It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Weight...weight I can't believe anything about it"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It seems that people still don't understand we DON'T have the technology to build these mega-structures that were constructed back then even today. Constant dodging such as "They use logs, blood, sweat, tears, ropes" is just not going to cut it. The only two logical explainations I could come up with are either :

1. Our ancestors were on a higher technological level that we thought.
2. There was Extra-terrestrial intervention.

My only problem with the first is if they were so advanced, why did they all die? They surely would have been able to predict earthquakes, disasters, eruptions, and tsunamis right? There are probably many other
possibilties no one has thought of yet. But hey, until then.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
How are you picking these rocks and putting them on rollers? They have to be lifted off the ground. If you somehow pushed one over you destroy your trees!

How do you stack one up on the other if you miraculously got it up the mountain?

Like I said it'd be like pulling a fallen adult tree up a hill with kite string.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Manunnaki

Has anyone here that's on the mouth wide-open dubious incredulous side even tried to watch the video supplied earlier that shows just ONE MAN lifting and shifting stones weighing tons?

Further, there's been several applied experiments where researchers have used primitive techniques to move and set stones of multiple tonnage:
applied Megalithic Engineering

Please, shut mouth, open ears and eyes, then learn.
Do some actual reading, and learn something, please.

If you really want to understand something, then do some research.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Grifter, I loved that response. Not in anyway or time in my life was/am I able to work even as hard and long as my own Grand Farther. This correct answer rocks! Salute to you...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki
How are you picking these rocks and putting them on rollers? They have to be lifted off the ground. If you somehow pushed one over you destroy your trees!

Legacy of the Ancient World

Muscle power is augmented by machines, and the three fundamental simple machines were known in ancient times. The lever consists of three elements: the place where force is applied, the load to be moved, and the pivot point or fulcrum. These can be arranged in various orders. The familiar situation of pushing down on a beam to lift a load has the elements in the order force- fulcrum-load.

How do you stack one up on the other if you miraculously got it up the mountain?

Building in Ancient Egypt: use of levers

Like I said it'd be like pulling a fallen adult tree up a hill with kite string.

Hemp rope

Hemp rope is made from of stalks of fiber harvested from a variety of the Cannabis group of plants. Three times stronger than the stalks of other plans, this sativa variety is perfect for making ropes for heavy jobs as they are more durable and resilient. Plus seafarers generally prefer them because they have this natural resistance to molds.

Hemp rope doesn't mean "Kite String".

Cuhail

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Metal rollers supported by more metal and concrete floor.

Is not bumpy trees supported by uneven ground! That stone is not 100 tons! And hes not caught up in the stone age.

Another thing. He doesnt' have to stack it on one that is 10 ft high!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Metal rollers supported by more metal and concrete floor.

Is not bumpy trees supported by uneven ground! That stone is not 100 tons! And hes not caught up in the stone age.

Another thing. He doesnt' have to stack it on one that is 10 ft high!

Hmmm... A crane?

Lifting Technology

I have to say...you're not reading what is being placed before you. You're fighting your own ability to learn, IMO. Kinda counter-productive.

Just sayin'

Cuhail

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ultimately people are going to believe what they want. that's fine thats what makes us individuals. But when you drink the kool-aid because it sounds good and you haven't got a better explanation doesn't mean it's correct. thats the same as believing aliens did it with nothing to say they did it.

But when the math doesn't add up. That's when you need to question the spoon flying in a circle to your mouth like your a baby being fed and you have no choice but open your mouth and take it. It's your life though not mine. I'll continue to question till death.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Geopolymer. Limestone is pulverized at the quarry, carried in baskets, then mixed up in an ancient form of concrete to cast those large stones in place, where hardend stones act as part of the mold for new stones. That's why they fit together so perfectly. There's planty of evidence to be found online and demonstrtions on YouTube. And the resulting material, rather than being like concrete, is very hard to distinguish from natural stone. When partially hardened, such stone could also be sawed with a copper saw or inscribed with a cooper tool.

edit on 7-5-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Ultimately people are going to believe what they want. that's fine thats what makes us individuals. But when you drink the kool-aid because it sounds good and you haven't got a better explanation doesn't mean it's correct. thats the same as believing aliens did it with nothing to say they did it.

