It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If So Many Are Pro-2nd Trimester Abortion Does That Make Abortion A Partisan Issue?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is that all that abortion is?
Nothing but a partisan issue?

I mean the science involved in determining when life is life I can admit can be abstract
And even with more research and results those future results can be abstract

But 2nd Trimester abortions, sorry there's no debate there, that's life no if ands or buts

It's now beyond the "you can't tell a woman what to do with her body", there's ANOTHER body there now, it's not just her body.

But many pro-abortionist that are okay or even fight for 2nd trimester abortions seem to be quite large and increasing in number

So what are you thoughts on this?

Many can say liberals are anti-war, they don't want to kill innocent people in foreign countries
But now we have another war criminal in office and they want to re-elect him because he's a Dem

So is abortion nothing more than a partisan topic?
Is that what 2nd trimester life means to some people? Nothing but political division and partisan points?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Id say second trimester is kind of a gray area, and I think the line should be drawn somewhere at 5th month of pregnancy, when brainwaves first appear.

Statistics show that support for abortion varies greatly by trimester, and most people support legal abortion in first and ban on abortion in third trimester:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16/4/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Although I do believe that what a woman does with her body and what grows within it is her business, and it is between her and her Maker, I personally draw the line for abortions at the end of the first trimester. Once you start getting into the second trimester, the fetus begins to be recognizable (less of a zygote and more of an actual fetus), so I feel uncomfortable with the idea of second trimester abortions.

There is no "science" behind my feelings, it is just my own opinion.

Honestly, if you went the first trimester and didn't do anything about it, perhaps it is best to carry the baby to term (except in cases of severe malformation of the organs or other parts).

However, it is not my body nor my baby. You never know what it is like to have to make a decision like that, so I'd rather not pass judgment on those that are in that position.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

But many pro-abortionist that are okay or even fight for 2nd trimester abortions seem to be quite large and increasing in number

There are no "Pro Abortionists" there are only "Pro CHOICE", please stop watching Hannity and OReilly, those people will rot your brain. I don't think I have ever seen one protest sign in front of an OB/GYN building that read "abort now before the lil parasite is too big!" I don't think I have ever seen a birthing wing of a hospital blown up by some pro abortion nutcase.

Most abortions happen within the first trimester. There's usually have to be a very sound medical reason why an abortion would have to be preformed after that.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
That's the problem with trying to put the line at trimesters. 2nd trimester is 3 months, and a lot of development goes on. A lot of crucial development that takes the fetus from just a cluster of cells to something that is recognizably human.

A better mark off is in terms of viability, which is usually marked in weeks. My understanding is that 22 or 23 weeks is about the time where viability is considered to begin. This would also jive with 5 months being the time that brainwaves are detected.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Personally I have to wonder why anyone would wait past 3 months. She know for sure that she is indeed pregnant by that time and in Most cases should have known since before conception whether or not she wanted to get pregnant.
However, I Totally fail to see why some folks get absolutely rabid about abortions.
It is none of their f'n business what women who are total strangers to them want to do with their bodies.

They are totally infected with Fetal Idolatry.
www.population-security.org...
"Fetal idolatry denies a woman’s right to control her body, her life, her destiny, all of which must be sacrificed to an embryo or fetus once she is pregnant. The “right to life” movement succeeded in persuading or pressuring the Republican Party’s platform committee to adopt this statement: “The unborn child has a fundamental right to life that cannot be infringed.” This means that men and fetuses have a fundamental right to life but pregnant women do not."

www.philosophylounge.com...
Part 1: The birth of fetal worship & extremism

Personal body integrity

"In the United States we have the right to personal body integrity. This means that I am legally protected from being forced to donate my blood or bone marrow—from having my body invaded against my will— even if it means someone else will die. It means that if a baby were to be medically attached to me to keep it alive, but without my consent, I could have it removed, even though it would then die. Yet, prior to 1973 there was one major exception—an exception where a person’s body could be invaded without her expressed consent and with potentially dangerous conse­quences, but where it was against the law for her to have the invasion removed. I’m referring to the millions of women with unwanted pregnancies who were being forced to carry to term and give birth. In 1973 Roe v. Wade changed all that. One half of our entire population now became legally and safely protected from forced childbirth—from being unwilling embryo incubators".

The UN Agenda 21 also has provisions against Enforced Pregnancy.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
There are no "Pro Abortionists" there are only "Pro CHOICE", please stop watching Hannity and OReilly, those people will rot your brain.

You are FOR abortion, so you are a pro-abortionist
you wanting people to standardize on a friendlier & more marketable sounding buzzword does not change that
Stop watching MSNBC, it will rot your brain.

That's like saying "don't say warhawks are pro-preemptive war, they are pro-peace"

Originally posted by HauntWok
Most abortions happen within the first trimester. There's usually have to be a very sound medical reason why an abortion would have to be preformed after that.

That's 3rd trimester that a very valid reason is required as I undersand it

If I am incorrect I welcome the correction as I might be wrong

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

A better mark off is in terms of viability, which is usually marked in weeks. My understanding is that 22 or 23 weeks is about the time where viability is considered to begin. This would also jive with 5 months being the time that brainwaves are detected.

Viability is good for now, but it is not a good mark off in principle, because it depends on medical technology. It already got lowered from 28 weeks at the time of Roe vs. Wade to 24 weeks, and the trend will only continue. Some time in the future, all foetii, embryos and even fertilised eggs will be viable. Then what?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
7 billion isn't enough? You want more? With no predators thinning our herd of the physically and intellectually weak more of those weak genes are being passed on; as a species we don't need that!

You see that, right? You realize that once we have 7 billion of anything there is nothing special about that any longer?

Derek

top topics

join