It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Killed During Initiation at Masonic Lodge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com

A man was killed during a Masonic initiation ceremony when another member fired a gun loaded with real bullets instead of the expected blanks and shot him in the face, police said Tuesday.
A 76-year-old man alleged to have fired the shot was charged with manslaughter.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
not very many people have an understanding of what freemasonry is all about but for those that do this is pretty crazy.

They should be forced to reveal their initiatic teachings to the courts and unravel the mysteries behind the secret brotherhood.

So we can all share in the knowledge.

Knowledge is power!

www.foxnews.com

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Odd...so part of the initiation is to have what is supposed to be believed, or in this case was, a loaded gun pointed at your face? Don't count me in unless I was the one that checked the gun last. Sounds like this Masonic lodge was the Lodge of Fail.

Just don't see how this guy could have had 2 guns in the same pocket...and never figured he may accidentally pull the wrong one. That and he must have had HUGE pockets.
edit on 4/18/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Now this is one that we heard about ..I wonder how often it happens ? you know those boys know how to keep secrets .

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

The goal is to allow the person to have a near death (out of body) experience by inducing them into intense states of anxiety, fear, or stress.

edit on 18-4-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There are no guns(real or fake) used in any initiation into the brotherhood. True story!
2nd

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Please note that this is NOT breaking news as it happened in 2004 and was posted on here in breaking news when it occurred. Why is this forum starting to just regurgitate everything... feel like its groundhogs day

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Not only should the trigger puller get in severe trouble, I think this warrants a very in depth investigation into their practices. If this country had any accountability it would investigate this deeply and thoroughly, and maybe it may just root out some of the evil that these places supposedly have among them. I think it should be done even if they have to use the pretense that there is concern over their initiation practices, especially if it means people can die in the process.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It must have been some weird kind of group calling themselves Masons becuase no Masonic ceremony uses guns.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
It must have been some weird kind of group calling themselves Masons becuase no Masonic ceremony uses guns.

No actually it's a lodge just like any other.

wiki:
The South Side Masonic Lodge No. 1114 was built in 1924 in Classical Revival architecture in Fort Worth, Texas. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I wonder if what happened was the same thing that happened to Brandon Lee.... A blank, which is a charge, but no bullet, dislodged a bullet that was stuck in the barrel.

Oh nevermind.....

Eid had two guns — one with blanks and one with real bullets — and apparently pulled the wrong one out of his pocket and fired, shooting James in the face, the lieutenant said

Sheer stupidity..... Why have two guns like that.....
edit on Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:13:06 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
what kind of initiation requires a gun pointed at your face. if it's symbolic, an airsoft gun would have sufficed.

i think this guy was murdered.

columbo would get to the bottom of this.

edit on 18-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by killjoy99
. Why is this forum starting to just regurgitate everything... feel like its groundhogs day

Partly because the majority of the genuine conspiracy theorists who could hunt out and explore a good theory were banned or otherwise disappeared from the board in the great purge of 2009

this post will disappear in 5....4....3....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I saw this on the side of some other article posted here also, it's not breaking news o_O

Published March 09, 2004

I don't agree with the police on this one though, you don't just point guns at peoples heads even if there are blanks in there, plus the guy he shot couldn't even see so no point in pointing at his face!
edit on 18-4-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Why would "faking" a killing be an initiation? That's creepy lol. I'd never join especially because of accidents like this lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Thanks for posting this.
We don't have to look any further to see why bullying and hazing are considered traditions and rites of passage.
Maybe this ritual should be added to marriage vows. "Till death do us part."
Looking at it this way, it sort of is like a marriage ceremony for men. They could call it a Masonic Ceremoney.

Do Eastern Stars also have to endure this morbid type of initiation?

How do we know this didn't happen during a game of Russian Roulette?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Sheer stupidity..... Why have two guns like that.....

Sucks to be on the receiving end of a trigger happy dislexic.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of psychological conditioning. It also proves that the elite value "fear". They want us anxious and scared because people are easier to control when placed in this state of mind. I'd also like to state that this must've happened while he was blindfolded (hoodwinked) because how else are you going to scare someone with a loud noise if they can see what's coming? The fact that a man was going to hit the cans with a stick solidifies the idea that he was most likely unable to see.

was shot while participating in an induction Monday night at the Southside Masonic Lodge (search), Suffolk County police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Detective Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick said the ritual that went "tragically wrong" involves making a loud noise to frighten the new member.

"The ceremony was designed to create a state of anxiety," he said.

The lieutenant said the Masons sat James in a chair and placed cans on a small platform around his head.

The alleged shooter, Albert Eid, was standing approximately 20 feet away holding a gun, Fitzpatrick said at a news conference. When the gun was fired, a man who had been holding a stick out of sight was supposed to knock the cans off the platform to make the inductee think they had been struck by bullets, he said.

At least the shooter was charged with manslaughter. If you ask me, the rest should've been charged with being accomplices. Who chooses the shooter for these ceremonies? Is the person chosen allowed to refuse to participate?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
There are no guns(real or fake) used in any initiation into the brotherhood. True story!
2nd

Just swords, right?
I suppose swords are more symbolic of penises than guns are, so this makes sense.

Even still, you cannot discount the evidence here. Maybe it's more appropriate to say that not all Masonic lodges have guns in them. I've heard that Masonic Lodges don't ever serve alcohol. Now, I can see why.

(I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more attention,
or maybe I shouldn't be surprised.)
edit on 18-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
not very many people have an understanding of what freemasonry is all about but for those that do this is pretty crazy.
They should be forced to reveal their initiatic teachings to the courts and unravel the mysteries behind the secret brotherhood.
So we can all share in the knowledge.
Knowledge is power!
www.foxnews.com

Yea I seriously doubt it was an accident. More likely a reluctant recruit unwilling to swear his soul to the devil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join