But when the math doesn't add up. That's when you need to question the spoon flying in a circle to your mouth like your a baby being fed and you have no choice but open your mouth and take it. It's your life though not mine. I'll continue to question till death.

Wait...wha?

I use levers every day. It's not a "Belief". I use the oldest technologies all the time. I use hemp rope all the time-it exists.
Have you ever changed a tire?
You use ancient technology in EVERY aspect of the process.

You use a lever to lift the wheel off the ground so when you unscrew the lugs, you can remove the flat tired wheel and put the new one on. Don't forget that without leverage, you can't unscrew the lugs.

What's the question? These sciences of engineering have been used since time forgotten.

Cuhail

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Geopolymer. Limestone is pulverized at the quarry, carried in baskets, then mixed up in an ancient form of concrete to cast those large stones in place, where hardend stones act as part of the mold for new stones. That's why they fit together so perfectly. There's planty of evidence to be found online and demonstrtions on YouTube. And the resulting material, rather than being like concrete, is very hard to distinguish from natural stone. When partially hardened, such stone could also be sawed with a copper saw or inscribed with a cooper tool.

edit on 7-5-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

I've heard that theory and I like it. Now let me ask you this. Why isn't it the accepted theory?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Do you even know what the accepted theories, and proven demonstrated principles of engineering are?

You've been given links. You've been given plenty information.
It would seem, however, you have not read any of it, or simply rejected it all out of hand?

Please tell us then, HOW do YOU think these multiple tonnage stones were moved?

Tibetian monks using oms and chanting to levitate them with sound?
Aliens?
Lost Atlantis super tech?
Super psychic telekinesis mind levitation?
Magic?

You keep going on how you seem to think that tried and true methods of shimming, and leverage are simply too incredulous to believe, but what do you propose is the solution?

edit on 7-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Not saying this is how it was done...

But, it is an explanation.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
First of all it is important to understand that there were people of high intelligence three thousand years ago. Some of the tools they produced out of metal for looking at the stars made sliderules look primitive. If they could produce this sort of thing they could have produced equipment that we cannot comprehend out of simple things. Many of the practices they used to cut stone were used up till a couple of hundred years ago but the technology to move the big stones was lost.

I'm sure they had iron tools back then and I'm sure they melted them down to reuse them if they broke. Iron was hard to find back then because they didn't understand everything about all the different iron ores. I'm sure they used many tools out of stones also. Fulcrums would have needed to be iron, wood or softer metals would never have worked. The cutting of rock with copper saws would have not worked unless they were impregnated with diamonds or very hard stones. The Italians were using wires with diamonds impregnated in them for cutting small stones for a very long time. These would have worked on statues of soft materials but not on granite.

Using logs would have worked but the intelligence of some back then would have made this practice obsolete in a short time. Think of their intellect and the starting point of intellect back then. These scholars started out in a world without schools and looked into the sky and invented things with nothing to compare it to. Some of their IQ's must have been enormous to have that sort of comprehension. Now adays we start out and train people to think a certain way and belittle and dope anyone who thinks in opposition of current consensus. I'm sure these people who created the sciences were also shunned back then for their differences of thought. Capitalism did exist those days too, a milder form. I see more ingenuity in a farmer or construction worker than I see in teachers and scientists. You don't call a scientist to work on your farm equipment. Our ancestors took us to this point. They went through many ups and downs. Unlike nature the fittest did not survive. The most cunning and deceitful became powerful. Ruthless people killed off those who challenged their thinking throughout history and enslaved the public with alchemy they acquired from wizards and Alchemists. I guess nothing has changed.

I have studied the ancient writings enough to feel like I was there. People desired to be on the winning side and worked voluntarily to create marvelous things only to destroy nature around them by stripping the clays and killing the trees to build them. Nothing has changed I fear. When will man learn to look at the whole picture of the past and not see only what they want to see. Maybe the reason that the knowledge of hauling the stones was lost was because they wished to forget what they had done. The land around that area has a lot of deserts, were there that many deserts before the pyramids? I doubt it, it was probably beautiful meadows and trees filled the hills. Is this paradise still there? How many deserts has man created within the last three hundred years here in America. When they had the dust bowl in Washington DC back a while ago just before that caused the creation of the Forestry Service they could have created a desert. At a great expense and with help of the people they replanted the trees. Stripping the clay from the earth is not a good idea. Cutting the trees so the clay can blow away is not good. Things happen.

