It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does rudeness upset us so much ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by jerryznv

Not at all. Please explain the rules of rudeness.

Not my specific explanation...but you can start here!

LINK

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Great advice. Nothing to add beyond a flag and a star, or...................

Can't we all just get along

edit on 4/24/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

Blaine91555
Thank you for takeing the time to read my thread
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spocksbuttbaby
peoples egos, shes or hes not nice to me ooohhhh me me me me its all about me type of thing and people dont like being taken out of there comfort zones.

spocksbuttbaby
I don't think anyone likes being taken out of there comfort zone i know i don't..But sometimes it happens and we have to deal with it as adults and keep a cool head..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

No, I want all ATS people to explain what they feel is rudeness. Can we start with you?
edit on 24-4-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

Reason is....guess.
edit on 24-4-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

No...sorry...I won't play that game!

Start your own thread if you want opinions...that is not the topic of this thread!

You do know how to start a thread right?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I just want to understand, so can you explain from your mind what is rudness?

InTheLight
Lets start with you what do you think rudeness is? Its interesting you would ask that ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
you won't play that game! lol

yet you end the post with i want to play lets drop a digg into my post game

You do know what a digg is at the end of a post right? lol

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I dont bother people PERIOD...but when they bother me especially get in my space with bad energy, I shut them down and dont allow them around me. I guess thats why I sit home alone every night.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

you won't play that game! lol

yet you end the post with i want to play lets drop a digg into my post game

You do know what a digg is at the end of a post right? lol

That was not a dig...that was an offer of assistance!

If that member needs help starting a thread on a new subject...I would be more than happy to help!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

If I may, I will try to explain rudeness:

When you tell someone to have a great day, and they say yeah and walk away.

Going out of your way to help someone and having them tell you that you suck.

Running your butt off for someone that doesn't appreciate you one bit.

Watching people throw stuff out of their windows (littering) and thinking nothing of it.

People leaving dirty diapers on picnic tables in parks.

Going camping and taking out 4 bags of garbage that aren't yours.

I can go on, would you like me to??? Sorry, these are some really sore points with me, I have more if you would like to hear

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

I agree and thanks for sharing.

What I think rudeness is....

D I S R E S P E C T and

just plain selffishness.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
I dont bother people PERIOD...but when they bother me especially get in my space with bad energy, I shut them down and dont allow them around me. I guess thats why I sit home alone every night.

I think the best thing to do is walk away when people with bad energy come around no one has to put up with that ever..Maybe you just need a hobby or meet new people
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

ooohhh a offer of assistance ...... allrighty then i never expected such a predictable reply from you lol i could have just saved the time and posted your reply for you hahaha your funny jerry, you look kinda dumb with that one dude.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

ooohhh a offer of assistance ...... allrighty then i never expected such a predictable reply from you lol i could have just saved the time and posted your reply for you hahaha your funny jerry, you look kinda dumb with that one dude.

You are right...how dumb of me...and predictable...want to see more help from me?

Ohs a offer of assistance ...... alright then I never expected such a predictable reply from you!
I could have just saved the time and posted your reply for you hahaha your funny jerry! You look kinda dumb with that one dude.

Learn to spell and type "dude"...and then try insulting me!

Opps...forgot to fix "your"...it's "you're funny..."!

I am sure you caught that!
edit on 24-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

InTheLight
I do take my advice as much as i can ..I'm not rude to people i try my best to be a kind and loving person ..I don't come in a try to derail others threads and i try to be polite to all everyone deserves respect..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Jerry you are replying in a rude manner...disrespectful. Don't you envision yourself?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Jerry you are replying in a rude manner...disrespectful. Don't you envision yourself?

Really I am the one that was called dumb...don't you think that is rude...oh wait we don't know how you define rude yet!

Would you consider calling someone dumb...rude?

ETA: Also in case you're curious about why I informed you of one lined replies...in most cases it would be removed by a moderator...and I was trying to inform you...now that you have posted yet another one liner!

edit on 24-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
One liners arent allowed on ATS ..ATS is built around the fluid discussion of topics. This cannot be done effectively when members, are flooding the thread with page after page of one liner, off topics ..This forum was created to give you a voice, please choose to use it when bringing new content to the boards so that members may have an idea of what it is they are looking at and can respond in kind to your thoughts..
Each mod has the ability to apply nominal points warnings (20 points) for both of these minor board infractions. Please help us maintain the best discussion board possible by considering your responses in both content and length.
And thats from a mods post on ATS..peace,sugarcookie

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

My apologies sugarcookie...I have been sucked into defensive mode by "them" and we are detouring from your thread badly...a fine example of being rude IMHO...rude of me anyway...I know better!

Back on topic...I think all trolls...and people who intentionally de-rail threads are in the same catagory of people that let there animals poop in their neighbors yard...only trolls and de-railers do it electronically!

Just further proving that this generation has almost accepted rudeness as the norm...as much as we don't...it can become pretty normal...ATS is a fine example sometimes...people are rude without worry because there is no reprecussions for their behavior (unless they violate the T & C 's...)...but rudeness is almost a daily, in every thread, type of thing!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join