It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury finds sherrif deputy guilty of falsifying reports, in videotaped takedown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

A jury on Friday found Wimberley guilty of two misdemeanors for falsifying his reports. A married father with five years of service as a Broward deputy, Wimberley faces a jail term of nearly two years when he is sentenced June 15. Until then, Broward Circuit Judge Ilona Holmes allowed him to remain free.

When Broward Sheriff's deputies David Wimberley and Brian Swadkins arrested Troy Baldeo at a 7-Eleven in Tamarac in 2010, Wimberley turned in two reports that described the suspect using words like "boisterous," "yelling" and "clenched fists."

But a video of their confrontation bore so little resemblance to that description that prosecutors dropped the case against Baldeo and decided instead to file charges against Wimberley and Swadkins.

Assistant State Attorney Adriana Alcalde-Padron began her closing argument Friday without a sound, playing the video that showed Baldeo standing near the coffee machine at the 7-Eleven on 7901 West Commercial Blvd. and taking a sip before being approached by Wimberley. Less than a minute later, Baldeo was on the floor, taken down by Swadkins and facing criminal charges.

It's great when evidence comes out to prove one of these guys lied on their police report. Apparently, this sherrif deputy felt he had the authority to demand ID from a random person on private property. There is no mention of the7-11 staff asking the Deputy to remove the man.

He was even suspended WITHOUT pay. How often does that happen. I doubt he'll serve any time, but he's facing years.

I'lll update the thread if more info comes out.

www.sun-sentinel.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

A step in the right direction. Dirty cops are the number one threat to Officer of the Peace(Police Officers), and to society at large. As it sows distrust and fear throughout the community.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Indeed. Nice to see one to be proven a liar in a court of law.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I work for a PD, and I love this story. When cops do stuff like this they deserve to face the full wrath of the legal system.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Indeed. I'll update when his trial comes.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What the heck are they doing in Broward County Florida?

Attacking citizens, stealing their cell phone:

www.wptv.com...

Falsifying documents:

www.browardbulldog.org...

new topics

top topics

join