within the US is well... "inexperienced" in this issue.

-Bullet enforced curfews from dusk til dawn.
-Passes required to go to work. Can't get a pass for whatever reason and your boss will fire you.
-You can only go to Grocery store at certain dictated times. Didn't make it today? Then you starve.
-No bill of rights. No free-speech, no internet, no guns, no anything against the UCMJ, this means civilians too.

The only other method the military will use would be a MDL or Military Demarcation Line, which usually leads to mass build up of troops on both sides and sometimes a DMZ for those that know about Korea. This isn't as bad as Martial Law along the border, however it absolutely invites an incident between the two Nations.

Imagine a Mexican soldier staring down a scope at an 18 year-old, brash US grunt. The grunt is staring back and flips the bird at the Mexican or vice versa. Regardless of who did what to who, the other fires back in heated moment. Next thing you know Mexican-American War II.

No thank you.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Agreed. They shouldn't be doing it to us.

But we shouldn't be doing it to them either.

Wanna see something crazy?

en.wikipedia.org...

We've been having cross border issues since 1919.
edit on 9-5-2012 by thesungod because: Broken link.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join