It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I Wanted America To Fail" Video Goes Viral, Twitter Suspends Group's Website

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Anthropogenic global warming/climate change or not, the fact remains that the human species is systematically destroying the ecology of this planet. If you deny this fact, you are either misinformed or just plain stupid. There is not a single honest, peer reviewed ecologist or biologist on the planet who will tell you otherwise. Every single ecological system on Earth is in moderate or severe decline as a direct result of human exploitation.

Who cares about global warming when every stream, river, and lake is polluted beyond the point of supporting life? Who cares about global warming when the very air we breath is toxic? Who cares about global warming when the forests and fields are so ravaged they can no longer grow that which we need to survive? Who cares about global warming when the oceans are so full of pesticides and particulated plastic that even the basic forms of life at the bottom of the food chain are unable to survive?

Global warming is irrelevant when the planet's ecosystem is in full scale collapse. Those who support the continuation of this unsustainable and deadly path for the meaningless goal of economic recovery are the most short sighted and contemptable people on Earth. Subsequent generations will experience a planet that has become a living hell in which the soil barely supports life enough to feed themselves, and they will be relegated to picking through the trash and filth of their forebearers just to survive. And they will hate you for it, and curse us all for our stupidity and greed.

I want America to fail, and it will do so, but not for the reasons the idiot in this video states. America will fail because it, like most nations, is participating in the rampant and unchecked exploitation of natural resources. If you are young, you will witness this failure, and you will wish you had listened to people like me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by TKDRL

I’d cut off America’s supply of cheap, abundant energy. I couldn’t take it by force. So, I’d make Americans feel guilty for using the energy that heats their homes, fuels their cars, runs their businesses, and powers their economy.

Abundant energy... riiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhttttttttt......

He's talking about oil as if it were cheap clean abundant energy.
I'm sorry, but he is wrong... oil based fuels are a huge problem.
His entire argument is based on money and prosperity (greed).

If that asshole didn't want America to fail he wouldn't suggest that we continue to focus on
technology that was invented 160 years ago.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
And then the Twitter page for Free Market America, the group behind the video, was suspended midway through Earth Day!

Well of course because the Earth day people are Marxists, they do not like free market anything.
edit on 27-4-2012 by CaptainCaveMan because: (no reason given)

this video lies...that's why it was removed....please tell me where there is a "free" market, and how it operates. this is a corporate threat that if people and governments do not let them do whatever they want with no control, there will be dire consequences.
economics 101 proves this video false...but of course that is a college course, so it is elitist.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vappunaamari
The behaviour of large companies like Twitter or FB is outrageous.

Please people, do not support businesses like that. Have a backbone.

i do not have facebook, i do not twitter, i do not own a smartphone. if i want to interact socially, i will use my $39.99 go phone and call a friend, and/or set up a meeting face-to-face.
i have been able to live quite confortably without using 99.99% of any "apps"
maybe the best way to live is to have time each and every day, to be in a quiet and private place all to yourself, unencumbered by distractions, or people.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I will admit that the one thing that this video did remind me of, is the fact that the Right apparently still need trauma counselling, over the fact that the 50s ended. What's even more disturbing, is that it seems that they've managed to also indoctrinate said perspective into post-Boomers, as well.

edit on 28-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this video. It's blatant fearmongering, which is whatever, but the spokesman has a problem with environmental conservation? He's basically saying, "let's return to the 1950's guys!!! Everythang wuz bettur in da past!?"

Basically the video is yet another distraction for uninformed people. I don't care how you plan to succeed, nobody has the right to rape and pillage our planet in the name of profit.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
If I wanted America to fail, I'd let corporations buy the House, Senate and Presidency... after buying the Supreme Court.

True story bro.....

I would not have to pretend climate change isn't happening either.

M.

That has already completed and now they are doing for states what they have done for the rederal government.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Good luck with your "prosperous" society.

Well, thank you! Does that mean you are leaving our prosperous society? Do you need help with that door?

edit on 28-4-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Amazing video, it felt good watching it. Lets just hope TPTB didnt create it, trying to hype us up for some phony over-throw or get more Occupy people arrested. The youtube vid has over a million hits, thats a good start
Rap videos have over 300 millions hits, but we will see.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yep The largest polluters in the world China and India and all parts east

liberals/Democrats going to legislate them?

Nope sounds like that word

Neocons!

Global Warming the Nwo

NEOCONS!

"for the good of the people" "limited resources"

Definiltely sounds communist,
edit on 28-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

The article points out that Twitter has a history of supporting free speech and activism, as long as such things support a particular status quo.

Right, so it's only considered "free" speech unless it's about the government. You can say anything you want as long as it isn't about the government
. Thats not free speech, it is communism.

It's ok to own a firearm as long as it stays at the police department.

You have the right to a peaceable assembly as long as it isn't peaceably protesting the government outside federal government buildings and without a permit.

Reminds me of when Henry Ford first starting mass producing the Model T using a factory assembly line to build them. The slogan of the day Ford used was "you can have one in any color you want...as long as it was black".

Same principle used in America today, you can have "freedom" anyway you want as long as someone else tells you what that freedom is and how you excercise it and with the proper permits ofcourse

See where america is headed?
edit on 28-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

"church of climatology"

Aint that the truth

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Right wing pro corporate propaganda. Deregulate so we can further our profits, stock our bunkers and watch the world burn. People that buy into this, with all the scientific data available, are too far gone. Keep cheering for big oil's massive profits and you will win that race to the bottom.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

While driving through Kansas last month, we passed a wind farm that stretched out so long we couldn't see the end of it driving for miles. It stretched through an entire county. Imagine how much land is used for wind farms.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

Who cares about global warming when the forests and fields are so ravaged they can no longer grow

I'm in a place where there are plenty of trees. It's just cold, which probably explains why you are not here. I've also been to extremely beautiful forested areas in N Africa which are breathtaking to behold. Again, you are not there.

oh yeah and I bet you are one of Rush's most avid followers...

I want America to fail, and it will do so,

edit on 28-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

you can't go by a single minute of watching t.v. or the news when some lame no name talking head no ones ever heard of mentions twitter or facebook or tries to recruit you to be a follower.

who are they, that i would actually care what they have to say.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I hope your post gets spammed all over the internet and goes viral as well

I really enjoyed that

edit on 28-4-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"right wing corporate blah blah blah"

Listen to Archie 30 years ago.

Actually thats left wing corporatism

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I dont think anyone truly knows what America succeeding looks like. You may think you do but all of that is merely someone elses thoughts beliefs and emotions handed down to you.

Think of yourselves as nothing more than tape recorders and playback devices nothing more.
This is one truth that you will never be able to swallow.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join