It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Military video shows goats being hacked apart in training exercies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This has got to stop.

Thanks to a brave whistleblower, PETA has obtained horrific undercover video of live animals whose limbs were cut off for an archaic military training drill. The course was held earlier this year in Virginia Beach, Virginia, by private contractor Tier 1 Group. In the shocking video, instructors repeatedly crack and cut off the limbs of live goats with tree trimmers, stab the animals with scalpels to cause internal injuries, and cut into their abdomens to crudely pull out their organs. Some of the goats moan loudly and kick their legs during the mutilations, which veterinarians who viewed the video say are signs that the goats were not adequately anesthetized and may have even been feeling pain. The disturbing video footage shows a callous course instructor who cheerfully whistles while dismembering goats as well as members of the Coast Guard who joke about writing a song about mutilating the animals.

Link

This is disgusting, so many members on here like to harp on about how the U.S. is one of the most advanced countries on earth, yet they still rely on things like this?

But that's not the thing that angers me the most. The thing that angers me the most is the inhumane treatment of these goats. The really disturbing thing about this is that most people just look at animals as objects that feel no pain.

I'm starting to just lose hope.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I lost hope long ago my friend. Long ago...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Why wouldn't they just shoot them in the head if they were going to kill them? I hate humans sometimes...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I bet you can see pretty much the same at your local slaughter house, or check the way animals are treated before they end up in your dish.

Its not that I care that much, after all I still eat it, its just that this "holier than thou" attitude about some crap the military does when you have pretty much the same or worse just around the corner.

This military bashing is getting out of hand... just shut up. Here's a quote to anyone that just spits out crap about the army... just think about that before posting "anti-army" crap...

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
My favorite comic book in the world is called Wanted by Mark Millar. It was made into a film in 2008, though it differed greatly from the comic. As he undergoes training to become an assassin, the main character is supposed to become desensitized to violence. The "fraternity" puts him to work in a slaughterhouse to do this. Here is a picture of it. Scary stuff.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
While I feel sorry for the animals, this is probably an important part of training. If you can't handle seeing cruelty to animals, how will you fare psychologically on a battlefield?

The best people suitable as soldiers are probably the ones you saw posing with those bodies of the suicide bombers.

Not being mean here, but if you burst into tears on a battlefield easily, you are not going to be much good to your buddies, your country or the banksters.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
I bet you can see pretty much the same at your local slaughter house, or check the way animals are treated before they end up in your dish.

Its not that I care that much, after all I still eat it, its just that this "holier than thou" attitude about some crap the military does when you have pretty much the same or worse just around the corner.

This military bashing is getting out of hand... just shut up. Here's a quote to anyone that just spits out crap about the army... just think about that before posting "anti-army" crap...

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

Are you actually serious? Telling me to shut up huh?

This was not an "anti-army" thread, this thread was aimed to shed light on the use of live animals for military exercises that can easily be replaced by something much more humane.

And for your information, I've been a vegetarian for 10+ years, so don't try to inform me of what goes on at slaughter houses.

And lastly, man 1776 was a long time ago. I don't know of any group out there that is planning to invade the U.S. and take away our "freedom". All I hear is middle eastern people demanding for us to get the hell out of their countries.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
While I feel sorry for the animals, this is probably an important part of training. If you can't handle seeing cruelty to animals, how will you fare psychologically on a battlefield?

The best people suitable as soldiers are probably the ones you saw posing with those bodies of the suicide bombers.

Not being mean here, but if you burst into tears on a battlefield easily, you are not going to be much good to your buddies, your country or the banksters.

Yes, you're right. It sorts out people who have morals, with people who have no morals.

Guess where the people with no morals end up. In the killing fields taking orders which no decent person would follow through.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I have done similar in survival training however we killed the animals quickly and humanely and ate them.. This however is perverted and a disgrace..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Looks like kindergarten training time for psychopaths... How to create a future serial killer. Yup, desensitise a human into a pattern of disregard for the rights of animals and other humans, then set em off into foreign lands. Then bring em back home and tell em to be good little citizens now... yeah right. Totally sick !

Probably see photos of their handy work on the net one day soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

"Guess where the people with no morals end up. In the killing fields taking orders which no decent person would follow through. "

What...?

Yes... ppl with no morale, taking orders no decent person would follow through, protecting YOUR ass (and the veggy one up there also) while you go on bashing the very ppl that bleed for a cause.

