It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden 'alive and in Pakistan'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
(CNN) -- Intelligence indicates Osama bin Laden is alive, Pakistan's president says, and the top U.S. military official in Afghanistan believes the al Qaeda leader is likely in Pakistan.

On a visit to The Hague in the Netherlands Monday, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf told reporters interrogations of captured al Qaeda operatives and technological evidence indicate bin Laden is alive.

Lt. Gen. David Barno, commander of coalition forces in Afghanistan, told the Reuters news agency that top al Qaeda leaders, including bin Laden and his deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri, are more likely to be in Pakistan than Afghanista

www.cnn.com... .binladen/index.html

Lt. Col. Pam Keaton, a spokeswoman for the U.S. military in Afghanistan, confirmed to CNN that Barno's comments were accurately reported by Reuters.

Pakistan is leading its own operations to track down al Qaeda members in Afghanistan, particularly in tribal regions near the border with Afghanistan.

The United States has no official involvement in those military efforts but has offered support.

HMMMM, Pakistan huh... geez, I never thought of looking there.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Bin Laden is not in Pakistan, unless he is in a US controlled prison, just waiting for the right time for Bush to announce his capture before the election. Bin Laden is either in US custody already or he's dead.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Bin Laden is not in Pakistan, unless he is in a US controlled prison, just waiting for the right time for Bush to announce his capture before the election. Bin Laden is either in US custody already or he's dead.

A lot of people think that.... and I'm one of them.. *wink*

Just waiting for the precise moment to bring him out...

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
wouldn't surprise me if he shaves and hangs out in India for a few years, then resurfaces.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Now that this idea/rumor/theory has been widely circulated to the point that even Teresa Kerry is mentioning it I think that it is less likely that Bin Laden will be presented before the election. If he was I think it would hurt Bush because too many people would be suspicious of the timing. Because of that, I think the chances of him surfacing right after the election are greater. Just my opinion of course but might be worth thinking about.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There is no way that America could have UBL in custody and not
have it leak out. No way. If we had him in custody and there
was a big announcement, there would be investigations by the
press and everyone else to get the details of the capture, and it
would be revealed that he was caught earlier and held quietly ...
nope. Couldn't happen. Wouldn't happen. That would be
political suicide.

Anyways ... he's dead.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I predict that the United States will never, I mean never, "capture Osama bin Laden," unless of course there is a changing of the guard here, and significant policy changes in this preemptive and perpetual war doctrine.

The reasons why are in the mystification of him, like he was superman. What better concept for perpetual war, than a myth surpassing "Elvis," but for the US created myth of perpetual Islamic terror. This is logical given the current public policy that assumes too much from their concept of dumbed down public.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Anyways ... he's dead.

What makes you think this and do you think our Government is aware and has proof of this?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

What makes you say that? Musharaf, while a dictator, doesn't have complete control of even the military or ISI, and certainly not pashtun dominated waziristan. And why can't bin laden be alive and in iran?

jemison
If he was I think it would hurt Bush because too many people would be suspicious of the timing.

I agree. Everyone is expecting it, there would be an investigation, someone would find evidence that he had been captured/held, and, if bush won the election, he'd probably be impeached, or at the very least there would be 'bad' political ramifications. It'd be a stupid idea anyway. If they had him, they'd say it the moment they confirmed it, and work it out so that the trial (heck, they could even have bush as one of the tribunals judges, he is Com in Ch. right?) either occurs during the elections, or, even more influential, the decision won't be made until just after the election. 'Vote for Bush or Kerry won't execute bin Laden' would be a thousand times more effective than 'Hey look, I, er, conviently, just caught bin laden now!". Interestingly, what happens if they do catch bin laden right then? I certainly wouldn't beleive (even tho in this case it ends up being true) it, just too much of a coincidence. SO do they hold off on searching for him now? Weirdness.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
suppose the u.s special ops forces don not know who they are looking for, in that rugged maze of wherever he's in. the pakastani imbecile forces don't know either. hmmm. and besides. why capture him at all? the war on terror must go on forever, Bin Laden is a myth. by the way he's elusive. and one superpower against a proverbial David against Goliath, it may well be that the david might win

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
At least try to make some sense. Your post was pretty rambling, how can people be able to comunicate with you if you post like that? Are you saying bin laden doesn't exist, or that he's elusive, or that no one knows what he looks like, or that he fights with a slingshot?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I can tell you almost exactly what they will say once they announce his capture.

We made a significant capture in the war on terror, UBL was captured in April in Waziristan by the Pakistani miltary. We needed to keep his aprehension a secret until now so that we could act on the intelligence that was gained by his capture.

There it is. We got him, we held him incognito, and here's why.

So if you don't buy it now while I'm saying it, imagine when it comes from Rummy.

Provided he's not dead already.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
but hey i am makingplenty sense, he's binladen has been, he's a myth, created by the cia. just running out of control. the thing is as the forum says deny ignorance look between the mainstream news and u willsee the manipulation of the american ppl minds.

LL1

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
He's probably in Yemen and not in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
but hey i am makingplenty sense, he's binladen has been, he's a myth, created by the cia.

Ok, good, now you are sticking to one idea, so he is a myth, a guy named 'bin laden' didn't exist, so there is no way to find him in afghanistan or any other country.

He's probably in Yemen and not in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Any particular reason for thinking that?

new topics

top topics

join