It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can God love?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Can God love?

We are told that the mythical bible God is love or the epitome of love.

Archetypal Jesus said that we would know his people by the love, deeds and actions they showed others.

Jesus gave us examples of the deeds and works. Feed the poor, love all our neighbours, do not sin and many others.

Love then, seems to Jesus, to be something that must be shown by deeds, actions and works to be alive and true love. Love, like faith, without works is dead. Both St. James and Jesus agree on this.

It follows then that if God is not doing something to show this love then the love for man expressed in scriptures is wrong and God cannot love.

You are in the image of God. When you love someone you show them that love by works and deeds. This is how the recipient of that love knows it is there and that allows for reciprocity. You will agree that without reciprocity, true love cannot exist between two individuals. We must do things for each other for true love to exist.

Imagine what those you love would think if you never did anything to express your love. Imagine what you would think of the love of others towards you if they never did anything to show they loved you. See what I mean. Love always must have deeds to be real and true and reciprocity must be at play.

Love then has no choice but to be expressed if it is true love.

We are told that God loved his son so much that he planned to have him sacrificed even before the earth was created. This human sacrifice or any other human sacrifice, voluntary or not, is immoral and the notion that it is good to sacrifice an innocent victim to give the guilty believers a free ride into heaven is a completely self-gratifying notion and is completely immoral. One does not show love for someone by having them sacrificed for the sins of others when God himself stated that we are all responsible for our own salvation and cannot put that responsibility of the shoulders of a scapegoat Jesus.

Does love need deeds and works to be expressed?

Have you seen God express his love for us lately?

Regards
DL

These following speak to this issue if you wish to view them.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

This human sacrifice or any other human sacrifice, voluntary or not, is immoral and the notion that it is good to sacrifice an innocent victim to give the guilty believers a free ride into heaven is a completely self-gratifying notion and is completely immoral.

Its not there in the bible.
Its doctrine... concocted by stitching together unrelated verses.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Showing love towards someone does not always come across to the one aimed at as love ...ie.I love my child and so take care to protect and teach them that they may not agree with at the time,but may realize it as such later on in life ....John 3:16 says that God so loved the world that He gave His Son ..The Son confirmed the love God had and came to be the perfect sacrifice needed to atone for the sins of the world ..We as humans appropriate that atonement threw faith ...Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. No greater love can one show than to lay down ones life for another ...peace

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm a bit of a firecracker today. It's Friday. Date Night. Looking forward to the weekend with the kids. So in response to the thread title,

Isn't it rather arbitrary whether God loves us or not? We are being. We can give it our best shot - at life that is. Our best shot in making ourselves a long-lasting species is love tempered by common sense. Love yourself, love others, and love the world you live upon.

Everything else just seems to complicate matters!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
Showing love towards someone does not always come across to the one aimed at as love ...ie.I love my child and so take care to protect and teach them that they may not agree with at the time,but may realize it as such later on in life ....John 3:16 says that God so loved the world that He gave His Son ..The Son confirmed the love God had and came to be the perfect sacrifice needed to atone for the sins of the world ..We as humans appropriate that atonement threw faith ...Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. No greater love can one show than to lay down ones life for another ...peace

Christ from my point of view came here to preach the message and suffered a life that he did not deserved because of the smallmindedness of humanity. Jesus death was not for us. Death is never for any one but the person dying, it is the release/going home. Jesus was not the first and is not the last.

Sorry you have to evolve yourself, nobody can do it for you. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill

edit on 27-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I think this is the best thread you're written...

We are told that God loved his son so much that he planned to have him sacrificed even before the earth was created.

Doesn't it say "God loves the world so much" that he sacrificed his son?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved

Sacrificing one for the many isn't moral?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

This human sacrifice or any other human sacrifice, voluntary or not, is immoral and the notion that it is good to sacrifice an innocent victim to give the guilty believers a free ride into heaven is a completely self-gratifying notion and is completely immoral.

Its not there in the bible.
Its doctrine... concocted by stitching together unrelated verses.

