It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney officials handing out FAKE slates to Ron Paul supporters in Nevada

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Watching live now and its caught on camera. Romney supporters are handing out fake slates to Ron Paul supporters to try and invalidate their votes...

Live stream is here if you want to watch -

www.ustream.tv...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

one of the RP supporters has got the whole thing on film - it will be on Youtube later I am sure.
edit on 5/5/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here is a photo of the slate:
twitpic.com...

edit on 5-5-2012 by hoppy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm surprised I don't know what this word slate is, in reference to the OP. I can gather from the context this is bad. I went to the link and the page only displayed some random links against a white backdrop.

Anyway, would someone please enlighten me to what a slate is and what exactly is going on?
Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The United States presidential elections use an electoral college to determine the winner and the electors are chosen by popular vote in each state. Voters choose a slate of electors who support one of the candidates, although this may not be obvious to the voter at the time.

From here.

It looks like the names on the "fake" slate are different than the names on the real one.
Slates
edit on 5-5-2012 by hoppy because: fixed it

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth

Watching live now and its caught on camera. Romney supporters are handing out fake slates to Ron Paul supporters to try and invalidate their votes...

Live stream is here if you want to watch -

www.ustream.tv...

And this does not surprise me at all. Just like the passionate push at the last minute for voter ID's, which I support by the way. But cut the crap GOP, and just try to do this kind of thing in an off election year? That I would support. But their afraid of, what? OH MY! The "other guy" (anyone, notably Obama winning) Wow, have the Republicans gone off the deep end, and it makes me sick they are such cheap shot cowards, and will pull all the tricks they can to win. How about the "trick" of a rational platform and candidate, they had when I was a Republican (now in recovery thank you very much) They disgust me.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Thanks for the link. Looks like things are getting a little heated up there. Apparently the same type of dirty tricks are going on in Main and MA today as well. Busing in people and trying to claim them for delegates. It should tell the story when Romney has so few delegates after claiming victories that he has to bring in impostures.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Its going crazy in Nevada - there are hundreds more 'delegates' than there should be - not everyone in the hall voting by 'voice' is a delegate.

It seems that Romney has bus'd in people from the street.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Looks like the extra 'delegates' trucked in did manage to stop any voice votes, so there were no motions, including any to unbind.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Paul is done for put a fork
in him..

What is all the hype about?

Paul go his message out I thought
THAT was the most important thing..

The only reason PAUL lost is because
no one voted for him simple as that
has nothing to do with romney

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Its going crazy in Nevada - there are hundreds more 'delegates' than there should be - not everyone in the hall voting by 'voice' is a delegate.

It seems that Romney has bus'd in people from the street.

This is crazy. Is there nothing in place to identify who should be there and who should not?

I mean think about this for a second. You can not get into a high school football without a ticket. You can not get into a concert without a ticket. There are very few events these days that one can "sneak" into. So how the hell is it possible that random people can come off the street, attend a State Convention, and pretend to be a Delegate??

Is this a State Convention or a spin off from the movie "Wedding Crashers"?
edit on 5-5-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.ustream.tv...=t.co&utm_source=11030504&utm_medium=social live stream giving his speach now about 3 minutes into it as i post this now

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Paul is done for put a fork
in him..

What is all the hype about?

Paul go his message out I thought
THAT was the most important thing..

The only reason PAUL lost is because
no one voted for him simple as that
has nothing to do with romney

premature mate - he hasnt lost yet

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ah much as I adore Pops out side of the political portion of ATS, he just is anti Ron like we're anti Obamney.
Just opinion there and we're all entitled to our opinions.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Romney delegates trying to remove rule 4b so that they can walk out and end the convention - thus repeating 2008 where the delegates were hand chosen.

The motion was denied - Paul supporters are dominating the room.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Ah much as I adore Pops out side of the political portion of ATS, he just is anti Ron like we're anti Obamney.
Just opinion there and we're all entitled to our opinions.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Romney delegates trying to remove rule 4b so that they can walk out and end the convention - thus repeating 2008 where the delegates were hand chosen.

The motion was denied - Paul supporters are dominating the room.

Keep updating us.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Its now at the nomination phase...

Seriously Ron Paul supporters are DOMINATING the floor.

They won every single motion on the rules.

Ron Paul will walk off with nearly all the delegates here by the look of it, but still ot sure if 20 of them will be bound in round1 at the national convention

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Rule adjustments seem to be over - and the RP supporters did not try to unbind the delegates...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Rule adjustments seem to be over - and the RP supporters did not try to unbind the delegates...

Possibly because those delegates are stealth Paul people?

Thanks UK, keep em coming!

Let us know when the establishment pulls the buildings fire alarm so the convention stops.

<<   2  3 >>

join