It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the big change in North Carolina?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Five months ago a straw poll was conducted in NC, the next state to vote on May 8th. Here are the results:

Ron Paul 52.2%
Mitt Romney 3.6%

630 respondents

The latest NC poll shows:

Mitt Romney 48%
Ron Paul 12%

521 respondents

So, what has changed?

The same trend is true of California, where Ron Paul thrashed his competitors, taking 53.4% to Romneys 12.6%

These percentages more closely match the types of crowds and support RP is pulling outside the voting booth.

So has opinion really changed that much? Do the huge crowds, and tiny crowds for Romney actually not reflect the poular opinion?

What's going on?
edit on 28/4/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
fraud, i guess

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Why does it have to be fraud?

Why can't it be that people don't think that Ron Paul can win, and they want to vote for someone who has a chance?

Another question is are these the same people that took place in the poll in the first place, or are these 500 different people?

Not everything is a fraud or a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines

Why can't it be that people don't think that Ron Paul can win, and they want to vote for someone who has a chance?

Another question is are these the same people that took place in the poll in the first place, or are these 500 different people?

You obviously don´t understand Ron Paul. There is no such thing as a "ex-Ron Paul supporter". Once you get the message, you will never go back to being a mindless drone. Fraud is the only possible answer here.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I will be voting for Paul in NC when the time comes (soon actually). I am more apt to believe it has to do with fraud. Just the last couple of days I have been really pumped about all the Ron Paul signs popping up all over town, from the high school all the way out in BFE to the courthouse right downtown. Paul signs are everywhere. However this morning when I rode by the courthouse to go to work, only the Paul signs were piled up in the front lawn having been picked up from various points across the town and dumped back in front of the polling station. Disgusting. But on a similar note, there isnt a single sign for any other candidate out there. Not one. Gingrich has been in my state for a week and no signs, he was in my town even, and still no signs, and this was before he announced his plans to suspend campaigning. So i dont know, I am personally seeing ground support swell, with numbers dwindling. Doesnt make sense.

Oh and I will be going and picking up all the signs to re-distribute back across town, silly little people, they dont know how motivated some of us really are.

RON PAUL 2012!
edit on 28-4-2012 by phishfriar47 because: had to change wrong word

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by Submarines

You obviously don´t understand Ron Paul. There is no such thing as a "ex-Ron Paul supporter". Once you get the message, you will never go back to being a mindless drone. Fraud is the only possible answer here.

I have to agree once people become Ron Paul supporters its not because they "feel like it" its because they have evolved through the political system to the point they understand there is no Republican or Democrat party and both supposed sides always do the same thing.

Ron Paul supporters stick to their values just like ron paul

We are only as good as the leaders we follow.... we want Ron Paul

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Pretty much my man. This election is where the rubber hits the road. Deep down inside, i believe a landslide majority is going to vote for Paul, something happens in the middle with fuzzy logic (those in power and control dont want Paul) and America is going to be left with a president that they didn't vote for.

Well, we all know this happens
. But this time the masses are going to be aware of the all mighty electoral college. Then we get to watch boom goes the dynamite as America has it's second revolution.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Wait a month after the primary vote, then check the numbers.
According to MSM Romney won Iowa, Nevada, Massachusetts, Colorado, Missouri and Washington.
Wonder what the numbers will be in May from the last several primarys ?
The June convention is gonna be great !

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Every time I hear Ron Paul's name I laugh out loud.

He is gaining a reputation of that of a punchline, much like Algore. But instead of being associated with Global Warming like Algore, he is getting the reputation of the guy with rabid, cult like followers. Also sort of like Mr. MaGoo, a senile old man who keeps going on without a clue, blind to the world around him.

Yep, I just compared Ron Paul (and his followers) to Mr. MaGoo.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
RP is many times more credible than Al Gore or any other person you want to mention (Multiply by 10). Besides that whats your point??
edit on 29-4-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Every time I hear Ron Paul's name I laugh out loud.