Perhaps true but Christian do not seem to realize that it is an immoral doctrine that they preach.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Yep. Nothing like showing the love for your child by making him a ransom and forcing his murder.
And you think that is good love do you?

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Christ from my point of view came here to preach the message and suffered a life that he did not deserved because of the smallmindedness of humanity. Jesus death was not for us. Death is never for any one but the person dying, it is the release/going home. Jesus was not the first and is not the last.

Sorry you have to evolve yourself, nobody can do it for you. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill

edit on 27-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

Well put by a good mind.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I think this is the best thread you're written...

We are told that God loved his son so much that he planned to have him sacrificed even before the earth was created.

Doesn't it say "God loves the world so much" that he sacrificed his son?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved

Sacrificing one for the many isn't moral?

Thanks for the kudos.
Not to pat myself on the back but you may be right as believers are staying away in droves.

Yes, sacrificing oneself for the many is moral.

For God to set his son's murder as a ransom is not. It is insanity.

Scriptures say that God forgave others before that point of murdering time so he could have just maintained that standard.

No need for blood at all.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I don't think God planned for them to eat the forbidden fruit ,but that He knew they would ,and knew what it would require for Him to redeem His creation .....Its kind of like a married couple knowing the effort and the heart aches in having a child and still deciding that it is worth going threw to have a child to love and hopefully the child loving them back ..IMO

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

but Christian do not seem to realize that it is an immoral doctrine that they preach.

I wouldn't say its "immoral". Just that its not there in the "source" book.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Scriptures say that God forgave others before that point of murdering time so he could have just maintained that standard.

I believe you're getting christian Dogma mixed up with what it actually says... To say that God set his sons murder is also saying God controls all of us... thus free will goes out the door.

God knew he would be killed though i don't believe HE wanted it to happen... Jesus certianly did not want to die, but he knew it was necessary. He even said, "i must go... otherwise the comforter will not come"

It was a necessary sacrifice to show his followers proof that life exists beyond death...

His followers were not true believers in this concept until he came back to them...

Look...

19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21But he spake of the temple of his body.

22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I don't think God planned for them to eat the forbidden fruit ,but that He knew they would ,and knew what it would require for Him to redeem His creation .....Its kind of like a married couple knowing the effort and the heart aches in having a child and still deciding that it is worth going threw to have a child to love and hopefully the child loving them back ..IMO

You mean someone can actually go against the PLAN or something can be excluded from it?
Impossible.

Regards
DL

edit on 29-4-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I believe you're getting christian Dogma mixed up with what it actually says... To say that God set his sons murder is also saying God controls all of us... thus free will goes out the door.

God knew he would be killed though i don't believe HE wanted it to happen... Jesus certianly did not want to die, but he knew it was necessary. He even said, "i must go... otherwise the comforter will not come"

It was a necessary sacrifice to show his followers proof that life exists beyond death...

His followers were not true believers in this concept until he came back to them...

Look...

19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21But he spake of the temple of his body.

22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Jesus/God needs some other comforter?

How many nanny's do we need?

What are we? Heavens make work project?

If that resurection was so important, one wonders why the main gospels do not speak of it.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I have read the gospels and they defiantly speak about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ..any one that reads the gospels and misses that part one would have to wonder just what else they may have missed ...No doubt that many do not believe the narrative and have many other opinions about it but it is most surely recorded there .

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I have read the gospels and they defiantly speak about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ..any one that reads the gospels and misses that part one would have to wonder just what else they may have missed ...No doubt that many do not believe the narrative and have many other opinions about it but it is most surely recorded there .

Sure but how plausible is it?

Do we really care what is written in a book of myths?

Regards
DL

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

There would seem to be ample extra biblical documents from secular historians and civil sources to suggest the people places and times can be known and trusted as best we can ...As for the rational of the biblical account I would have to agree it does defy mans rational but at the same time great amounts of money and time are put into the scientific study of Quantum Physics which defies rational but at the same time is believed by both Christians and non Christians ....I am not sure what to say other than if you can make a rational comparison and come up with a theory to explain the 2 I would be willing to listen to what you have to say ...peace

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I believe Jesus was the comforter he spoke of...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join