Back to the subject. How? The Hopi talked about the people with long necks whistling and the stones moved by themselves. Long necks and the tradition of woman stretching their necks in Africa and some ancient Egyptian pictures showing long necked figures is a strong coincidence. Back to the perception of the Hopi. Construction workers whistled as a signal in the past to other workers and equipment operators. Another coincidence, these people the Hopi talked about probably didn't have radios. Probably some sort of Crane to lift big stones, A big cable might not be seen or comprehended. Maybe the long necks weren't on the people, maybe they were some sort of neck of a crane. This happened just before the flood and the people doing this told them to come stay in the caves for safety because the water was coming. How did these beings know the water was coming? How did Noah know? I think someone knows what happened in these cases. Someone out there still possesses the passed down knowledge of their ancestors and it is not being allowed to be real. It's just folklore and not taken seriously. Anyone speaking of this in today's conditioned society would be considered nuts. We can't look to science for the truth, we have to talk to the holders of the knowledge. Maybe they can tell us how these stones were moved. Or we could give a kid a couple of blocks and some marbles and sticks and see what happens.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Oops, a little long and boring and off topic again.
I'll try to keep them thoughts under 50 words.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
It seems that people still don't understand we DON'T have the technology to build these mega-structures that were constructed back then even today. Constant dodging such as "They use logs, blood, sweat, tears, ropes" is just not going to cut it. The only two logical explainations I could come up with are either :

1. Our ancestors were on a higher technological level that we thought.
2. There was Extra-terrestrial intervention.

My only problem with the first is if they were so advanced, why did they all die? They surely would have been able to predict earthquakes, disasters, eruptions, and tsunamis right? There are probably many other
possibilties no one has thought of yet. But hey, until then.

Your thinking on this must come from watching series such as Ancient Aliens or other such (allegedly) entertaining shows whith an agenda to grab sponsors. Look at actual facts, the need to invent an alien explanation is only there if you are looking for it and ignoring history. I tried to watch an episode of Ancient Aliens the other day when off sick and to be honest, the way it dumbed down any actual known facts made me feel worse than I already was. If you want to, educate yourself properly, not through pseudo science that has nothing concrete to back up its claims.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
forget about the 100/200 ton blocks for a min,
what about the 1000/2000 ton granite blocks inside the pyramids

to add i think they built them overlonger periods than we think,
like more than 25 years.

and did they have giants, we still get very big people now,
and dont forget about that big foot print in granite
thats thought to be 200 million year old
i off to find a link
edit on 7/5/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

hope it works
edit on 7/5/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I've read a lot of those and watched many videos. They all work with much smaller stones to reach their conclusions. They would never work with stones that size. I've been in construction half my life and have done a lot of things and know their theories about how they were saying it was done is wrong. I don't know what's right but I know that nothing I have seen would work on that scale. Never the less, the stones are there so they did do it somehow. Maybe if they got a bunch of old stone workers in a room with a case of wine they could solve this thing. I'm sure those 90 year old Italian masons could figure it out after spending most of their life thinking about it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Originally posted by Grifter81

There isn't always the need for ultra technology to achieve a goal. I think we underestimate the effort the people of the time put into these 'mega structures'. Blood, sweat and tears is what moved those rocks.

Hard work... It's an ethic that sadly is being lost in this day and age. We shouldn't insult the peoples who took it upon themselves to build these things by discounting their hard graft.

So where did they mine them from and how?? How did they cut them up with such precision that the blocks literally fits like puzzle pieces??
There is no way they could have done this unless they had some technology that vanished when their civilization collapsed.

Even the ancient alien theory makes more sense than the official story and I say this as person who don't believe aliens visited this planet.
edit on 7-5-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

Well I would move them first with the men I have at my disposal then once in situe I would cut the stones to shape. Time was on their side so a rough cut with chisels then chiselled/ground down/polished into shape. Set squares aren't a new invention for the corners and any measurement system would do for dimentions.

Cut them before you lift them in and you can see your mistakes.

Hard work but doable in my opinion.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Grifter, I loved that response. Not in anyway or time in my life was/am I able to work even as hard and long as my own Grand Farther. This correct answer rocks! Salute to you...

Cheers man! There's a lot to be said for hard work. Its good for the soul.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join