It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrant Tax Loophole that will blow you away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

keelynet.com

Multiple people claiming residence at a single address but who don't live there, including nephews and nieces who LIVE IN MEXICO but bring in up to $30,000 in free refunds.

Multi-billion dollar fraud scheme uses ITIN number created for illegal immigrants to pay taxes. ITIN numbers use a loophole called 'additional child credit'. This is used to include children who live in Mexico.

The IRS has known about this loophole for years and done nothing to fix this problem. Now costs more than $4 BILLION per year as more and more sign up to participate in this fraud.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I really don't know how much more I can say about this.... You know the system is completely out of control when your government is taking care of the rest of the WORLD while letting it's own citizens languish. I wish I could say I was surprised by this news but I'm really not. I'm sure most of you aren't either. I just felt strongly that this needed to be posted here on ATS for people to see it.

keelynet.com

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It makes you want to pretend we're all illegals all of the sudden huh? Of course if we pretended to be illegal trespassers within our own nation, I a sure *WE* would be arrested and prosecuted for fraud, among other things... Meanwhile, of course, the people who actually are committing a federal crime by merely standing on the soil, have little to nothing to worry about. They're being paid to be here, right? Yikes....... We're ancient Rome on steroids and it's a 5 alarm fire!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
how can it be fraud if it's a loophole. close the loophole.

corporate america has been using these loopholes to take in billions and pay negative income tax.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If by "loophole" you mean filing a false return, yes, it's a loophole. If that's the case there are a lot of "loopholes".

A qualifying child for purposes of the child tax credit is a child who:

4. Lived with you for more than half of 2011 (

7. Was a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or a U.S. resident alien.

www.irs.gov...

Go ahead and claim a bunch of kids yourself and hope you won't be audited.
edit on 5/4/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

They certainly have... Corps have been loop-holing like this for a long time. We have Occupy, among others, all over the nation and the world condemning those Corporations for choosing to use those loopholes. I don't hear anyone out there on the protest circuit clarifying that position to say the Corps are 'just using a loophole...nothing wrong'.

How does it work then, that doing the same thing Halliburton or Exxon or some crooked business down on the corner is downright evil for a business but it's somehow okay when people from another nation entirely, who don't even have legal basis to STAND HERE and say BOO, screw our system??

I'll agree with the fact that neither is technically committing a crime and the problem lies with the system. At least that lack of official crime seems to be the consensus or something...but if it's okay for them, I want to hear everyone lay off business too. Go after the IRS and Executive Branch where blame really should always have been anyway. Can't have it both ways though...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This a load of hydro chloro bullhockey

Yes people they can legally claim their kids in Mexico and the nieces and nephews there and here.

We all know who made that loophole possible and its the same people pushing the dream act and amnesty.

4 billion dollars waste of cash off your sweat and blood.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie

keelynet.com

Multiple people claiming residence at a single address but who don't live there, including nephews and nieces who LIVE IN MEXICO but bring in up to $30,000 in free refunds.

Multi-billion dollar fraud scheme uses ITIN number created for illegal immigrants to pay taxes. ITIN numbers use a loophole called 'additional child credit'. This is used to include children who live in Mexico.

The IRS has known about this loophole for years and done nothing to fix this problem. Now costs more than $4 BILLION per year as more and more sign up to participate in this fraud.

Don't you realise? If you are not a pure breed then you are the equivalent of a gypsy or an unknown undiscovered tribe who practice canabilism. You are the same as a pygmy or a sudanese warrior. you are now the equivalent as a muslim who marries a 10 year old or a aborigine who sniff petrol. Don't get above your station we are all the same.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It makes you want to pretend we're all illegals all of the sudden huh?

Just give it a while. We'll all be "illegal" soon enough.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

I think you are looking at it the wrong way. Instead of nit picking who is not paying enough. Have a look at who is making the profit. Many corporations have record high profits. Whilst employment plumets. Stop trying to blame the common man. This is the doing of the elite bankers... and they dont pay tax at all..

