It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I Wanted America To Fail" Video Goes Viral, Twitter Suspends Group's Website

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hey, wasn't that about the time Jimmie Carter was Prez and we had long lines for gas, and people got in line to top off their tanks because of the scarcity? I remember that scenario. The liberal left blames Nixon though for it. Funny how they say Nixon put price controls on gas. How's that for irony, the liberal left blaming a Republican President for regulations on one of the most vital energy sources. They also claim Jimmy Carter deregulated it. Did they throw ol Jimmy in front of the bus?

Must be more to it.

Strangely enough, Wikipedia blames deregulation of oil prices and Jimmy Carter stopping Iranian imports due to that crisis of foreign policy, and allowing US oil output to rise sharply. Sounds like a liberal wrote this.

en.wikipedia.org...

wikipedia is known to be highly liberal
edit on 28-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Looking at Jimmy Carters address to the nation, one can easily see him spouting the usual environmentalist rhetoric of scarcity. Scarcity props up prices and reduces production. No wonder we had long lines at the pump. '

We simply must balance our demand for energy with our rapidly shrinking resources. By acting now, we can control our future instead of letting the future control us.

I know that some of you may doubt that we face real energy shortages. The 1973 gasoline lines are gone, and our homes are warm again. But our energy problem is worse tonight than it was in 1973 or a few weeks ago in the dead of winter. It is worse because more waste has occurred, and more time has passed by without our planning for the future. And it will get worse every day until we act.

Because we are now running out of gas and oil, we must prepare quickly for a third change, to strict conservation and to the use of coal and permanent renewable energy sources, like solar power.

www.pbs.org...

Of course that all sounds benign compared to Obama's Green message of bankrupting the coal companies to force us into solar and wind power and electric cars, and oh wait, electric costs would necessarily skyrocket....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
These people are not stupid. They have effectively brought this right wing garbage and stuffed it into everyones mouths, they have people arguing their points who don't even have a reason to be arguing in the first place. the best part is, by blocking the video for a few hours, they have tripled the amount of people who have seen, argued or been a part of the conversation. If it would not have been blocked for part of earth day do you think it would have shown up here at ATS?

This video is a bash on responsible consumerism, environmentalism, and anyone who believes there should be regulations on "free market" do not be fooled into thinking that people like the man in the video care about the economy, country, or anyone other than himself. He and others like him are evil, in a current sense of the word. They do not care about their own children. Definitely don't care about their children's children, or theirs' own, or the environment that e live in. It's a fools errand trying to communicate with someone of this nature. It is like trying to argue with someone who is severely mentally unstable. They have no ability to look back and examin their own footprint and therefore are incapable of being responsible with it.

The real fact of the matter is that we are borrowing this fragile planet from future generations. I am sure that it is hard if not impossible for this man to imagine how the world will be in a thousand years if we employ his philosophies from now on, but I can assure you that we will not be around to enjoy our planet if this happens. Until faces like this man in the video are quieted, shut down, or jailed for their crimes against the future generations, we are all going to be "Failing America."

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How many people complaining about the evils are doing anything other than running your mouths? What are you doing to help? Got any viable alternatives? Until someone starts coming up with some real alternatives, all green people are doing is playing lip service. Trying to ease their own consciences by shifting the blame to the evil ones.

A lot of people who claim to be going green are full of it. They are still using electricity, still using cars and trucks. Find me an electric car that can pull a trailer full of oak flooring, or framing materials, I will happily use it. Problem is, there is no such thing. Maybe hybrid and electric cars are great for paper pushers living in the suburbs and such, but not for construction workers, farmers, and loads of other jobs out there. We actually need those evil diesel engines to do useful things, like build houses, roads, buildings. Like produce useful things like food.

The only green people out there are the amish folks, and people like them. Are you willing to give up electricity and easy transportation? Talk about maintenance, imagine having to feed and shelter, and clean up poop from your green ride.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Right wing partisan BS

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
How many people complaining about the evils are doing anything other than running your mouths? What are you doing to help? Got any viable alternatives? Until someone starts coming up with some real alternatives, all green people are doing is playing lip service. Trying to ease their own consciences by shifting the blame to the evil ones.

A lot of people who claim to be going green are full of it. They are still using electricity, still using cars and trucks. Find me an electric car that can pull a trailer full of oak flooring, or framing materials, I will happily use it. Problem is, there is no such thing. Maybe hybrid and electric cars are great for paper pushers living in the suburbs and such, but not for construction workers, farmers, and loads of other jobs out there. We actually need those evil diesel engines to do useful things, like build houses, roads, buildings. Like produce useful things like food.

The only green people out there are the amish folks, and people like them. Are you willing to give up electricity and easy transportation? Talk about maintenance, imagine having to feed and shelter, and clean up poop from your green ride.
exactly

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Good point. But you only begin to touch on horse maintenance.

