It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It is entirely possible to get a submarine within 3 miles of the US coast, if that submarine is a diesel/electric submarine.

Here are several links to news stories about Iran having purchased such submarines:

blog.marport.com...
iranprimer.usip.org...
articles.chicagotribune.com...
www.fpif.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by Daedal
Quite possibly could be some saber rattling going on, but it definitely isn't out of the question. Moving to within 3 miles of New York, that's pretty darn close I'd say, whether they could do it or not, I don't know.

Dailycaller.com

The Islamic Republic of Iran said Tuesday that it has the ability to position a naval vessel within three miles of the East Coast of the United States.

“The power of our naval forces is such that we have a presence in all the waters of the world and, if needed, we can move to within three miles of New York,” Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi said Tuesday during a speech to the students of the University of Yazd in Iran. His remarks were quoted by an Iranian student news agency.

edit on 29-4-2012 by jt327gir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jt327gir

no big deal.

i remember hearing jokes of Soviet subs in the Great Lakes.

i suppose Americans should associate Iranian capabilities with Soviet capabilities.

its a stretch of the imagination at the very minimum.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Damn...
Do you guys really still are in that USA vs (insert brown country) silly little game?
How much more time will this charade hold you down?

YOU have no enemies.
The sooner you realize that, the sooner you will see how [SNIP] we all are...

Be good.
Drakus

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 30/4/12 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have been reading this thread, and others. I had decided to refrain from posting in war threads to give me some perspective and also some peace of mind, as they are emotionally draining for me. But have been reading them just the same.
From this perspective what I have seen in these threads from all these people who want to “nuke” or otherwise blow up and kill large swaths of people across the globe is that Americans are serial killers. No holds barred. People who feel powerless and want to gain a sense of power, through the humiliation and murder of those who are more powerless than they, and of a lower socioeconomic group. More than that, or to top that off as if that is not bad enough, I think you all NEED to kill. You all know it is wrong, yet feel the need to convince others, if not yourself, that it is somehow justifiable. But this need is insatiable. You need periods of cooling off in between, in identical fashion to a serial killer.
There is nothing in my profile of you all that does not fit a nation of serial killers; an entire nation of people with a desire, a need, to kill those weaker than you.

The last type of serial killer is the “power/control serial killer”. The power/control serial killer is motivated by the need for power and dominance (Holmes, 2000). “Victims share common characteristics of what are perceived to prestige less, powerless, and lower socioeconomic groups. (Egger, 1984, p. 8-9). Even truly sadistic serial killers are more evil than crazy; though their crimes may be sickening they are not sick in either a medical or legal sense. He definitely knows right from wrong, definitely knows he has committed a sinful act, but simply doesn’t care about his human prey. (Levin and Fox, 1985, p. 229-230). For "the serial killer the motivation is not one of only money or power. The serial killer is simply motivated to kill, as you or I need water, the serial killer NEEDS to kill" (Serial Killers, Online, 2000).

www.scribd.com...

My hope is perhaps, if you all take back your sense of power from your government, that it will stop you from being, or wanting to be, serial killers. But right now, from this perspective, I no longer know. Definitely an aspect I did not realize or see before, and something to study.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
As an ex Navy P-3 ASW aircrewman, I can guarantee you that no military vessel from any other country crosses the 15 mile international line (12 nautical miles) into US waters without explicit permission. If it were a submarine, there would just be a huge explosion seen at sea at about 14.9 miles......
edit on 29-4-2012 by charlyv because: clarity

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This Iranian Naval Admiral is proud to get within 3 miles of New York? HA! We can LITERALLY get within 3 inches of his scrotum with our precision guided cherry bombs. Maybe it's time to just do it, and end all the bluster coming from Iran's leadership. No need to kill thousands of innocents. Just aim for the leaders and FIRE! If Obama won't, hopefully Romney will.
-cwm

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What are they talking about?

Submarines?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Does anyone honestl think an Iranian diesel/electric submarine could "sneak" into US territorial waters without the US Navy tracking their every move? Seriously. Remember the USS Dallas in Red October? That's technology that is over thirty years old. The threat of short range missiles brought close to the American shore via tramp steamers, etc . is a valid one, but it isn't something the US armed forces couldn't handle. All three coasts are completely wired. The only real issue is getting hte current POTUS to get his head out of his rear and recognize serious threats for what they are.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Whether it is the media trying to scare us again or just Iran trying to create problems again.......

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Is this the same Admiral that boasted they would send Iranian Ships to Venezuela sometime last year? How'd that work out? Talk is cheap, till they do it, it's all bluster.

I'd like to to see a Iranian Navy vessel come within our territorial waters uninvited. They'd only have to get by the US 4th, 5th and 6th Fleets. No problem for such a navy such as Iran.

edit on 29-4-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
as a veteran of the US Navy (USS Jouett CG-29 - RIP), i can guarantee you that iran could not deploy war ships 3 miles off the coast of NY.

