It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAD Cow Disease found in California

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

edit on 25-4-2012 by Baalam because: Silly~

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That's eerie. I live in Hanford, California.

Definitely unsettling.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I was reading this on MSN before I logged onto ATS....I read that the cows weren't meant for human consumption anyway...not that it's the truth and not that they're not down-playing it,lol. I hope it's isolated , I agree that I get more and more weary of animal meat as the years go by.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I wonder if the cow is from a herd thats been fed scrap/rejected/recalled foods?
Cows reported being fed M&M's, chips,
what else, beef patties for the beef?

Beef eaters -
Tommorrows zombies,
with a 20% greater chance of colon cancer than vegetarians ....
dont cut off the zombies heads, kick their azz and rupture their tumors.
... the 'other' bloody, s--tty mess.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

One thing for sure is that the cow tested, well, the cow corpse tested, lived a horrible life with almost no change of scenery or moving around, no chance of getting sun, or eating its natural diet, or of being clean of its own waste. And then it gets to be killed and stripped immediately of its skin, blood, and then chopped up with sharp cleavers while its brain is still alive. And this is all lawful according to legal rulings, tradition, and a all-too-human interest in the bottom line. Then Poor Bessy gets to be dragged through the mud (maybe literally) to be insultingly labeled with the term Mad Cow.

With a life like that is anyone surprised that from time to time deadly diseases work their way into the concentration camp (in terms of being limited to small areas) mentality present in the corpse indust..., ah, I mean "meat" industry?
edit on 25-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here is more news.

South Korea is nervous about the "one cow" !!

(CNN) -- The first U.S. case of mad cow disease in six years sparked fears of illness that prompted at least one major South Korean retailer to suspend the sale of American beef.

S. Korea curbs U.S. beef sales after confirmation of mad cow disease

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Here is more news.

South Korea is nervous about the "one cow" !!

(CNN) -- The first U.S. case of mad cow disease in six years sparked fears of illness that prompted at least one major South Korean retailer to suspend the sale of American beef.

S. Korea curbs U.S. beef sales after confirmation of mad cow disease

Everyone should be, Think about how many don't get tested and end up in the food chain. We have no way of knowing if it has entered the food chain or not.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ujustneverknow

You are correct, we really should be only eating wild Turkey, Fish with both grills and scales (not seafood) and Lamb.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Aleister

The thing is, this particular cow tested for mad cow disease was a randem test, why not test all of them and my bet is the number will skyrocket!

what are you trying to do?...end people from getting a disease? geez, wake up, this is after all a profit first society. if we cared, there would be strict laws , with stricter punishments. when CEO's and executive officers are put in prison, only then will it be taken seriously. if not, it's an "accident", a "fluke", a "minor setback", a "disgruntled employee", "something they wern't aware of", a "lack of proper training", a "deranged loner",...etc.....you get the idea.
edit on 25-4-2012 by jimmyx because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

BSE was initially recognized in cattle in the UK in 1986; there is good information that it had not occurred before then. Epidemiological research led to the conclusion that the bovine agent had originated from the scrapie agent, which had been present in sheep in the United Kingdom for at least 200 years. It is presumed, but will likely never be proven, that the scrapie agent jumped species and moved into cattle when sheep offal (the leftover parts of butchered animals) was included in protein supplements fed to cattle. After cattle started to die, cattle carcasses and offal were included in the same protein supplements -- this seems to have amplified the epidemic. The epidemic in cattle in Britain reached incredible proportions; by 1993 more than 1,000 cases per week were being reported. More than 160,000 infected cows have now been identified, involving more than 50% of the dairy herds in the UK. Protein supplements containing sheep and cattle offal were banned in the UK in 1988, but it was not until 1991-1992 that the ban was strictly enforced.

OMNOMNOM
Animal offal in England now gets pulped, freeze dried and dumped, which isn't particularly great if you live within half a mile of said dump after it rains and the ground starts warming up. Least, as far as I know, no one here is sticking it back down the stomachs of Moo Cows. If it's popped up where any of you guys are, sounds like someones done a dodgy deed.

As for us eating infected cows the biggest problem we had was indeed the meat stripped off the bone and stuck into cheap burgers.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join