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I think you are looking at it the wrong way. Instead of nit picking who is not paying enough. Have a look at who is making the profit. Many corporations have record high profits. Whilst employment plumets. Stop trying to blame the common man. This is the doing of the elite bankers... and they dont pay tax at all..

yup, blaming the common man indeed.
local newspaper 2 weeks ago had a big report on the corruption endemic here in PR
an example of corruption from the front page: eating a fruit in the supermarket and not paying for it.

GTFOOH

never mind the narco senators here, or the senator recently kicked out
who just happened to be the pool lifeguard at my college
caught twice giving swimming lessons to teens after hours,
in the nude.

both times given a pass
that's how it is when your family is loaded

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wait so I'm blaming the wrong people? Can you actually read? And if you can did you actually bother to read this article?

The article clearly states that people who don't live and the US and have NEVER Lived in the US are now filing tax returns claiming dependants who also have not and never did live in the US!!!

In other words we are paying tax returns to people who are not paying ANYTHING into the system and shouldn't be a drain on the system at all!

I mean how is it ok for people who don't live in the US at all to claim YOUR government's money? YOU are indirectly paying for these people to defraud you.

It's really that simple.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The article clearly states that people who don't live and the US and have NEVER Lived in the US are now filing tax returns claiming dependants who also have not and never did live in the US!!!

Or some freaking tax preparer is filing them and keeping the profits.

■ Zavala and Pena would quote a lower refund amount to the taxpayer than the amount claimed when filed with the IRS. ■ In some cases, taxpayers were given the refund anticipation loan check, told to cash it and bring a portion of the money back. ■ In other cases, the checks would be generated and taxpayers’ signatures forged. Those checks would be taken to a pawn shop where the owner had authorized employees to cash the checks without the taxpayer being present.

lubbockonline.com...

Tax Preparer Fraud

more fraud

www.justice.gov...

It's really that simple.

Guess not!!!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ok so you are bringing up people that commit fraud.... yeah fraud is a problem and I don't condone that either but that's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about the 4 billion dollars foreign nationals are costing the American Taxpayer AKA ME and YOU.

If you'd like to make a thread about fraud please do I think it's an issue that needs to be addressed but that's not what this thread is about.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, at least poor people are getting a little bit of money out of the huge mess of money the corporations are fleecing the goverment out of in tax rebates, and such, as well as overblown pricing to the Dept of defense...which we all know is so corrupt that trillions have been wasted or lost and continue to be as well....
the lousy four bill is hardly pocket change to the amount halliburton steals on its contracts to the army etc....
Brown root too sucks big big bucks for nada from the feds....
Lockheed is practically an arm of the dod by now...they have open ended deals so does boeing and others on different planes they are developing.
Its a travesty the goverment spends our dough the way it does...but id rather some mexican kids get it than some fat cat contractors.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
All over the country landscapers, restaurants and factories hire illegals in order to provide themselves with cheap manpower. If the governent wants to end this issue, Gov. should target them. Every time an State wants to solve the problem by itself, it hits a wall of BS built by feds.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

keelynet.com

hi, can you please put america in your thread title cause i thought you were talking about my country which....get this IS NOT AMERICA. yup you heard correctly other people from the world come to this site not just you egocentric yanks. kthnxbye!!!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1beerplease

keelynet.com

hi, can you please put america in your thread title cause i thought you were talking about my country which....get this IS NOT AMERICA. yup you heard correctly other people from the world come to this site not just you egocentric yanks. kthnxbye!!!

America is a continent, not a country. Maybe you mean United States.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
On some part we have loopholes, on other parts we cannot even move without being force naked.
On some parts useless people taking advantage of the loophole, on some parts we are forced to pay for something we do not even agree or support.

Life is fair after all!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
if you think thats bad my mom got something in the mail from aarp saying that obama wants to give social security to illegals.and yet it probley wont be there when i need it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join