He is gaining a reputation of that of a punchline, much like Algore. But instead of being associated with Global Warming like Algore, he is getting the reputation of the guy with rabid, cult like followers. Also sort of like Mr. MaGoo, a senile old man who keeps going on without a clue, blind to the world around him.

Yep, I just compared Ron Paul (and his followers) to Mr. MaGoo.

Yep and I'm sure you know more about kim kardashian or what ever her name is than you do ron paul, Take the spoon of the msm out of your mouth and actually do some reading. Its not "ron paul" that everyone truely supports.. its his message and his record of voting for the constitution...

Do you like the constitution?

Do you believe when the president or any other member of public office SWEARS to uphold the constitution that they should actually do that??

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

Yep and I'm sure you know more about kim kardashian or what ever her name is than you do ron paul, Take the spoon of the msm out of your mouth and actually do some reading. Its not "ron paul" that everyone truely supports.. its his message and his record of voting for the constitution...

Do you believe when the president or any other member of public office SWEARS to uphold the constitution that they should actually do that??

Ron Paul gets his followers from his anti-war, pro-drug stance, period. Not a good mix to garner many Republican votes. Paul has been a running joke for 8 years.

Did you know that Paris Hilton and Perez Hilton are NOT related? I thought they were siblings until a couple of days ago. True story.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ron Paul comes from a humble background, has conservative social beliefs and solid Christian values. He stumps on lower taxes, less foreign aid, and a return to core constitutional principles. That is why he is so attractive to your average Republican and conservative Democrat voter.

North Carolina is my home state, and RP is wildly popular here. What is NOT popular is a candidate like Romney - an elitist New Englander and a phony who is only looking to protect the wealthy. They'd rather vote for Paul than Romney. Hell, they'd rather vote for Santorum than Romney. The GOP knows that, which is why they'll resort to election fraud, as they always do.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is just a case of confusion. You are comparing Straw Polls to Opinion Polls. Straw Polls require supporters to go to a place to be polled, with results easly scewed by a small group of loyal supporters. Opinion polls are statistical sampling of the population. So as to your question nothing has changed.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
To MrSpad : Thanks for an actual answer. out of all of these responses only two offered and explanation. First was fraud with nothing to back it up, (i have enough proof of that but some others might not) and then yours with the difference between straw and opinion polls. Everyone else just wasted my time and ats' Internet space.
I too believe it is fraud: and this is why
www.abovetopsecret.com...

that should get you started

edit on 29-4-2012 by eazyriderl_l because: edit for respect to MrSpad

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Where are you getting these numbers?

Source please.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

The straw poll you are speaking of is this one.

www.thecarolinapatriot.com...

It was an online straw poll...and even the people at the Daily Paul thought it looked shady.

www.dailypaul.com...

But I'm sure they still spread it through every facebook page and forum they could find.

The ohter polls are true random sample polls...not a voluntary go to this website (that no one has heard of) and enter your voter registration number (btw...whoever did enter their vote registration number to vote in that straw poll is an idiot) and vote.

If you want to see a history of the polls in NC...here are all of them since October 2010.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Ron Paul has been consistently low in all these polls....Paul has gone from a 7% to a 12% since October 2010...not much has changed.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The media tells you what to do.

The media stops mentioning Ron Paul and people forget about him.

Simple.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by Doalrite

Ron Paul gets his followers from his anti-war, pro-drug stance, period. Not a good mix to garner many Republican votes. Paul has been a running joke for 8 years.

Did you know that Paris Hilton and Perez Hilton are NOT related? I thought they were siblings until a couple of days ago. True story.

Anti war and pro drug stance PERIOD... huh... what about state rights, federal reserve and fiscal responsiblity, following the constitution 100 percent of the time

Also that he is a war vet, a doctor as well

How about how he wants to fix the tax code and end the IRS.....

The facts about the Hilton people you speak of yeah I've heard of paris... who hasnt, she got a smokin hot body however I really don't care what she does or who she does or who she is related too..

top topics

join