Thats cool... Why dont you please go have a taste of honor before posting a sentence like that.

But... I guess ppl with "morale" and that would never take orders like that end up in forums talking crap about something they have no knowledge about or are too scared to actually defend something.

And Mr Veggy, I wasnt actually talking about you, or to you, but... if the hat fitted, what else can I say. Offended much?

Way too many leftist conscience objectors (big word huh? I was actually thinking "cowards" but it didnt really have the right impact) in here bashing the military or any kind of armed forces left and right...
edit on 19-4-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

This is sure a mixed subject. On one hand, these guys are getting entirely too happy about what they're doing here. Using animals for training is something I call necessary. The same way it's necessary to shoot and kill a deer or turkey in the proper season. Enjoying it is a whole different matter and a couple here, I'd suggest they send back through the personality battery tests to see what comes up. Umm... Something isn't quite right with people who almost get off on the suffering of other creatures.

On the other hand and as much as I love the use of technology to enhance training, there is no substitute for the real thing. Whether that be wiggling and abusive humans in very icky simu-blood and more to give the impression of the real deal.......cadavers for medical schools where the public REALLY doesn't want to hear stories about ..well.. yeah. Or.. animals training like this.

If I am down in a major catastrophe like an Earthquake or violent trauma, who do I want running up to take a knee and pop open an aid pack? Do I want the guy who's puked his guts out on training sessions with living animals..and learned the mistakes and the difference between what matters and what doesn't? Or do I want the college kid who has spent many hours hard at work...on keyboards and simu-fleshy dolls on tables? Umm... Pardon me and I feel for the animals, but I want the guy who made his mistakes on them and not humans like me, as I need his very best.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Cutting off a goats legs is not military training, there is nothing to learn from that unless they plan on dismembering humans...
edit on 19-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Agreed.. This seems to be an attempt at creating sociopathic psychos... Not soldiers...

Never once on the battlefield have I wielded a sword and hewn the enemy limb from limb....

Once a soldier loses his humanity he is no longer a soldier

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Well, I really don't know what the right way to do this would be. I can't sit here and say those pictures on the link don't bother me. They do....and I'm hard pressed to really imagine how they're working on the animals and not very aware of the ultimate thing they're doing secondary to the training. I'd sure have a hard time putting that aside.

Again though.... Learning isn't pretty on anything. Mistakes are a part of learning.....and the same thing applies as I said in the other post. Should the mistakes be make on people or on a pig which IS going to be slaughtered no matter what. It was raised for no other purpose...and not dying in training only changes which day and which method it's killed. Hard ..but true.

I'd still rather be the patient a medic is making a real masterpiece of aid work with.........not doing a 'fine' job of ON the job training to. Some ugly things in life just can't be avoided...this is one of them. All we could change is WHO gets the pain. Sorry, and forgive me a thousand bacon breakfasts....but the pig gets it before I do.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Never once on the battlefield have I wielded a sword and hewn the enemy limb from limb....

The guy on your avatar disagrees with you...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

laughable at best.

tell me exactly what freedoms of mine is the military protecting in Iraq, Afghanistan, Lybia etc?

there are no freedoms to protect there, they're there to protect investments.

friggin bs quote.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Irony

My "sword" is better than his though

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

you may call people who won't give their lives to scum who want death and destruction "cowards" I prefer the term, decent people. If we do not learn from our past mistakes, we are doomed to repeat them. Do you think that those who send brave people out to kill one another, actually give 2 flying f###s about them?

And yes, I do belive that those who join the military with good intentions are brave. But those who give the orders are far from that. And anyone who is willing to do the bidding of the money men, without actually thinking that what they are really doing, is just adding meat to a hungry machine, well, they're not the full ticket, are they. Let's just blindly follow orders to kill your fellow man, on a whim and a media frenzy of propagandda. get real, and get a clue. These wars people are sent to fight in, are nothing but money making schemes for the rich and powerful. Those who do the actual fighting are nothing but pawns to them. Nothing. Don't be that pawn, and don't feed the machine.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

you know what is a good idea though?

if you're so hellbent on war and destruction (and proud of it as far as i can tell)

why don't you pick an island, somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

station all troops there and blow the sh*t out of eachother, while leaving the innocent and people who want nothing to do with your pesky wars alone?

how is that for an idea?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join