It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Real Conspiracies.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You left out the infamous “Streetcar Conspiracy.”

www.erha.org...

www.lovearth.net...

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Pearl Harbor? I don't think it is generally accepted that the U.S. knew about it prior to the attack.

Here's the thing: They were getting so much intel at the time that i became cluttered and lost in the hundreds upon hundreds of information pieces. On top of that, when the attack was to come, the U.S. didn't "let it happen" or "use it as an excuse" because we simply didn't know it was coming. It is fact that the radar operator made a mistake, fact that we were expecting a squadron of bombers in that day, and we did not know, at the time, that Japan was an enemy.

Up until Pearl Harbor, we were neutral. We didn't want to jump to conclusions, or make it seem that we were hostile to anyone. This is what led to Pearl Harbor. Either way, Japan paid for it up the nose. =/

Actualy I just saw a documentary on the discovery channel that admited we had prior knowledge. also it was common knowledge that Japan was secretly working with Germany.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Pearl Harbor? I don't think it is generally accepted that the U.S. knew about it prior to the attack.

Here's the thing: They were getting so much intel at the time that i became cluttered and lost in the hundreds upon hundreds of information pieces. On top of that, when the attack was to come, the U.S. didn't "let it happen" or "use it as an excuse" because we simply didn't know it was coming. It is fact that the radar operator made a mistake, fact that we were expecting a squadron of bombers in that day, and we did not know, at the time, that Japan was an enemy.

Up until Pearl Harbor, we were neutral. We didn't want to jump to conclusions, or make it seem that we were hostile to anyone. This is what led to Pearl Harbor. Either way, Japan paid for it up the nose. =/

-wD

I have always wonderded about the alleged dutch naval officers that saw the japanses fleet heading east in the pacific, and radioed us to warn us. Nothing ever got to the pearl harbor commanders. How can yo usay we didn't see it coming ?

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Very cool thread JB1. Thanks.

I am committing it to memory.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
How about the the "Spanish/American war", yellow journalism.

William Randolph Hearst was involved deeply.

Roper

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
>>>i also have to agree also dont forget about JFK jr. >>>

Tno,

Yes this one has been ignored~
What stauch Catholics cremate 3 humans at a time and then go way offshore to dump the ashes??
Give me a break..This one stinks to ths cosmos..

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Are we forgetting about Roswell??? I know you diddnt have any ufo conspiracys, but this one is to big to ignore, but man this is a great list.also what about princess Diana? The Gold Vault at Fort-Knox?(ok im going on a big limb on that one but if you have ever seen it you will know what i mean).

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I know conspiracys exist. I conspired to smuggle drugs, kill people[assassinate], and many other conspiracys. Your county,State and Federal prosecutor, prosecute conspiracies all the time. If you know dirty little secrets about powerful people, you can get a free pass on prosecution tho.
Powerful people don't get prosecuted. Presidents aren't powerful. You'd think they were, but they're not. Presidents have wives and kids, moms and dads. They do what they're told by the powerrs that be or lose family members. Or get killed themselves because they try to buck the powers that be. And we all know who the powers that be are- don't we? I do.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I have some common misconseptions for you JB1.
Nero:

1. The Fiddle or violin was not invented at the time. If anything it was a flute or thing such as that
2. According to historians he was in his ville or something fairly far away so he wouldnt have been able to come to Rome by the time number 1 WOULD have happend

No worries.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spartanious
I have some common misconseptions for you JB1.
Nero:

1. The Fiddle or violin was not invented at the time. If anything it was a flute or thing such as that
2. According to historians he was in his ville or something fairly far away so he wouldnt have been able to come to Rome by the time number 1 WOULD have happend

No worries.

Mea Culpa

You are quite right. My only excuse is that I wanted to have a chronological spread. Historians are split on this but you're right about the fiddle atleast. Tacitus was a giant in journalism of his time and it's just silly to ignore the only comprehensive contemporary report of the time.

What is acknowledge is the trip Nero took around Greece where his amateur dramatics earned him multiple premier art awards of the time. The modern day equivilent would be if a powerful dictator wrote, produced, directed, wrote the score, and acted in a movie that won every Oscar on year simply because the jurists were afraid. The nearest modern day comparison would be Kim Song Il (??) the president of North Korea who kidnapped the countries leading film director and forced him to make the films he wanted him too.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, JFK, 9/11...These all belong somewhere in conspiracies 11-20 if not 1-10. The first two are especially significant in the US. These two men were huge players in what we call our "FREEDOM".

So long as one man remains in chains, we are not free.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
I've kept this list to conspiracies that are accepted by the majority of historians.

I may write a top ten classic conspiracy theories at a later date in which case I would include JFK.

This is just ammo against those that will tell you conspiracies don't exist.

Best to set a foundation first and you did it well. I'm sure many in these times behaved much like people behave today, skeptically when one speaks of conspiracies concerning 911, jfk, aliens, religion, etc.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hello

Biggest real conspiracy of our history : UFOs and Aliens presence

Another big conspiracy : September 11th

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I agree, great thread

JB1

Speaking of mysteries and conspiracies. I often think it is a shame, that we will never have all the answers to our many questions.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Many conspiracies are IMPLICIT. The members know what they are all conspiring about, at least subconsciously, but they never need to meet and talk about it. Here is an example: the implicit conspiracy between the medical profession and the junk food industry. Each needs the other to exist, but neither will acknowledge the conspiracy. Also lawyers like other lawyers, because for every law suit there are 2 lawyers profiting.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Aquaman]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Though many believe JFK's death involved a conspiracy, I think the threader was limiting the conspiracies to ones that have been discovered and proven. Though I do believe that Lee was a patsy.

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
what about the JFK conspiracy?? That has to be up there in the all time great conspiracies.

Warren Commission report was a bunch of crap but sounded technically feasable with experts telling everyone about the "Magic Bullet" theory. You just have to watch the film and see the final headshot to know that he was hit in the head from a forward angle to the right it appears in my opinion. The back of your head doesn't blowout if you're shot from behind. Governments have been involved in conspiracies since their inception.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Hello

Biggest real conspiracy of our history : UFOs and Aliens presence

Another big conspiracy : September 11th

I conquer.Infact it is soo big that all the top 10 would be taken by this ufo thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
this is a great post john bull, but i am sure that the majority in here do acknowledge that conspiracies exist. that is probably why they are all here. it the herd of people out there in the "real" world that really need a kick up the ass.
it's the general public who say "hahahahahahahaha conspiracies heheheheheheeheheh. you dont believe in them do you?"
try and get that post into a mainstream news properganda program mate. thats where it needs to be

peace on earth

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Vey good post, but I'd also include the JFK conspiracy (the most spoken in the 20th century) and 9/11 because it simply was the worst attack by "terrorists" done in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Vietnam

The Vietnam war was started over an attack on a US ship that never took place.

USS Liberty

No war was started when the Israeli army attacked a US ship and killed 30+ US sailors in daylight.

In both instances. LBJ was president and the truth was kept from the American people. In the first instance it was useful in gaining popular support for officially starting a war. In the second instance, a more serious incident was suppressed for reasons of international relations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join