When you park your horse in the winter after a hard ride to the general store, you have to put a blanket on it. Horses can get pneumonia, and they die from it. You have to trim and clean their hooves, shoe and re-shoe them. You don't just pull your horse in the driveway or into the garage, hop out and run in the house to watch American Idol. You have to unhitch it from whatever it is that it has been pulling, then take it out of the harness and rigging and lead it into the stable or barn..... Not something we find in most suburban neighborhoods. Feed them too much hay, they can die.... Feed them too little hay, they can die. IOW, diet is not something that you can just guess at. One thing you can count on... Amish folks don't have or need a Stairmaster in their homes.

You hit the nail right on the head. With current technology, the electric car folks can do little more than shuttle their butts back and forth on a short commute... and haul precious little else. All the while, using electricity generated by mostly TWO ways, fossil fuels and nuclear power.

Why should we force ourselves into being a third world country until better technology is available?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by DavidWillts

there is an effect

That's all I said. And it's completely true. To state the chemicals released by burning oil have zero reaction with the environment is completely naive. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know it.

No that is not all you said which is why you had to copy and paste that little snip out of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by Muckster

that was very well written you should make a thread for that so more people will be able to appreciate it

Thank you for your kind words... and to others who liked my post.

I took your advice... made it its own thread... and it got closed with a link back to this thread

Guess theres only room for one thread on this subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Nobody care what these lunatics think or say. Well, about 5% of America but an irrelevant bunch just the same. Now go look for a birth certificate.

Bunch of loons. You realize demographics is going to wipe you out and you can't stop it?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
If I wanted America to fail, I'd let corporations buy the House, Senate and Presidency... after buying the Supreme Court.

True story bro.....

I would not have to pretend climate change isn't happening either.

M.

riiiight. Because climate changes. Like it has over the last 30 million years. You do understand that the "global warming"/"climate change" fearmongering has been pounded into the dust at this point, right?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dron020
Right wing partisan BS

^^ left wing ignorance.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
And then the Twitter page for Free Market America, the group behind the video, was suspended midway through Earth Day!

Well of course because the Earth day people are Marxists, they do not like free market anything.
edit on 27-4-2012 by CaptainCaveMan because: (no reason given)

this video lies...that's why it was removed....please tell me where there is a "free" market, and how it operates. this is a corporate threat that if people and governments do not let them do whatever they want with no control, there will be dire consequences.
economics 101 proves this video false...but of course that is a college course, so it is elitist.

you just said nothing. Congratulations. The fact that you spent the energy to mash your keyboard to say nothing is troubling: did you have extra energy to give?

Free markets work: supply - demand. Don't quote economics 101 unless you actually passed the class, which it's obvious you haven't.

Invoking "elitists" doesn't make your post credible.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRLAs for clean, you got a better idea?
Solar panels, fuel cells, and reclaimed water work great together.
This video will not embed.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdQRVQtffw

Of course, this is only part of what can be done to make us literally energy independent.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but you are the coolest person I've ever run across. Have you got any other media I can check out?
edit on 28-4-2012 by gentledissident because: WTF is going on?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The lines were in 1973. Nixon was president. Not Carter.

edit on 2012/4/28 by Another10Pin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by neo96

Hey, wasn't that about the time Jimmie Carter was Prez and we had long lines for gas, and people got in line to top off their tanks because of the scarcity? I remember that scenario. The liberal left blames Nixon though for it. Funny how they say Nixon put price controls on gas. How's that for irony, the liberal left blaming a Republican President for regulations on one of the most vital energy sources. They also claim Jimmy Carter deregulated it. Did they throw ol Jimmy in front of the bus?

Must be more to it.

Strangely enough, Wikipedia blames deregulation of oil prices and Jimmy Carter stopping Iranian imports due to that crisis of foreign policy, and allowing US oil output to rise sharply. Sounds like a liberal wrote this.

en.wikipedia.org...

wikipedia is known to be highly liberal
edit on 28-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

That was the second shock. The first had to do with an embargo by OPEC against the U.S. for it's support of Israel. But we get it, the liberals are evil!!!!

And wiki is liberal...I'm sorry, Are facts liberal now? Omg, what do we do?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

"I’d make cheap energy expensive, so that expensive energy would seem cheap."

Clean energy is only "expensive" because govts are so addicted to dirty fuel and, frankly, because it's 'easier'.

For example, if all the handouts to automotive manufacturers was only given with the proviso that these companies innovate and design their vehicles to use clean fuels, it would make this so called "expensive energy" just as competitive as the conventional, ground-pillaged kind.

Any argument can seem cogent when orated to stirring piano scores and without all the facts.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I like your take on this, you make me smile! Thankyou!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I liked you re- write as well!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Make real investments in better ways to produce energy, that are cleaner, cheeper and, more efficient than fossil fuels. Such as solar. If we put as much energy into make solar power a viable option as we did to get at the more remote deposits of oil left on the planet. We would certainly be able to produce the energy we need to fuel our society, and more without hurting ourselves or the planet.

You can't keep pumping that junk in the air and not expect it to bite you back.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join