15 miles out is international waters, so any closer and they would be trespassing on our property so to speak.
our navy is THE most capable on the planet and there are battle groups everywhere connecting the dots to other battle groups.

there is no way iran could park their ships here unless they were invited. period.
edit on 4/28/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

Maybe the Iranian admiral meant Great Britain...they have 3 mile limit......but I think the U.S.A. is 12 nautical miles

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
RANGE??????

Originally posted by jt327gir
It is entirely possible to get a submarine within 3 miles of the US coast, if that submarine is a diesel/electric submarine.

Here are several links to news stories about Iran having purchased such submarines:

blog.marport.com...
iranprimer.usip.org...
articles.chicagotribune.com...
www.fpif.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by Daedal
Quite possibly could be some saber rattling going on, but it definitely isn't out of the question. Moving to within 3 miles of New York, that's pretty darn close I'd say, whether they could do it or not, I don't know.

Dailycaller.com

The Islamic Republic of Iran said Tuesday that it has the ability to position a naval vessel within three miles of the East Coast of the United States.

“The power of our naval forces is such that we have a presence in all the waters of the world and, if needed, we can move to within three miles of New York,” Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi said Tuesday during a speech to the students of the University of Yazd in Iran. His remarks were quoted by an Iranian student news agency.

edit on 29-4-2012 by jt327gir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What is completely laughable about ATS is that the same folks who say Israeli subs would never get close to to Russia are the same ones who now say Iranian subs could come all the way to the US.

Cant have it both ways YOU FREAKING IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
How silly is Alah Bambibakbar... Admiral who just doesn't know what is he talking about and don't have the facts right. It doesn't take to be a scientist or and expert of any sort that there is no way the heck their toy boats or subs will get that close to Manhattan or even Long Island. First see study geography before you join the dam navy.

The only real way to get 3 miles close to Manhattan is to cross the Verrazano Bridge which the water is shallow and really small gap. Jets will bomb the fleet miles before it makes it any where near NY. With all the high tech toys the US has it will be easily detected, look how close is 3 miles from Mahattan and the cost of NY at Long Island in the pics below. Go figure

The red circle is Liberty Island

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Yes, they will move a uber-battleship three miles off the coast of NYC and then they will bomb us to smithereens.

They will shoot the head off the statue of liberty. Damn.

There's only one solution: Nuke the damn Iranians back to stone age.

We've got a couple aircraft carriers only three miles off their coast so we can easily do it if we strike now !!

Sure, right after we nuke Israel off the face of the Earth. Let's get moving on your plan ASAP.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darvesh
So you wish to kill our brothers, fathers and sons, ravage our land and steal the resources and then Rape our women, our mothers, sisters and daughters? yea?

no actually they can keep murdering eachother for the rest of the civilized world all on their own.

I don't want to steal your resources... I have plenty.

we don't rape your women, they give themselves to Mr America freely... (that's what I've been called before personally) the majority of Muslim women love mr america (of all races and ethnicities, because that is who we are)

your mothers have been thru hell, why not give them a break?

your daughters are already being raped and sold thru an Imam which is obviously legal in Iranian culture, though the grown females are not even allowed on the street...

so let me get this correct... the age to buy a female thru an Imam has been lowered from 12 years old to 9 years old correct?

some Holy Men you have there in Islam Land.

Google Video Link

all of this sponsored and promoted by Allah?

I am sorry but your souls will be utterly destroyed... all the males of age! -inshallah

edit on 30-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by Darvesh
So you wish to kill our brothers, fathers and sons, ravage our land and steal the resources and then Rape our women, our mothers, sisters and daughters? yea?

I don't want to steal your resources... I have plenty.

we don't rape your women, they give themselves to Mr America freely... (that's what I've been called before personally) the majority of Muslim women love mr america (of all races and ethnicities, because that is who we are)

your mothers have been thru hell, why not give them a break?

I am sorry but your souls will be utterly destroyed... all the males of age! -inshallah

Mr. Syphilis Ride,

I know you are speaking to Darvesh and he will answer of his own accord, but I could not let this go...

1) if you do not want our resources then get out of our countries, tell your government to quit stealing our land and resources because this is exactly what they are doing.

2) I would gladly walk through hell fire before I would be with your kind.... GLADLY... trust me, dead is the only way you would get arab women because we wouldn't have you willingly... I speak from knowledge here, as I myself am an arab...

3) your posting history, only 489 stars for over 1300 posts, speaks a lot for your style, and your personality, apparently you do not have a history of quality here... you do appear consistent in that as your post here indicates.

And to the Moderating staff, if you are going to delete Darvesh's posts then you should delete the above posters too! as well as those to whom he was replying... since what they said was sick, Darvesh simply spoke in defense of us.If you all will allow posters to speak of having arab and persian woman then you should allow our men to defend our honor!!!!!!!!!

edit on 30-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
War posturing.

This is why ATS sucks now.

Don't forget to put on your collar and say, "Yes master." when you're done arguing.
edit on 30-4-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join