It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Acting A Little Strange In My Area

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The past few weeks, I have laid in bed in the middle of the night and listened to birds singing... not one or two, but a whole chorus. I cannot remember birds singing at night before. Initially I chalked it up to a full moon and pretty light night, but they also do it when it is black as pitch outside.

Alabama, in case anyone didn't know...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I've not seen any butterflies either but I think it is still a bit early for them.
We have a mocking bird that sings at night. 2-3 am is his prime time.
What's funny though is he has a repertoire that is quite urban- he does sirens, car alarms, house alarms, ect.

He flits around the perimeter of my property by the road. I hope he finds a mate, he sure does try.

The amt here started falling off last year to none this year, but my butterfly bush is already blooming and I usually have a bunch by now.. even the little white ones are missing so far. Like I said, Im just hoping its due to weird weather and all. Ill tell you what I do have thats completely over running everything.. about a million rabbits this year. Not joking.. I have so many rabbits its incredible and Im in a busy populated neighborhood!!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
The past few weeks, I have laid in bed in the middle of the night and listened to birds singing... not one or two, but a whole chorus. I cannot remember birds singing at night before. Initially I chalked it up to a full moon and pretty light night, but they also do it when it is black as pitch outside.

Alabama, in case anyone didn't know...

TheRedneck

I was over at the bird forum,
They were discussing, and wondering why,
more and more of us humans are having a harder time sleeping,
and laying awake at night listening to them.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

My thought is,
as we without knowing,
intimidate more and more of their predators,
they feel safer and sing more.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

That wouldn't apply here. We have predators everywhere; I live inside a forested mountain, untouched by 'civilization'.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You know, here in my area, and I've noticed it for the last couple of years... Bird's singing at 12:30 or 1:00 in the morning. I find it rather odd. I don't ever remember hearing birds singing until just before the crack of dawn until relatively recently.
edit on 21-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

I have noticed the same over here at my place too (Trivandrum, Kerala). Birds singing at 01:30 and 02:00. Kinda spooky at times and makes you wonder why this is happening.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well now, it is almost 2AM, and there is a bunch of crows out back somewhere yapping away. Seems kind of odd to me. Today I also noticed a strange mixed group of crows, seagulls and pigeons. I am not a huge bird fan by any means, but that mixed group flying together struck me as really strange. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a pigeon since I left NY a few years back until today.
edit on Mon, 21 May 2012 23:43:15 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

June bugs scare me more than anything in the world ,lol.

After reading your post I noticed that i have seen ONE....for several years now they have been coming in May instead of June but so far just ONE. and believe me , I am terrified of them enough to be super-aware.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Thanks for all the great and interesting additions to this thread. At least I know I haven't completely lost my mind, just partially.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join