It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you see what I see??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I stumbled across this and wanted to see what you guys think. I'm not sure how double exposure works, or lighting issues, so I am going to leave it up to the brilliant minds here on ATS.

Any thoughts???

PLPL
edit on 21-4-2012 by Minori because: I can not spell lol

If anyone can load the picture to the thread itself that would be great, I am still learning all this techy type stuff!!
edit on 21-4-2012 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't understand what you want us to look at? All I see is a picture of stained glass window, taken with the flash on. Could you tell us what you think is odd about the picture?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

i see some faces ?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by withoutgravity

At the top of the picture, on the left............................
PLPL

right between the halos.....

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Thank you very much!!
PLPL

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Do you see the evil looking white face, red eyes??? When I first saw this picture, that was the first thing I noticed.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Now that you point it out, I do see a face, but it looks like it's probably just a reflection of the lights in the church. At least, I'm assuming it's a church.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

no, i see a green face top left, above the green beam, lol.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
SIGH. Nothing abnormal.

Folks who make threads with ordinary photos who *try* to find things that arent there or are nothing unusual, make those who post "ghost" photos a laughing-stock here on the forums.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by withoutgravity

It was taken at Lincoln County General Hospital Chapel. Here is the source from where I found this picture...
blog.world-mysteries.com...

I have left a message with the author, but no response as of yet.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm pretty confident in saying that what you're seeing is simply the result of Pareidolia. It's a very common phenomenon, so common in fact we all experience it every single day, and It's commonly mistaken for genuine paranormal activity.

Here's a definition for you:

It's where something insignificant is perceived as significant. It typically is a vague, obscure image or sound that is interpreted as being something more. Examples include seeing images of Jesus Christ in burn markings on a piece of toast or seeing the man on the moon. In practice the Rorschach inkblot test uses pareidolia to gain insight into a person's mental state. The ink blots alone are designed to be insignificant images but the responses they illicit in people are representative of the significance that the person's perception places on the images.

It's posted here in one of my past thread's on the subject: Pareidolia, Matrixing, Simulacrum and the Paranormal

That's my guess for why you're seeing what you're seeing anyway but trust me, It's a very, very common mistake in the paranormal world.

Edit to add: Here's a great example of this kind of "phenomenon" (Pareidolia) posted at the beginning of my above linked thread to show just how real looking it can be when in reality, it's nothing at all - but simply the mind trying to make sense of what it see's:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/yo4f931954.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh, my God -- it's a demon! Oh, wait... no it isn't... it's a rock. The phenomenon of seeing a familiar shape or form in random combinations of shadows and light is known as pareidolia or matrixing, and the thing itself is called a simulacrum. It's very common to see what looks like a face in jagged rocks (like this photo), grass, dirt, water, clouds, flames, clouds of dust, visible gas -- even a pile of crumpled clothing on the couch. (Haven't you put that away yet?)

The human brain seems to be wired to recognize faces. That's why it's so startling to sometimes see them in pictures like this. Although the rock formation is completely random in nature, gosh darn it that looks like a face! It must be a spirit! It's especially disconcerting to some people when the face, again like this one, resembles the traditional depiction of the Devil. It freaks them out.

In fact, look closely at all of the rock in this picture and you'll see several faces. So either we're just seeing things or this wall of rock is seriously haunted. Which do you think is more likely?
(Source)

Of course I could be completely wrong still but I just really don't think this is genuine paranormal activity unfortunately.

edit on 21-4-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Hey, this is not even my photo, and as I said before I do not know the mechanics of photography, that is why I am asking you guys.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I'll have to check it out thanks.....why could'nt I see something nicer.....lol
PLPL

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

My first thought was that it's a gargoyle on a building outside the window. Do you know if another building is close outside of this window? Neat looking picture.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by imalitehaus

Thanks...I have no knowledge of the location, my first attempt to find out anything was to contact the author of the article, then I came right here to you guys for your opinions.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Maybe Green Lantern is a religious guy.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

As a paranormal investigator....these r my thoughts...

To the right of the head .....you see a face....kinda demon looking...but...I think it's matrixing...your mind always tries to make something out of what your seeing....

As an investigator...I would put this in my..." probably pixilated" files....

I would be interested in you telling us what you see?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I see an evil eye staring out, smack-dab in the middle of the picture. In fact, the little jagged piece of glass kind of forms an ear, and there's a suggestion of a bulbous nose directly left and below the eye.

I also see the shadowy green face in the upper left. Looks like the lower right part of the face, part of the mouth...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Kind of looks like your avatar.

Am i right....?

edit on 21-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Your rude!!!!

What someone see's may b different then what you see!!! Why even come in here to waste our time with your self- righteous crap!!!

You get a star taken away!

<<   2  3 >>

join