It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter Shows Monsanto Planted GMOs Before USDA Approval

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i´m not going to add much here.
afraid i´ll break my keyboard in half.

just to show you guys how evil Monsanto is and how the USDA turns a blind eye.

yes the source is naturalsociety but you can´t argue with the letter.

here goes.

Did Monsanto actually plant genetically modified alfalfa before it was deregulated by the USDA? There is some shocking evidence that, until recently, was withheld from the public showing that Monsanto’s genetically altered alfalfa may have been set free in 2003 — a full two years or more before it was deregulated in 2005. In a letter, obtained by NaturalSociety with permission to post for public viewing, it becomes clear that the USDA may have turned a blind eye to the entire situation, allowing widespread GMO contamination of GMO-free crops.

Amazingly, the letter actually proves that the USDA was fully aware of the situation. In order to fully understand the intricate details of this event, it is first important to understand a few key factors regarding alfalfa and its connection to the entire food supply.

here´s a little on alfalfa to let you understand how it all works.

Alfalfa is a perennial plant that grows for more than 2 years and may not need to be replanted each year like annuals. Because it is a perennial plant, it is exceptionally vulnerable to contamination. Interestingly, the modified alfalfa — created by Monsanto in partner with a group known as Forage Genetics — was the first perennial plant to be deregulated for open planting by the USDA. But did Monsanto unleash the plant before this occurred?

This is very serious because it is only a matter of time before alfalfa across America could be corrupted with Monsanto’s patented genetically modified trait. Organic meat and dairy could be tainted when animals are fed the modified alfalfa as well, threatening the very integrity of the organic food supply. What’s more, the contamination of natural alfalfa could be nearly impossible — if not entirely impossible — to remedy, so it could actually fracture the genetic stability of the entire crop on a global scale.

A letter from Cal/West Seeds shows that evidence of contamination was withheld and the USDA turned a blind eye to proof of contamination in 2005 which shows it was planted at least two years before it was initially deregulated in 2005. As you can see for yourself, the official letter states:

We first discovered the unintended presence of the Roundup Ready gene in our conventional alfalfa seeds in 2005. It was identified in one of our foundation seed production lots grown in California. We tested the foundation seed lot priot to shipping it to a producer who intended to plant it for organic seed production.

link to letter

make sure you watch the vid as well:

full article

furthermore the article also says this

Contamination levels are still very low, but will undoubtedly increase over time with unexpected results Read more:

but imho that's not the point.

it's about Monsanto planting seeds without approval but with USDA knowlegde.

and what punishment did they get?

not even a slap on the wrist.

sickening

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Dang!! The more I hear about them the more I despise them. They've tried going after them legaly and nothing works due to severe coruption. Maybe the farmers should band together and hire someone that will "persuade" Mosanto to cease and desist their illegal activities.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Monsanto is surely the scourge of the Earth.

All in the name of greed.

Pardon the pun but I believe that company and all associated with it will eventually "reap" what they have sowed.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Sadly famers sticking together won´t make much of a difference.

300.000 organic farmers sue Monsanto in Federal Court

300.000 organic farmers sue Monsanto and lose!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Some good information: www.deepwide.co.uk...

Genetic alteration of food goes back to the 1960s when Codex Alimentarius was written. People who tried to warn others about their ultimate goals were ridiculed. But sure, they were tinkering with this frankenstuff, as far back as the 1940s and probably even earlier. But it was a "good" thing, don't you see.

Here's some more info: www.whoinventedit.net...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

My point exactly. Legaly nothing works. Maybe ilegaly would proove otherwise.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Planting a back yard garden qualifies as illegal these days, especially if you give some of it to a homeless person. Once its at that point, there's not much left to lose.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by kn0wh0w

well illegal methods work for Monsanto as well, maybe it´ll work for us to

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

Pardon the pun but I believe that company and all associated with it will eventually "reap" what they have sowed.

I sure hope you're right.
I don't believe in karma but after reading articles like this i sure hope it's a real thing.

I just don't get why we need to mess with nature.

Nature invented itself over millions of years, yet we cocky humans think we can outperform nature.

This will bite us in the arse, badly.

It also hurts me to see how corrupt the overseeing organisations are.

Infiltrated, bought and payed for

new topics

top topics

join